User Tag List

First 1234 Last

MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by ThatsWhatHeSaid View Post
    Ugh. Me neither. Way too scripted usually. Too much pressure to talk and keep a conversation going. Hard to get a real feel for the person. And then of course, spies who could be listening. * eyes dart around the room and narrow *
    I'd prefer they send me an email instead.

Me too! OMG that's 2 things we have in common!
    Greek salad, hold the olives, please.

House party?
    Sure.

So what is it?
    I don't know.

MBTI
    ENfP
    Enneagram
    8w9 sx/sp

Hello, my name is niffer. When I grow up, I want to be an industrial designer. Amazingly, my high school has a course specifically on industrial design in grade 11. I also want to take Entrepreneurism (sp?) 11. Next year, I will be taking Drafting, which will be taught by my English teacher of this year.

I am half Chinese. Luckily, my grandmother taught me Chinese (Cantonese) when I was little, and so I can speak the language. Most mixed kids can't speak their Asian language. This is extremely useful, since I can listen in on people's conversations while looking Caucasian and having everyone being completely oblivious to my 3Xtr4 pwn4g3 sk1llz0rs. Also, since where I live Asians are the visible majority of the population (and white people are the visible minority), NOT knowing how to speak Chinese means you're handicapped - you're practically retarded. Actually, most Asian people can tell that I'm mixed, but Caucasian people can never tell. Never.

Sometimes I wonder why people take racism so seriously. They shouldn't even take skin colour into consideration. They should be able to fully acknowledge another person's race. People should be able to say, "That man is black, and I am white," without themselves and others cringing secretly in their minds. I know everyone does it. I think people should accept racist jokes. They are just jokes after all - no worse than the "yo mama" jokes. If they are taken more seriously than those, then that is when people will start to use them in negative ways. I think racism should be fun. Racism should be made into a good, positive word, so that it will just take the nature of it's form and disappear.

Whenever people talk to me, it seems like they are expecting us to have a lifelong friendship or something. Sometimes, that stresses me out, but it makes me feel loved.

I don't really like plopping myself into a religion. Religion is interesting. It brings people together, and it separates people. I prefer to minimize the ways in which I will be separated from others. I prefer to find similarities between myself and others, and cherish what few differences we have, because, really, there are few. I believe that once we all accept each other as who we are, and the world including nature is peaceful once again, we will all return to God as one being. Either that, or the state which we will be in will be God-like. We will be able to create anything together. It will be like some sort of primoridial soup, of love and creation. It will be like some sort of divine happiness. I don't know what the God I'm talking about is, although I think it is whatever is obviously binding the world together..whatever force makes food chains and weather and physics and emotions possible.

I have almost endless self-confidence in myself and others. But people can sense this, and so they know I will not be affected if they poke fun at me (and I know they don't mean it, because they're all my friends anyways), but actually, I am very sensitive to criticism, and sometimes I wish I could have more reason to cry and run away. But I don't. Every morning and every night I silently think, "Thank you for everything. I am happy and satisfied with my life so far. I have no complaints." My life is wonderful, and the world is beautiful and full of creatures and possibilities- all diverse, and that is all I need to keep my head up high.

Thank you for reading my thoughts. I am 13 years old, and I am afraid that you will be prejudiced towards me. I hope that you will find me as interesting as you probably are.
    sparkly sparkly rainbow excretions

Quote Originally Posted by ThatGirl View Post
    holy shit am I a feeler?
    if you like my avatar, it's because i took it myself! : D

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4

Quote Originally Posted by niffer View Post
    I am half Chinese. Luckily, my grandmother taught me Chinese (Cantonese) when I was little, and so I can speak the language.
    I was just in China for vacation recently. We went south to Xi'an and had a Cantonese tour guide who was incredibly sexy. It was strange how the things that she thought made her ugly (big eyes, high cheek bones) were the things we (my brothers and I) thought made her hot.

Whenever people talk to me, it seems like they are expecting us to have a lifelong friendship or something. Sometimes, that stresses me out, but it makes me feel loved.
    Neat!

