User Tag List

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Hello, Fellow Typologists

Default Hello, Fellow Typologists

I'm a 60 year old INFJ from the Pine Barrens of South Jersey. I became a certified MBTI practitioner through CPP in 2003 and have administered the MBTI with hundreds of English and German students throughout my thirty two years of high school teaching. Before I became certified, I used the Keirsey Temperament Sorter with my students. My interest in Jungian types can be traced back to my masters thesis "The Chinese Influence in the Novels of Hermann Hesse" at UMaine in 1975 (where I earned my MA in German). I became familiar with Hesse's Taoist sources (through his cousins, the Sinologist Richard Wilhelm and the Zen Buddhist scholar, Wilhelm Gundert) which were instrumental for Carl Jung's theories of the collective unconscious, archetypes, and synchronicity. I have been a Taoist for most of my adult life, although I have recently chosen the more global moniker "panentheist" to
    bring me in line with the Process Spirituality of Whitehead and Hartshorne. I am very fond of the American Transcendentalists (Emerson, Thoreau and Fuller) and consider myself an avid Nature enthusiast via kayaking, canoeing, sailing, hiking, and gardening. I have been happily married for 33 years to an INTJ and have two fine adopted daughters, an INFJ, from South Korea, and an INFP, from India. So let's talk!

Herzlich willkommen.

Welcome to the stew of our personal problems under the guise of typology.

5w6 sp/so
    SLI None

Hmmm, A certified MBTI practitioner. Your interests are quite fantastic indeed. Welcome to the forums Pan-en-theist.

Thanks, Gingko, World's Oldest Tree and Fine Bloodthinner, may your threads create a long-lived multi-colored robe for me.
    Thanks, Oakysage, Another Old Tree, made sacred by the ancient Druids, may your wizardry endure like Stonehenge.
    I feel as if I'm at an Ent-moot!

937 so/sx

Welcome to the forum!
    "Remember always that you not only have the right to be an individual, you have an obligation to be one."
    Eleanor Roosevelt

"When people see some things as beautiful,
    other things become ugly.
    When people see some things as good,
    other things become bad."
    Lao Tzu, Tao Te Ching

Senior Member Array The Outsider's Avatar
    5w4 sx

Thanks, Nicodemus, Peacebaby and The Outsider. Hmmm, three INTJs and two INFPs are welcoming me. Three share my Dominant Ni and two are my wannabes. My daughter, a 22 yr old INFP, creative writing major and fantasy novelist, says: "Daddy, deep down I know you're one of us." Actually the second time I took the MBTI I came out an INFP (uh, oh... he's one of those swing types). I am slightly J but Socionics says that's o.k. Wouldn't an INFJ say: "Hey, Outsider, I don't care what others think, you're my Insider!"? Naw, come to think of it, INFPs would say that too. Here we go!

Greetings, Pan-en-theist!

Welcome to the forum. I'm reminded of that old riddle about a doctor's son and his father in a severe car crash. When you described yourself as an INFJ married to an INTJ, I just assumed you were a woman. I guess the fact that male INFJs and female INTJs are so rare makes my mistake a forgivable one?