User Tag List

12 Last

Thread: INTP here

MBTI
    INTP

Default INTP here

Oh heeyyyy, I'm new. Don't really know what to put here. So...

MBTI
    Aeon
    Enneagram
    10w so
    Socionics
    LOL

Yes, there seems to be a plague of INTPs recently. It seems the INTP traps aren't working properly anymore. But we usually welcome those who make it through. I like *playing* with them.

yea i dont really know what to put on here either, i just joined as well, so welcome!
    something i have found interesting is that my best friend is an intp and we are similar in many ways, do you find that it is easy for intp's and intj's to get along?

MBTI
    INTP

Hey! Yeah, I had a good friend in a class who was an INTJ, definitely got along and everything. We both could get excited about ideas and learning and discussing things together. I did notice that she was more organized and decisive while I was more flexible and open to different perspectives (which explains the P versus J part), which sometimes caused a little bit of tension. I remember studying together and she seemed to have a clear and direct understanding of the information while I was often questioning it and trying to come up with new ideas that often weren't what we were trying to learn (which I think annoyed her a little). But I learned a lot from the friendship, definitely kept me on track while also allowing room to get excited about intellectual topics.
    My example is kinda limited, but are there any similarities with you and your INTP friend?

Yessss...more INTPs!

yea most of that seems familiar actually, it is definitely more entertaining to be talking with my friend than most other people because other people tend to like small talk and the conversation is usually interesting. i have limited on knowledge of working with him though... so i can not confirm all of the similarities. but it is interesting that intj's and intp's tend to get along. also i have never met a female intj in real life, what where your thoughts on that?

MBTI
    INFP

@auphix7
    hello, i'm new too.
    I read somewhere that INFP and INTPs are quite similar... But I'm really a novice with all this MBTI stuff so I guess we'll see.

MBTI
    FREE

Welcome.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4
    Socionics
    ILE

The INTPs will take over this website and then kick out all the inferior types (non INTPs). Note my prediction as a preamble to this natural circile of evolution.
    I redact everything I have written or will write on this forum prior to, subsequent with and or after the fact of its writing. For entertainment purposes only and not to be taken seriously nor literally.

Quote Originally Posted by Edgar View Post
    Spamtar - a strange combination of boorish drunkeness and erudite discussions, or what I call "an Irish academic"

MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by breaking the paradox View Post
    yea most of that seems familiar actually, it is definitely more entertaining to be talking with my friend than most other people because other people tend to like small talk and the conversation is usually interesting. i have limited on knowledge of working with him though... so i can not confirm all of the similarities. but it is interesting that intj's and intp's tend to get along. also i have never met a female intj in real life, what where your thoughts on that?
    yeah, i think intj and intp(s) bond over the intellectual thing for sure! I've never met a male intj, so I can't really make a comparison. But the intj I know is really focused academically, knows what she wants for a career, and seems to be pretty steady in achieving her goals. We were in a cognitive psychology class together and she had a pretty solid understanding of the material we were learning. I definitely appreciated being able to talk in depth with her about what we were learning!