I don't really like plopping myself into a religion. Religion is interesting. It brings people together, and it separates people. I prefer to minimize the ways in which I will be separated from others. I prefer to find similarities between myself and others, and cherish what few differences we have, because, really, there are few. I believe that once we all accept each other as who we are, and the world including nature is peaceful once again, we will all return to God as one being. Either that, or the state which we will be in will be God-like. We will be able to create anything together. It will be like some sort of primoridial soup, of love and creation. It will be like some sort of divine happiness. I don't know what the God I'm talking about is, although I think it is whatever is obviously binding the world together..whatever force makes food chains and weather and physics and emotions possible.
    Cool thoughts. I'm not into organized religion myself, but very curious about Buddhist thought based on some experiences I've had in the past. I was raised as a conservative Jew, and went to orthodox Jewish day school until I was 18. It sucked royally because I was always pretty contrary and independent.

Thank you for reading my thoughts. I am 13 years old, and I am afraid that you will be prejudiced towards me. I hope that you will find me as interesting as you probably are.
    Of course. You seem very very gifted for the 13 year old. Nice to meet you!

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    9w1
    Socionics
    INFj None

Not to burst your bubble, but I think those books have already been written and published. Good luck anyway, sucka.
    So much for intuition.
    “There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old’s life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other, of course, involves orcs.”
    ~ John Rogers

MBTI
    intp

Hey, welcome to my reverse introductory thread. Instead of me introducing myself and telling you about who wonderful and fantastic I am, to which everyone replied "good to have you!" or "sounds like you'll fit in here just fine!" lets try switching roles.
    Cool idea!
    So with that said, welcome. It's good to have you here. I'm interesting in Quantum Mechanics too!
    *Nods*... Quitte weird too, considering that I'm a true sceptic.

Have you ever read Kip Thorne's Black Holes & Time Warps?
    Nope. But isn't Kyp the guy with the ongoing bet with Hawking, involving clothes and playboys?
    Troubleshooting
    But I've already posted my own Introductory Thread!

Too bad. You didn't post in the REVERSE Introductory Thread, which is way different, and awesomer.
    Yes. This rulez.
    But I don't have anything new to say!

Then bore us with something else about you! Surely there's more to you than your career, why you joined MBTIc, and your hobbies. You could, for instance, post about all the bad things about you! Why do people get annoyed with you? What have you always dreamed of doing, but never had the guts to do? Is that a rash on your arm, or are you just glad to see me?
    OK. My actual name is 'Ying-Kit', and I recently bought a full version of Baldur's Gate 1 and 2 (including both expansions), after finishing Okami on the ps2... And I've been treating me and my mom to a barbeque for the past few days (three in a row), wich is totally awesome! I still have some left-over chicken downstairs, but am completely stuffed at the moment...

What more to tell? Well, next to being an intellectual jack-of-all-trades, I also like to draw (pencil drawings), paint miniatures (warhammer), play board- and cardgames (though I never can find opponents), tell stories, sing and occasionally rap... I also like to dance (when I'm on my own... It's less embarrassing that way ), and can sometimes be found on Kaillera for good 2d beat 'em up opponents (mostly SNK games). I've also been quitte active on various forums (the now dead geoshock, yahooka, philosophy forums, intpc... I don't visit yahooka that often anymore since I've given up on smoking pot and eating mushrooms a while ago... And since I also abstain from alcohol, that makes me rather 'straight edged', except for smoking a lot of cigarettes) stuff like that. Evidentally, I'm quitte busy most of the time.
    "I determined nothing."
    -Sceptical expression

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4

Quote Originally Posted by Beyonder View Post
    OK. My actual name is 'Ying-Kit', and I recently bought a full version of Baldur's Gate 1 and 2 (including both expansions), after finishing Okami on the ps2... And I've been treating me and my mom to a barbeque for the past few days (three in a row), wich is totally awesome! I still have some left-over chicken downstairs, but am completely stuffed at the moment...
    Nice. I just went vegetarian for Buddhist reasons (whatever that means) but treating other people to stuff is nice.

