Socionics
    ILI

Welcome to the forum.
    Have you read an INTP-description? May seem familiar
    Vanitas vanitatum omnia vanitas

MBTI
    ENTP

Hi and welcome

I was drawn here by the use of the word 'Hellas' in the title, which is very nearly 'Helias', which is the name that a psychic once told me I went by in a former life. Groovy eh?
    Ils se d�merdent, les mecs: trop bon, trop con..................................MY BLOG!

"When it all comes down to dust
    I will kill you if I must
    I will help you if I can" - Leonard Cohen

MBTI
    ENTP

Hi!

Another way to clarify type is to take the cognitive processes (or function) test here http://www.cognitiveprocesses.com/as...nt/survey.html But almost no one matches the stereotype for their type. ^.^

And your English is quite good. Remember, English and Spanish are both Latin based, so many words can be adapted from one to the other ^.^
    "'You scoundrel, you have wronged me,' hissed the philosopher. 'May you live forever!'" - Ambrose Bierce

Permabanned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx
    Socionics
    ILE

Quote Originally Posted by celesul View Post
    And your English is quite good. Remember, English and Spanish are both Latin based, so many words can be adapted from one to the other ^.^
    Uh-uh. English is Germanic based. It just has many French and Latin loanwords.

MBTI
    xNTP

Quote Originally Posted by Uberfuhrer View Post
    Uh-uh. English is Germanic based. It just has many French and Latin loanwords.
    Absolutely. I once learned that the problem with the English language is it has a Germanic structure, where the position of words does matter, combined with Latin words, where position is of less importance.

MBTI
    INTj

It seems like finally confirmed. I didn't take the functional test before. But It looks quite bold, and... it results in me being an INTJ again... dammit, I'd never be free from this tag!

Your Cognitive Development Profile
    The forty-eight questions you rated earlier tap into the eight cognitive processes. Some questions tapped into basic or developed use of a process used by itself, while other questions tapped into use of multiple processes at once. The profile below is based on your responses. The number of squares indicate strength of response. The equivalent numeric is shown in parentheses along with likely level of development.

Cognitive Process Level of Development (Preference, Skill and Frequency of Use)
    extraverted Sensing (Se) **************************** (28.1)
    average use
    introverted Sensing (Si) ********************** (22.9)
    limited use
    extraverted Intuiting (Ne) ********************** (22.4)
    limited use
    introverted Intuiting (Ni) ******************************** (32.9)
    good use
    extraverted Thinking (Te) ********************************************** (46.2)
    excellent use
    introverted Thinking (Ti) ************************************************ (48.2)
    excellent use
    extraverted Feeling (Fe) **************** (16.6)
    limited use
    introverted Feeling (Fi) ********************** (22.3)
    limited use

Summary Analysis of Profile
    By focusing on the strongest configuration of cognitive processes, your pattern of responses most closely matches individuals of this type: INTJ

Lead (Dominant) Process
    Introverted Intuiting (Ni): Transforming with a meta-perspective. Withdrawing from the world and focusing your mind to receive an insight or realization. Checking if synergy results. Trying out a realization to transform things.

Support (Auxilliary) Process
    Extraverted Thinking (Te): Measuring and constructing for progress. Making decisions objectively based on evidence and measures. Checking if things function properly. Applying a procedure to control events and complete goals.

If these cognitive processes don't fit well then consider these types: ENTJ, or ISTP

If these results are different from what you know of yourself, you might consider why your developmental pattern does not align with your expectation. You might also consider exploring this result as a possible better fit.

The Four Temperaments
    Corresponding best-fit temperaments based on your profile: Theorist; secondly Improviser; then Stabilizer; and lastly, Catalyst.

A theorist! Is this guy watching me while I sleep or something...? How could he... ? I learned to shut myself up about this, since people does not want insights nor theories, they want solutions, so... I take a little more time and... voilà! I satisfied your need to know how to "insert random course of action here" efficiently. But I prefer the perceptual side of it, it's what comes up more naturally.

My rant resulted in a quite nice description of Ni-Te relations in INTjs. Don't you think?

BTW, even though that is right, ( English is Germanic, not latin based ) you, celesul, have "won my pardon":P by far, posing the link to this test.

Just joking, ^^

Thanks a lot.

MBTI
    ENTP

English is both. The shortest words are Germanic, longer ones are Latin or Greek based usually, and call be told apart by spelling. But about 60% is Latin based, thus making it more Latin than anything.

Yes, you can't get a Spanish word from an English one as easily as an English from a Spanish, since there is the risk of Germanic words. Thus, a Spanish speaker making up words, with a knowledge of some English, is likely to figure out an English word from the Spanish, it just is not necessarily a very common word. So you can actually get less common, harder words from it. There are Latin based English words for most things, the Germanic forms are usually more common though ^.^

You'd be amazed at how many words you can understand or make up with a small knowledge of Latin and Greek roots (it's really useful, I don't know Latin, but I do know roots, and don't have to study for vocabulary tests).

I didn't know that about the structure, although I had known it is not like Spanish or French (although oddly, the adj noun placement is the same as Chinese).

Sorry for not explaining that earlier.

Anyway, you're welcome for the function test. It's one of my more favorite.
    "'You scoundrel, you have wronged me,' hissed the philosopher. 'May you live forever!'" - Ambrose Bierce