User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: yet another confused INT J/P borderline case here, i think ...

5w4 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Nicodemus View Post
    I vote for INTJ even though your avatar is unsightly.
    The good life is one inspired by love and guided by knowledge. Neither love without knowledge, nor knowledge without love can produce a good life. - Bertrand Russell
    A herring's blog
    Johari / Nohari

5w4 sx/sp
    LII Ni

Quote Originally Posted by axa View Post
    Thank you, as corny as it sounds it helps to know that "i am not alone" in the nature of how i think and react to the world.

The trick is going to be learning how to enhance the positive aspects while understanding how to manage the more negative aspects. At least now i have some sense of direction in which to start, which is better than the formless void i have found myself in before.

And yes, INTJ would seem to represent my dominant traits, while mal12345 has a good point that we are complex beings where other traits can exist in varying degrees. Darn those "grey areas", they spoil a nice clean classification system :p
    It's a nice classification system, which makes it all the more tempting to believe. But it is based out of circular logic and not empirical knowledge. In other words, it is not based on finding all those various types in reality and then grouping them systematically, it is based on playing around with and making assumptions about Jungian typology. The MBTI is an example of rationalism at its best, and worst.
    "I absorb energy like a sponge everywhere I go. It allows me to see the world and my purpose in it." Zak Bagans, Ghost Adventures (INFJ)

Oh i agree i need to find a better AV, just had that old Max Headroom one to hand ... lets try HAL9000 as a slight improvement for now ...