12 Last

Gotta catch you all! Blackmail!'s Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w8

Default New new ENTP on the block!

Hi folks!

I'm sorry, but this forum will have to endure my awful frenglish too.
    You know, in french I would type two or three times faster... You have no idea how impairing using the english language can be, when I need to express a concise Idea.

In my own native language, I would use lot of words, would pay attention to the vibrancy of my sentences, and make NO spelling mistakes whatsoever.
    Here, my vocabulary is severely framed, limited. I spend minutes to imagine a possible translation, what a waste of time!
    And for a dominant Ne, this is a nightmare, because when you eventually reach a correct word to describe what you were thinking the moment before, you had time to find a completely different new Idea.

I feel out of sync!

Furthermore, my perception of English is almost entirely intuitive. I never really followed english lessons in school, and I fear it's quite obvious to guess it. As a matter of fact, I don't know the basic rules of english grammar: I use my own instinct, sometimes with disastrous results...

---

Anyway.

It's been several years since I've discovered the MBTI theory, and even now, I'm currently discovering new patterns about it. Usually, I do not like to make global generalizations or to put people in boxes, but I think there is something genuinely working under the MBTI mess.

When I used classic tests, I first thought I was an ENFP (t'was some years ago), but recently, after many advises from a wise colleague, it seems I could be an ENTP instead. And indeed, according to my function preferences, my Ti is far more stronger than my Fi, and unlike a true ENFP, I love to argue (IMHO it's a flaw).
    Thus, my friends often describe me as "warm, caring... and a cold analytical thinker". According to a little game we did together, most of them perceive me as an ENTP. Woe is me!

The truth is I may be a self-hating NT. I mean, I'd like to be an NF, and NT's often disappoint me (especially when I catch some while they're obviously lying). I often think NT's are not as rational as they pretend they are, it's rather an attitude. But you don't chose who you are, do you?

I have a very strong tertiary Fe and hence, a genuinely benevolent side. I don't even need to fake it, I really like people, and enjoy their company. And the older I get, the mellower I become.

---

This said, what else can I say?
    Oh yes!
    I'm a part time university teacher, and my specialities are architecture and landscape architecture. I enjoy Art with a fierce delight! Art, Art, Art, Art, Art!
    I can be quite elitist, somehow (especially when I'm in a bad mood). But I tend to be chronically happy most of the time (it's an Extroverted trend).
    I'm the kind of teacher who would rather befriend their students, share a drink or two with them or even invite them to parties (and vice-versa). I don't mind acting silly or displaying my emotions in public, and I often like to play random tricks too, so beware.

Politically, I'm Green Party, and religiously, I'm an atheist, even if I was raised into a jewish background.

That's enough for today!
    "A man who only drinks water has a secret to hide from his fellow-men" -Baudelaire

7w8 SCUxI

MBTI
    NeTi
    Enneagram
    <3
    Socionics
    wtf

Wow! Welcome!

You're in good company here.

You sort of remind me of myself. I'll look forward to reading more from you!
    You can't wait for inspiration. You have to go after it with a club. - Jack London

The Unwieldy Clawed One Falcarius's Avatar
    MBTI
    COOL
    Enneagram
    5w4
    Socionics
    Dino None

Your English is fine.

Oh, I am only going to welcome you on the condition you don't Blackmail me.
    Quote Originally Posted by Thalassa View Post
    Oh our 3rd person reference to ourselves denotes nothing more than we realize we are epic characters on the forum.

Narcissism, plain and simple.

Gotta catch you all! Blackmail!'s Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w8

Quote Originally Posted by Falcarius View Post
    Your English is fine.
    You're only saying that to appease me, aren't you?

Oh, I am only going to welcome you on the condition you don't Blackmail me.
    Well, you can never be sure what is REALLY going on within the dark recesses of a fiendish ENTP mind -we are often compared to foxes, you know-, but I'll try not to scare you, I promise!

Thanks for your welcome!
    "A man who only drinks water has a secret to hide from his fellow-men" -Baudelaire

7w8 SCUxI

MBTI
    ENTP

Welcome!

I wouldn't actually know you're not a native English speaker if you hadn't said that. An intuitive feel for the language can actually work far better than memorizing all the grammar rules (anyways, it's English, and most of the grammar rules have more exceptions than cases that follow the rule).

What sort of art do you like? Certain styles? My favorite artist is Monet, although I like the impressionists in general, and I also like to paint, which explains why, instead of having random grey crud under my fingernails, I have neon blue, and many other random shades.

I think I know more Jews who are atheist by belief and jewish by culture than I know who are jewish by both. I'm also atheist by belief, jewish by culture. ^.^ Which mainly means an ongoing obsession with good food. Do you still celebrate the holidays?
    "'You scoundrel, you have wronged me,' hissed the philosopher. 'May you live forever!'" - Ambrose Bierce

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4

^ Same here

`~~Philosoflying~~` SillySapienne's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w5

Yippity skippity!!!!

WOO-HOO

You seem awesome!!!!!

I already enjoy your honesty and expressiveness!!!

And what of this "playing tricks" thing, me no likey, oh well.

Hi again,

-CC
    `
    'Cause you can't handle me...

"A lie is a lie even if everyone believes it. The truth is the truth even if nobody believes it." - David Stevens

"That that is, is. That that is not, is not. Is that it? It is."

Veritatem dies aperit

Ride si sapis

Intelligentle sparkles

MBTI
    ENTP

I relate completely to your language issues! In my mind English and French are about equivalent, so I think in both (plus many other languages I've studied!)... and speak neither perfectly! But I think you'll find that drive for perfection has made your English as good, if not better, than a lot of English speakers who take their language for granted

Anyway, a special big welcome from me, we've much in common
    Ils se d�merdent, les mecs: trop bon, trop con..................................MY BLOG!

"When it all comes down to dust
    I will kill you if I must
    I will help you if I can" - Leonard Cohen

MBTI
    INTj

Quote Originally Posted by Blackmail! View Post
    Politically, I'm Green Party, and religiously, I'm an atheist, even if I was raised into a jewish background.
    "The only time I'm wrong is when I'm questioning myself."
    Haight

MBTI
    EsTP
    Enneagram
    6w7

Great to meet you, join the party!!!!

Your English is pretty good though.