What more to tell? Well, next to being an intellectual jack-of-all-trades, I also like to draw (pencil drawings), paint miniatures (warhammer), play board- and cardgames (though I never can find opponents), tell stories, sing and occasionally rap... I also like to dance (when I'm on my own... It's less embarrassing that way ),
    Neat. I'm an intellectual jack-ass of sorts. I dabble in fringe sciences and the obscure: parapsychology, quantum mechanics (yes, Kip and Hawking have a bet, but it's for Penthouse, not Playboy, heh), and in my past, I used to be fascinated with UFOs and Zecharia Sitchen. Board games are good mental chewing gum for INTPs.

I don't visit yahooka that often anymore since I've given up on smoking pot and eating mushrooms a while ago... And since I also abstain from alcohol, that makes me rather 'straight edged'
    Same here for the most part. I'm doing my best to recreate those experiences when sober. It's a trip. (pun intended) Welcome to the fora!

MBTI
    ENfP
    Enneagram
    8w9 sx/sp

Cool idea!

*Nods*... Quitte weird too, considering that I'm a true sceptic.

Nope. But isn't Kyp the guy with the ongoing bet with Hawking, involving clothes and playboys?

Yes. This rulez.

What more to tell? Well, next to being an intellectual jack-of-all-trades, I also like to draw (pencil drawings), paint miniatures (warhammer), play board- and cardgames (though I never can find opponents), tell stories, sing and occasionally rap... I also like to dance (when I'm on my own... It's less embarrassing that way ), and can sometimes be found on Kaillera for good 2d beat 'em up opponents (mostly SNK games). I've also been quitte active on various forums (the now dead geoshock, yahooka, philosophy forums, intpc... I don't visit yahooka that often anymore since I've given up on smoking pot and eating mushrooms a while ago... And since I also abstain from alcohol, that makes me rather 'straight edged', except for smoking a lot of cigarettes) stuff like that. Evidentally, I'm quitte busy most of the time.
    My friend's name (Chinese name) is also Ying-Kit. dundundun. and thank you for your help beyonder i'll sleep earlier tonight
    sparkly sparkly rainbow excretions

Quote Originally Posted by ThatGirl View Post
    holy shit am I a feeler?
    if you like my avatar, it's because i took it myself! : D

MBTI
    intp

Nice. I just went vegetarian for Buddhist reasons (whatever that means) but treating other people to stuff is nice.
    Cool. If I might inquire, are you following any of the mahayana, vayrayana or plain vanilla budhism traditions? And, have you seen Kundun by Scorsese? It's one of my favorite movies.

Same here for the most part. I'm doing my best to recreate those experiences when sober. It's a trip. (pun intended) Welcome to the fora!
    Great to be here!

Quote Originally Posted by niffer
    My friend's name (Chinese name) is also Ying-Kit. dundundun. and thank you for your help beyonder i'll sleep earlier tonight
    No problem! Sweet dreams!
    "I determined nothing."
    -Sceptical expression

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4

Cool. If I might inquire, are you following any of the mahayana, vayrayana or plain vanilla budhism traditions? And, have you seen Kundun by Scorsese? It's one of my favorite movies.
    It's derived from Mahayana, my own experiences, and reflexions on those experiences. In terms of Mahayana, it's based off of Alan Watts, DT Suzuki, Thich Naht Hanh (could the guy have any more h's in his name?) and Seung Sahn (Korean Zen Master). You?

Haven't seen the movie yet, but I will.

MBTI
    intp

I actually stopped being a buddhist a while ago. I'm still halfway interrested in it though, as I am in most religions (except satanism. They can go to hell for all I care )... Some thoughts contained in the 'Tibettan Book of the Dead' still influence my thoughts to a certain extent, but a lot of things contained in buddhism aren't all that in line with my current thoughts anymore. Nowadays, I'm more inclined towards taoism and shaivism, though I still have a lot of respect for buddhism and the lifestyle it advocates. I'm just not as compassionate as buddhism would like me have; as a taoist, I'm more inclined to let the world and other people just go along their chosen paths, maybe helping them in walking their path, but not actually trying to enlighten people from my perspective... And as a follower of Lord Shiva, I have no problems with people following their own path (chosen deity, the deity wich most resonates with an individual). Not that I'm apathic to others though, it's more a kind of equanimity, wich guides my actions. Besides, I'm quitte happy to 'play in my own mudpool and do as I please' (Chuang tzu).
    "I determined nothing."
    -Sceptical expression