User Tag List

First 21011121314 Last

Thread: Howdy!

Quote Originally Posted by AngryWhoremoans View Post
    Wait what? how does that make any logical sense? he didn't say ANYTHING that inspired any sort of reaction from anyone. People troling his thread doesn't make him a troll. LOL. wtf.

Anyhow, I don't know why he's banned, unless he's confirmed with the Mod's that it is actually Limit... Because a username change could've easily been possible otherwise.

re-read what I wrote. Marmie's case is that another use created this 'account', for the purpose of a joke, he has also posted in other threads on this forum but that is besides the point. Idk if he's a troll, frankly I don't care whether he is or he isn't, if he inspired an 11 page thread, in which he barely posted in, and frankly which you and marmie have argued through, THAT is trolling behavior. I thought this simple to get?, where was I wrong. If you have absolutely no clue what you are, and if you read his posts here, he clearly doesn't know anything about mbti, and initially forum members try to educate him on such matters (I myself included), and he suddenly 'stops', when the logical thing would be to continue, if you do want to know what type you are, as he is clearly unsure of that, then yes, he is a troll.

I don't know if he's a troll, he's just another forum member who created a thread to me, but his behavior indicates that typical of a troll, if you are going to magically 'drop out' of a thread in which you created, that is troll behavior is it not?.

MBTI
    intp
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx

Quote Originally Posted by Ivy View Post
    I don't think we ever thought we'd have to make a rule about not making a username that was identical to the name of the site. It doesn't seem real far-fetched or authoritarian to ban such a username. I don't want n00bs thinking this guy speaks for the forum.

Honestly the only reason we haven't done it yet is because most of us are Ps and busy.
    Couldn't you inform him of that, and change his name instead, rather than outright banning him?

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram

No.
    The one who buggers a fire burns his penis
    -anonymous graffiti in the basilica at Pompeii

MBTI
    intp
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx

Why?

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram

Because.

MBTI
    intp
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx

Oh.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram

The long answer is if I thought it was an honest mistake I probably would have done that. I never did, and it wasn't.

figsfiggyfigs

Quote Originally Posted by The_World_As_Will View Post
    re-read what I wrote. Marmie's case is that another use created this 'account', for the purpose of a joke, he has also posted in other threads on this forum but that is besides the point.
    If he's done what Marm said he's done, then yes, he's a troll, outside of that scenario. No. He's not.

Idk if he's a troll, frankly I don't care whether he is or he isn't, if he inspired an 11 page thread, in which he barely posted in, and frankly which you and marmie have argued through, THAT is trolling behavior. I thought this simple to get?, where was I wrong.
    I can see how you can possibly view marm's and I's posts as trolling, but not the op's . In that regard, what you say is fair.
    • Wiki----a troll is someone who posts inflammatory, extraneous, or off-topic messages in an online community, such as an online discussion forum, chat room, or blog, with the primary intent of provoking readers into an emotional response[2] or of otherwise disrupting normal on-topic discussion.

He's done NOTHING evidential that would confirm him as a troll. Just because marm and I had our differences over it, and she seems to think he's a troll, does not make him on--unless what she said WAS 100% true, and there was nothing shady going on that we are unaware of.
    He's banned now, so he must be one; I don't really care--unless he was banned with no proof, in which case, it would be extremely unfair for the user to be banned because someone accused him of it. I just don't understand why people jump the gun based off of someone's word. The mods must've confirmed it, otherwise, I can't see any evidence other then Marm alleging he is.

If you have absolutely no clue what you are, and if you read his posts here, he clearly doesn't know anything about mbti, and initially forum members try to educate him on such matters (I myself included), and he suddenly 'stops', when the logical thing would be to continue, if you do want to know what type you are, as he is clearly unsure of that, then yes, he is a troll.
    Unlike some of us(myself included), people actually have very busy lives, so "suddenly" stopping is not any indication of trollish behavior.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram

He's banned now, so he must be one; I don't really care--unless he was banned with no proof, in which case, it would be extremely unfair for the user to be banned because someone accused him of it. I just don't understand why people jump the gun based off of someone's word. The mods must've confirmed it, otherwise, I can't see any evidence other then Marm alleging he is.
    This is a common issue- people often become affronted after a ban because they can't see all of the relevant info. But I appreciate your caveats that you seem to trust that we did our homework here.

Unlike some of us(myself included), people actually have very busy lives, so "suddenly" stopping is not any indication of trollish behavior.
    Tell that to the people who think I'm punishing them for not creating their Vent account the moment they request it!

figsfiggyfigs

Quote Originally Posted by Ivy View Post
    This is a common issue- people often become affronted after a ban because they can't see all of the relevant info. But I appreciate your caveats that you seem to trust that we did our homework here.
    You can't always see everything, you're right. But a few people are confused over why he's being called a troll/and has been banned--unless he's actually earned the name, he's just an intruder that somehow managed to pissed off Marm, and get himself identified and banned over it.

Tell that to the people who think I'm punishing them for not creating their Vent account the moment they request it!
    hahahaha! I remember getting all worked up that mine took a day, instead of it being instant! It's okay Ivy, tell them you were busy saving the world.