User Tag List

MBTI
    IXXX

Exclamation New INT Something or other

Hello everyone. I am new to this board but am somewhat familiar with the MBTI. I’m just going to give you a short run down as to why joined this forum. In understanding of myself and self analyzation has become something of an obsession towards me.

Problem is I don’t know myself that well.
    ‘How is that possible?’
    Well, problem is that I tend to second guess myself a lot. Any time I have to make some sort of personalized choice it’s a problem. Someone asks me what my favorite food is, I have to stop and think it over for hours. When I play an RPG I tend to start and restart, trying to figure out what class fits me best. Its annoying. Knowing yourself is important for success and to being effective. (at least in my view it is)

The last five months or so, I’ve been casually looking at the MBTI types, and taking what tests I can to help me. Don’t’ get me wrong, I don’t think I’ll be cured completely, but I think it will help.

Almost every test I’ve taken regarding the MBTI has indicated me as INTJ. In fact it happens around 98% of the time. Though there have been times when it has pegged me as INTP. In fact the Mypersonality.com test has said that the strength of J and P was a close call.
    While I find it somewhat flattering, I am apparently a non-typical INTJ. (I do not like math, I believe in the Lord)

SO, the point of my rambling is this, people here seem to have a better grasp and understanding of the personality tests, and what it means than I do. Its time to stop just reading the little text blurbs on the test sites and start reading and listening to others.

If your still reading this, thank you for sticking with me.

MBTI
    ESFJ

Awwww.

Welcome. I hope you find all you are looking for here.
    “I made you take time to look at what I saw and when you took time to really notice my flower, you hung all your associations with flowers on my flower and you write about my flower as if I think and see what you think and see—and I don't.”
    ― Georgia O'Keeffe

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 so/sx
    Socionics
    EII Ne

hi new INT!

i like your username.

i understand what you mean about a hard time with personalized choice. that's difficult for me as well.

hope you enjoy the site

Banned

Welcome.

You have the INTJ style, but time will tell if you can believe that is the best fit type for your cognition.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    1w2

Welcome Fellow INT-something.

MBTI
    IxTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ti

Quote Originally Posted by Frostshade View Post
    Hello everyone. I am new to this board but am somewhat familiar with the MBTI. I’m just going to give you a short run down as to why joined this forum. In understanding of myself and self analyzation has become something of an obsession towards me.

Problem is I don’t know myself that well.
    ‘How is that possible?’
    Well, problem is that I tend to second guess myself a lot. Any time I have to make some sort of personalized choice it’s a problem. Someone asks me what my favorite food is, I have to stop and think it over for hours. When I play an RPG I tend to start and restart, trying to figure out what class fits me best. Its annoying. Knowing yourself is important for success and to being effective. (at least in my view it is)

The last five months or so, I’ve been casually looking at the MBTI types, and taking what tests I can to help me. Don’t’ get me wrong, I don’t think I’ll be cured completely, but I think it will help.

Almost every test I’ve taken regarding the MBTI has indicated me as INTJ. In fact it happens around 98% of the time. Though there have been times when it has pegged me as INTP. In fact the Mypersonality.com test has said that the strength of J and P was a close call.
    While I find it somewhat flattering, I am apparently a non-typical INTJ. (I do not like math, I believe in the Lord)

SO, the point of my rambling is this, people here seem to have a better grasp and understanding of the personality tests, and what it means than I do. Its time to stop just reading the little text blurbs on the test sites and start reading and listening to others.

If your still reading this, thank you for sticking with me.
    Your indecisiveness sounds more like a problem with anxiety than personality type issues. If you can't decide which type to choose from on a platform that assumes one type for everybody, then this will only increase anxiety by leading you to think "here's one more thing I can't decide on." I can tell you however that this MBTI is not scientific, it has more popular receptivity than scientific. I would not put my faith in it if I were you, what you lack is faith in yourself. Moreover, if you don't apply an external method to this type of system, you will never completely decide that you are one type over another (as INTJ versus INTP), and you will always have this uncertainty about type hanging over your head.

Fortunately, our personalities do not conform to the sketches laid out in type descriptions. They are much more dynamic. But if you want to know, indecisiveness per se, although laden with anxiety and not personality, is a P issue not a J issue, as internal conflict and anxiety leads you to seek out more evidence by which to draw a conclusion which you fear may never come. There may be fear of responsibility in making a decision. Your cognitive process is polarized, and you become paralyzed with the responsibility of having to come to a conclusion, caught between two inner motives, that which seeks closure and that which does not.

In other words, you are a mixed or split type, INTX.

If personality typing, which partially involves cognition, is the answer, then choose one or the other, either INTP or INTJ. If INTP, then teach yourself that the fate of universes does NOT hang on your making a decision. if INTJ, then diligently practice making decisions quickly, and sticking to them. But try out both methods for a while to see which works best for you, and over time you will probably drift naturally toward one or the other.
    "Everyone has a plan till they get punched in the mouth." Mike Tyson
    “Culture?” says Paul McCartney. “This isn't culture. It's just a good laugh.”

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx

INTP and INTJ may seem alike at first, but the functional attitudes are all reversed: Ti vs. Te, Ne vs. Ni, etc. This makes for some rather significant differences despite the three shared letters.

Welcome, Frostshade - great name and avatar. Hope you find something useful here.
    I've been called a criminal, a terrorist, and a threat to the known universe. But everything you were told is a lie. The truth is, they've taken our freedom, our home, and our future. The time has come for all humanity to take a stand...