User Tag List

MBTI
    INTP

Default A good evening to all

I am a 48 year old male based out of Alexandria, VA (just out side of Washington, DC) currently on a long term project at an ESU (enormous state university) . I am a geochemist by trade and my primary interest is the chemistry of metals, sulfur and by necessity carbonates.

I was diagnosed () as INTP… twice. Once in the army as part of a study and once as part of really awful promotion into management. While I’m not in a position to evaluate the accuracy of the Myers-Briggs, I am very certain there is more than a grain of truth in the assessments and archetypes – at least for me. I find that in times of stress that it is useful to review the various personality traits to understand and potentially anticipate my reactions.

I found this forum and thought it would be interesting and instructive to interact with people who understand the various aspects of the personality types and, ideally, meet a few other INTPs to swap stories and advice.

MBTI
    INFP

Hello jimrckhnd,
    I am new here today as well.
    Apparently, I'm stricken with INFP, don't know how that differs to INTP yet...
    Pleased to meet ya.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4
    Socionics
    ILE

Holla. is it possible that there might be magma men under the earth or other planet's surface? If so, what do you imagine they would look like?
    I redact everything I have written or will write on this forum prior to, subsequent with and or after the fact of its writing. For entertainment purposes only and not to be taken seriously nor literally.

Quote Originally Posted by Edgar View Post
    Spamtar - a strange combination of boorish drunkeness and erudite discussions, or what I call "an Irish academic"

MBTI
    INTP

Hrm... magma men. Well there are plenty of electrons to scavenge down there with redox reactions so energy isn't a big problem. Mobility is a bit of a problem and not sure what use intelligence on any level would be so its unlikely to have evolved. So... no magma men.