User Tag List

First 78910 Last

Results 81 to 90 of 94

  1. #81
    Senior Member ThatsWhatHeSaid's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4
    Posts
    7,233

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sandy View Post
    Okay, Hello! My name is Sandy, and as nocapszy will sarcastically point out... I am quite the INFP! (What can I say? I can admit it. :rolleyes2: ) I am probably the oldest person on this board. I am 42-year old professional at a electric/gas distribution company in Illinois and am a very happy 42-year old! My teens were crap, and so were my 20s (except when I had my children at age 20 and 22), and my 30s were bearable. My 40s, however, have been fabulous!
    Really. That's interesting.

    My dreams are: going skydiving, living by the ocean, following my favorite musical artists when I can, painting, singing, visiting my many aunts, uncles, and cousins, and my 100-year old obachan (I gotta hurry!) in Okinawa someday, visiting Germany, and being a pastor's wife and grandmama to many grandbabies!
    Something about Germany? What?

    I turned down a full academic scholarship to marry my sweetheart of 4-years (my childlren's father) because he didn't want me to go (I know, I'm an idiot). And after he couldn't control his drug and alcohol addictions (and 2 stints in rehab), we divorced after 5-years of marriage (we have, however, remained friends for the boy's sake). Thankfully, when he turned 41, he finally got his vices under control.
    *Yawn*

    Currently oldest son (22) lives with me (going to school & working) and youngest INTP son (20) lives at Travis AFB in Cali. I don't know what my oldest son's MBTI is, because he won't take the test. I am guessing he is an ISTJ.
    ...zzzZzzzZZZZzzzZZZZzzz...

    I am as serious as I am goofy. The goofy part of me only comes out to people I feel close with. I am a serious music lover. If I irritate people, nobody has told me yet.
    Huh? What? No, I was listening, I promise.

    I have been the ruler of my household for 16-years and plan to marry my current INTP sweetie in about 2-3 years. I have to make it to 20-years with my company first before I quit. They won't let me retire though; they say that I need 13 more years before I can even consider it. Bummer.
    *Looks around*

    I'm glad you met me, Edahn!
    ...zzzZZZzZZzzzzZZzzz...




    You asked for it with that title.

    So what makes you identify as INFP, besides the obvious?

  2. #82
    Senior Member ThatsWhatHeSaid's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4
    Posts
    7,233

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by toonia View Post
    Why is this hard? Here goes.

    My first passion in life was astronomy. It was my obsession starting around age 13 onwards. I self-taught myself music and ended up majoring in that instead. I was always out of step because of a different background, but finished all the degrees through the terminal one in composition. I wrote a number of pieces inspired by astronomy - of course. I earn a partial living teaching and performing, but my next step is to manage some type of work that has sustaining income. Right now I have too many paths available that don't seem to lead anywhere. I'm not as ambitious as I should be. I've become too good at letting go. I don't play games well, especially those that involve power plays. Except for that I am rather adaptable. I value the ability and skills to be able to survive.

    Oh, and I used to be very limber and have reachieved my stretchiness forwards, but for some reason not backwards. My next goal is to be able to touch my toes to my forehead backwards like I used to do. I still have a way to go.
    Cool. I love astronomy and physics. I find it's a storehouse of spirituality. Even in physics, contemplating what an equation really, what a particle is, and what the universe really is can be mind-boggling and very pacifying.

    Too good at letting go is interesting. In fact, it's almost a paradox. If you let go of your own progress, then letting go can't be a problem. Guess it depends on what you're letting go of. I've found that letting go of the impression I make and what I will gain or lose is true freedom as it opens the door to authenticity and deep compassion. That's happiness.

  3. #83
    not to be trusted miss fortune's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Enneagram
    827 sp/so
    Posts
    20,123

    Default

    oh- I see how it goes! Run from a sarcastic reply!
    “Oh, we're always alright. You remember that. We happen to other people.” -Terry Pratchett

  4. #84
    Senior Member ThatsWhatHeSaid's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4
    Posts
    7,233

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ThatsWhatHeSaid View Post
    UGH! GET IT OFF ME!
    Quote Originally Posted by whatever View Post
    you say that to a lot of girls?
    Just you, whatever. Just you.

  5. #85
    not to be trusted miss fortune's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Enneagram
    827 sp/so
    Posts
    20,123

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ThatsWhatHeSaid View Post
    Just you, whatever. Just you.
    you just want me out of the picture so that you can run off with my dog!!!

