User Tag List

First 12345 Last

MBTI
    INFJ

The Enneagram originated in the Chilean mysticism of Oscar Ichazo and Claudio Naranjo during the 50s, 60s and 70s, which was further predicated on a strange amalgam of the Kabbalah, Gnosticism, Neo-Platonism and the theories of the Greek- Armenian mystic Gurdjieff. How does one receive training in such a method? How do I explain the results to one who has taken the instrument? The RHETI is a 144 item forced pair sorter like the MBTI, but it lacks validity and internal consistency.
    Take for example item #76: "Typically, I have not had much self-discipline." versus
    "Typically, I have not had much connection with people." The first statement strikes me as a J/P issue, the second as either an E/I or T/F concern. See next post.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    937 so/sx

You can put your thoughts into one post - we are accustomed to walls of text here.
    "Remember always that you not only have the right to be an individual, you have an obligation to be one."
    Eleanor Roosevelt

"When people see some things as beautiful,
    other things become ugly.
    When people see some things as good,
    other things become bad."
    Lao Tzu, Tao Te Ching

MBTI
    INFJ

Again, King-of-Despair, the MBTI is clearly superior. I can take a 16 MBTI Types Table and fold it in half horizontally or fold it in half vertically (thus forming a cone) and explain the connection between the types on opposite ends of the table. I can apply Beebe's Eight Processes Model to the sixteen types and generate 128 functions (four egosyntonic functions: hero, parent, child and anima; four egodystonic functions: opposing, witch-senex, trickster, demon) and show the logical coherence between them. Although closer to the MBTI, Socionics has serious issues, as well. More later.

MBTI
    INFJ

Thanks, PeaceBaby. I wrote that three sectioned post earlier and the forum timed out on me. It was lost when I logged in again, so I had to resubmit it. The second version was better anyway.

MBTI
    INFJ

Senza Tema, As an MBTI practitioner I administer the 93 Item Form M MBTI to high school students. I offer individual
    consultations and evaluations, set up cooperative learning groups using type, and settle disciplinary crises using type.
    Just recently I have been administering the MBTI to high school guidance counselors.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 so/sx
    Socionics
    EII Ne

well hello

i am a panentheist also

Diving into Ni-space Crescent Fresh's Avatar
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

Quote Originally Posted by PeaceBaby View Post
    You can put your thoughts into one post - we are accustomed to walls of text here.
    Seconded.

Welcome to TypeC and I'll be looking forward to your insightful posts.

Diving into Ni-space Crescent Fresh's Avatar
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

Quote Originally Posted by Pan-en-theist View Post
    Again, King-of-Despair, the MBTI is clearly superior. I can take a 16 MBTI Types Table and fold it in half horizontally or fold it in half vertically (thus forming a cone) and explain the connection between the types on opposite ends of the table. I can apply Beebe's Eight Processes Model to the sixteen types and generate 128 functions (four egosyntonic functions: hero, parent, child and anima; four egodystonic functions: opposing, witch-senex, trickster, demon) and show the logical coherence between them. Although closer to the MBTI, Socionics has serious issues, as well. More later.
    Wow... *taking notes*

Welcome!!!
    "The purpose of life is to be defeated by greater and greater things." - Rainer Maria Rilke

Quote Originally Posted by Jonnyboy View Post
    Welcome to the forum. I'm reminded of that old riddle about a doctor's son and his father in a severe car crash. When you described yourself as an INFJ married to an INTJ, I just assumed you were a woman. I guess the fact that male INFJs and female INTJs are so rare makes my mistake a forgivable one?
    Oddly enough, I sensed he was male. After your comment I went back to reread his original post to find an indicator, but found none. Given the stats on this forum I ought to have assumed otherwise... something about his "tone" said male INFJ. Takes one to know one?
    "The purpose of life is to be defeated by greater and greater things." - Rainer Maria Rilke