User Tag List

Thread: What up!

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6

Default What up!

Hi! I think I'm an ENFP! I'm here because every time I click somebody's profile to check 'em out, it tells me I have to log in. What's up with that? So anyhow, I'm in ur forums, checkin ur profiles.

Edit: I guess I should say some stuff about me. Haha, I forgot--imagine that! I am male, married, 1 kid (my extremely awesome daughter who just finished 1st grade), 1 dog, 3 fish. I work in IT and I hate it but I'm pretty good at it and it pays the bills. The real reason I'm here is to find out what kind of work I should be trying to move into, and how I can get along with people who aren't as crazy as I am without driving them crazy, too.
    Last edited by My Sweet Stalin; 06-10-2011 at 10:04 PM. Reason: Forgot to tell anyone anything about me.

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    8w7 sx/so
    Socionics
    EIE

One thing that will even out the difference between you and "normal" people, is if you take it upon yourself to get more physical.
    Don't get me wrong, I did not just say you should rough them up.
    Are you familiar with the cognitive functions? Extroverted Sensing, especially, is a thing you can practice easily by doing physical stuff like going to the gym, living an active life and so on.
    Try building some stuff. Maybe learn how to use a screw driver or fix cars.
    If you're into that crap yourself, you won't mind talking about fishing, cars, sports, motorcycles or whatever the heck. Manly stuff, you know?
    Also, being a P-type, stop being late immediately. Show up at least ten minutes before scheduled appointments (unless it would be rude or such).
    Work on giving definite answers instead of that endless stream of maybes, others do not like it as it wastes their time.
    Also, stop being lazy. Do the damn dishes NOW, not tomorrow.

If you do those things, that are actually fairly easy to do while still remaining yourself in all other matters, you'll find that people will tolerate you much, much better "IRL".
    So, that little extra effort gives you the freedom to be who you really are, while still being accepted. Those negative things are stuff that everyone should work on, but ENFPs are notorious.
    The next thing that will happen, when you're accepted and valued, is that you'll feel really damn good about yourself.
    Humans, especially Extroverts, are flock animals and (if not disturbed) crave acceptance and needs to feel like they belong.
    The reason you'll be feeling good when you're accepted is that you will belong, even if you are an odd bird in an SP/SJ world

Mightier than the tread of marching armies is the power of an idea whose time has come

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6

Um. Okay, dad. I thought you were dead. Anyhow, I'm never late. I give definite answers when people ask questions that permit definite answers by keeping their scope within the realm of certainty. If they can't do that, then they're the ones wasting my time.

Maybe you should work on being less of a jackass to someone who just introduced himself and you won't be secretly hated by everyone around you.

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    8w7 sx/so
    Socionics
    EIE

That seemed to hit a nerve

Actually, I just jumped into serious mode and answered a question pretty generally. Those are a lot of the weaknesses that are typical to ExxP types, hell even I have them.
    None of us have all of them, though, you know?
    I meant really well, to be honest. Rambled on a lot about it since that was something I really have been battling before and that i've only partially come to terms with.

Also, I forgot to say stuff like "hi" and "welcome" :O
    So. Hi! Welcome!

Mightier than the tread of marching armies is the power of an idea whose time has come

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6

lol! I hated you but now I like you. "Typism" kinda hacks me off because I think there's a lot of room for variation within each type but people get sucked into the stereotypes. I'll admit I'm kinda lazy about the dishes but I know it's a problem and I do make an effort. Pretty much everything else you got wrong, though. But that's okay. Harmony, man, harmony.

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    8w7 sx/so
    Socionics
    EIE

Goodie You got instant points for having young Stalin as your avatar and that ridiculously funny name.

But what problems, then, do you have getting along with normal people?
    Seems to me like "they" tolerate most odd specimens as long as you've got some common ground and none of the parties involved cause problems for each other, especially you for them.
    Just realized something pretty ironic and completely off topic... Not drunk, just really tired (it's late over here in Sweden).
    Have you noticed how people, if they do something wrong, annoying or troublesome to you, that they start to resent you because they are feeling guilty?

Where are you from by the way?
    Truly one of man's more admirable traits.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6

I'm in the Principality of Midwestia (aka Ohio), a particularly dull and dreary region of the United States.

I'm just trying to understand this crazy personality game. I was in an office where I got along great with everyone and had a wonderful time at work (and was very valued, and productive, and felt great about myself), but then they moved my group to another office full of computer nerds (which I'm technically supposed to be, I guess) and I'm miserable. My first theory was that everyone there was evil or maybe just really stupid, but now I think it's just a very different set of personality types. I'm moving back to my other office soon so things are looking up, but I want to understand this better so I can avoid problems in the future. So I'm here basically to explore personality types and understand other people better.

Otherwise, I'm actually pretty happy with myself. My wife is an ISTJ so I'm already very much aware of the ways in which ENFPs can be frustrating to deal with for anyone else.