    “Oh, we're always alright. You remember that. We happen to other people.” -Terry Pratchett

  6. #86
    insert random title here Randomnity's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    6w5 sp/sx
    Posts
    9,489

    Default

    Hullo.

    I'm an indecisive person who keeps doubting her type (intp? intj? isfp? infp? infj?), though only istp consistently fits "okay". I'm 21 and in my second-last year of a BSc in Biology. I'm not working this year for the first time ever since high school.

    interests include but are not limited to:
    nature/zoology/biology, sketching and painting, animal behavior and communication, psychology/deviancy, and playing volleyball and soccer rather poorly.

    negative:
    I have been called selfish, bitchy, whiny, mean and closed-minded.
    I also think at times that I am boring, lazy, short-sighted, overly emotional, and overly sensitive.
    I can't grasp symbolic meanings in literature etc for the life of me unless it's really obvious.
    I bite my nails compulsively.

    Random facts:
    I think it would be so, so fun to be an animal trainer but it will never happen, realistically.

    I also think it would be awesome to live in a remote cabin and be totally self-sufficient, though I don't think I could hack it, and I'd probably get bored after a few years.

    I have the raw talent to make a (crappy) living at art (I'm thinking medical illustration) if I had the motivation and interest, which I don't.

    I would love to be able to play a musical instrument but haven't gotten around to it yet.

    The scientific method is the closest thing I have to a philosophy on how to live life.

    Quote Originally Posted by Magic Poriferan View Post
    Can I get a "what-what" for cnidarians?
    Cnidarians rock. Harder than poriferans, even.

  7. #87
    no clinkz 'til brooklyn Nocapszy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Posts
    4,516

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by edahn
    I dare ya.
    It's already up. See?

    I hope you see where this really leads.
    we fukin won boys

  8. #88
    Senior Member ThatsWhatHeSaid's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4
    Posts
    7,233

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Nocapszy View Post
    It's already up. See?

    I hope you see where this really leads.
    LOL

    You fool! Take it down before the universe implodes under the weight of this paradox you've created!

  9. #89
    no clinkz 'til brooklyn Nocapszy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Posts
    4,516

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ThatsWhatHeSaid View Post
    LOL

    You fool! Take it down before the universe implodes under the weight of this paradox you've created!
    That's my plan. How did you think we were going to contraction of the universe? What did you think it was just going to continue expanding? Don't worry you'll be long dead (*not an omen or prediction*) before it's started a new cycle, so there's nothing to worry about.

    Do you have a strong interest with the cosmos at large? There seems to be consistent referral to its existence and effect, which, obviously, is indicative of your awareness of it.

    Added: If you're not looking at my signature, then there won't be infinite addition. It should impede the growth of the signatures and ultimately, the charging of the universe. If you're lucky, it will cause cause this reaction never to fill to capacitance, resulting in a cosmic stalemate.*

    *The universe can expand no further -- God gained a lot of weight over thanksgiving weekend, and there's no space left for us the universe to grow. Right now we're like a bean back chair for Him (not the band).
    we fukin won boys

  10. #90
    ~dangerous curves ahead~
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Posts
    2,590

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ThatsWhatHeSaid View Post
    Do you think it's weird that scientists describe black holes as being black? What other color would they be? Violet?
    Scientists are discoverers, not inventors. They named it black because they saw it that way, not what it could be. Why Edahn?. .

    Quote Originally Posted by ThatsWhatHeSaid View Post
    Why do people get annoyed with you?
    Being a saint is easy. Living with one isn't though.

    Seriously. I like to deconstruct, pull shapes and figures out of nowhere, and dance through possibilities. Tease many, but selective whom to please.. Quicksilver annoys those who prefer concrete.

    Quote Originally Posted by ThatsWhatHeSaid View Post
    What have you always dreamed of doing, but never had the guts to do?
    Lapdance for someone special.

    Quote Originally Posted by ThatsWhatHeSaid View Post
    Is that a rash on your arm, or are you just glad to see me?
    Is that a rash on your arm or are you just glad to see me?
    Last edited by white; 12-04-2007 at 10:19 AM.

Similar Threads

  1. Introductory threads encouraged!
    By SolitaryWalker in forum Welcomes and Introductions
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 05-01-2007, 11:26 AM
  2. Geoff makes obligatory welcome thread
    By Geoff in forum Welcomes and Introductions
    Replies: 16
    Last Post: 04-25-2007, 11:59 AM
  3. The Hundredth Thread
    By Rajah in forum The Bonfire
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 04-24-2007, 12:22 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO