User Tag List

MBTI
    INFP

Default Former lurker decides to revisit!

Hello everyone! A few years ago I was a lurker on this board, when it was called mbticentral.com. At least I THINK this is the same site..!

Anyway I have decided to join the ranks and start posting a bit here. I am an INFP married to another INFP, and we have a 14 month old boy. I am a stay at home mom currently but am looking for ways to satisfy my passions for creativity and helping others.

Recently I decided to leave a high control religious group (along with my husband) and have subsequently lost a number of people i considered friends. Now we are building our life and the things that used to matter to me are gone. I am reinventing myself and trying to tackle some of my core INFP problems.

Thanks for reading and i look forward to getting to know all of you!

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Starside View Post
    Hello everyone! A few years ago I was a lurker on this board, when it was called mbticentral.com. At least I THINK this is the same site..!

Anyway I have decided to join the ranks and start posting a bit here. I am an INFP married to another INFP, and we have a 14 month old boy. I am a stay at home mom currently but am looking for ways to satisfy my passions for creativity and helping others.

Recently I decided to leave a high control religious group (along with my husband) and have subsequently lost a number of people i considered friends. Now we are building our life and the things that used to matter to me are gone. I am reinventing myself and trying to tackle some of my core INFP problems.

Thanks for reading and i look forward to getting to know all of you!
    Hey, welcome! I used to be a Jehovah's Witness.. it was a long time ago, but I might have an inkling as to what you might be going through. I'm not the only one here, either. If you ever want to talk PM me, or just start a thread and call me in.

MBTI
    INFP

Thanks for the reply! Yeah that would be the religion in question! I was brought up my whole life to not worry about secular careers and education. Unfortunately this meshed perfectly with my INFP nature! And now I feel like I have been cut loose and trying to find something to work towards. My family is extremely important to me and I love being a mom but I am the type of person who needs to have her own identity.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Starside View Post
    Thanks for the reply! Yeah that would be the religion in question! I was brought up my whole life to not worry about secular careers and education. Unfortunately this meshed perfectly with my INFP nature! And now I feel like I have been cut loose and trying to find something to work towards. My family is extremely important to me and I love being a mom but I am the type of person who needs to have her own identity.
    I may or may not be an INFP. But I left the family home and got married at a very young age to get away from a lot of stuff, including the JWs. Not everyone has had the same experiences with them as I have. I get the impression that my specific congregation was a bit more controlling than others. Now, I'm in my 30's, single again and trying to find some identity. It's tough, you need space to do it, physical and mental.