User Tag List

Results 1 to 9 of 9

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    MBTI
    infj
    Enneagram
    5w6
    Posts
    10

    Default Hi, an introduction ramble

    Hello,

    I'm a poet, novelist [yep, a published one, just not famous]. I'm also an artist who does murals for businesses as well as private individuals. If that weren't enough to keep me busy, I'm a teacher, but strangely enough, I draw my energy from alone time, walks through the woods, along the river banks and what not. I almost never attend parties, never do clubs, could care less who's on Dancing with the Stars, or any other popular TV show for that matter. I perfer old movies and a personal DVD collection. I'm a minimalist and only possess the things I need for my career or in order to survive in the physical world.

    People often mistake me for an extravert, because I'm a "people" person in that I genuinely care about them and will listen to them and I'm not overly shy. I have never been shy. I just need time to think about what I really want to say before I say it. I often do public speaking and find it easier to stand before a thousand and present my theories than to be alone with one highly opinionated individual. I hate conflict. It gives me knots in my stomach and makes me feel like I'm going to vomit.

    I long for deep and meaningful conversations but find that they are rare. I listen to people talk about their kids and grandkids and little league games and how to make potato soup and I smile and lend them my ear, but alas, when I want to discuss my theories on parallel universes, I'm on my own and the only person who will listen is the computer. I think that's why I turned to writing. Keyboards and ink pens, they always listen. I pretend to be a lot less intelligent than I really am, because it's no fun being alone and I hate it when people look at me like I'm an alien.

    I know I'm rambling, but I also know that anyone who doesn't want to read the ramblings will just skip over them anyway. haha...at any rate, I'd like to end my introduction by saying that I'm almost ashamed to say that I tested INFJ, because SO MANY PEOPLE ARE THAT. I know that statistics say that only about 1%-2% of the population are INFJ's but as far as online forum goes, it feels more like 70% and then I began to wonder if the test is valid. So, I took it again, and again, and again. I took it in various forms. Once, the day before my dad died, I came out INFP and once a few days ago when I was thinking about the how time is a measurement of motion, I came out INTJ, but the other 95% of the time I came out INFJ. Although my I is only 75% and my J is only slightly a J; it's closer to the midway mark, so obviously there are days or moments when my Feeling goes into Thinking and my Judging slides into Perceiving, but still, for the most part...INFJ.

  2. #2
    Honor Thy Inferior Such Irony's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    MBTI
    INtp
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so
    Socionics
    LII Ne
    Posts
    5,091

    Default

    Welcome! You sound like you could be an INFJ. If you don't mind my asking, what's the title of your published novel?
    INtp
    5w6 or 9w1 sp/so/sx, I think
    Ravenclaw/Hufflepuff
    Neutral Good
    LII-Ne




  3. #3
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Posts
    16

    Default

    I guess one mans "deep meaningful conversation" is the others "pointless waste of time".

    But in the end, its all pointless - so enjoy your abstractions while you still have the time to do so. Sooner or later, you too will be eager to discuss baby teething!

  4. #4
    It's always something... PuddleRiver's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    5w6
    Posts
    2,924

    Default

    Hello You sound like an INFJ to me. Welcome glad to haveyou with us.
    "In the depth of winter, I finally learned that within me there lay one invincible summer."
    ~~~~
    A Christian's life may be the only Bible some people ever read.
    ~~~~
    "The first time someone shows you who they are, believe them" Maya Angelou.
    ~~~~
    I like your Christ. I do not like your Christians. Your Christians are so unlike your Christ" Gandhi
    ~~~~

  5. #5
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    MBTI
    infj
    Enneagram
    5w6
    Posts
    10

    Default

    SuchIrony,

    The name of my novel is I Listened, Momma. All my royalties go to fighting cancer. It's a disease that has touched too many lives and when a person is diagnosed with cancer, it isn't just that person that fights the battle, it's the whole family. Thank you so much for asking.

  6. #6
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    MBTI
    infj
    Enneagram
    5w6
    Posts
    10

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by nothing_left View Post
    I guess one mans "deep meaningful conversation" is the others "pointless waste of time".

    But in the end, its all pointless - so enjoy your abstractions while you still have the time to do so. Sooner or later, you too will be eager to discuss baby teething!
    Nothing_Left,

    True. It is all vanity in the long run, and I don't mean that I don't "care" about baby teething. I do. I care about the people in my life and I care about their families. I personally am a part of a gigantic extended family [ever see My Big Fat Greek Wedding?...well, I sort of live that. Everybody in my family knows everything and it's been decided that I'm weird, loveable, sweet, calm, easy going, but nontheless...weird] just mean that sometimes I want to discuss things that they see as meaningless and pointless, but they are things that matter to me. I have to make sense of things and because I think in abstract terms, I end up having to talk about what's on my mind every once in a while.

  7. #7
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    MBTI
    infj
    Enneagram
    5w6
    Posts
    10

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by PuddleRiver View Post
    Hello You sound like an INFJ to me. Welcome glad to haveyou with us.
    Thank you, Puddle River. I love your username. It's very unique.

  8. #8
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Posts
    16

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by d'lene View Post
    Nothing_Left,

    True. It is all vanity in the long run, and I don't mean that I don't "care" about baby teething. I do. I care about the people in my life and I care about their families. I personally am a part of a gigantic extended family [ever see My Big Fat Greek Wedding?...well, I sort of live that. Everybody in my family knows everything and it's been decided that I'm weird, loveable, sweet, calm, easy going, but nontheless...weird] just mean that sometimes I want to discuss things that they see as meaningless and pointless, but they are things that matter to me. I have to make sense of things and because I think in abstract terms, I end up having to talk about what's on my mind every once in a while.
    Well - you're not alone atleast. I've given up personally, but still wish you good luck

  9. #9
    Anew Leaf
    Guest

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by d'lene View Post
    SuchIrony,

    The name of my novel is I Listened, Momma. All my royalties go to fighting cancer. It's a disease that has touched too many lives and when a person is diagnosed with cancer, it isn't just that person that fights the battle, it's the whole family. Thank you so much for asking.
    So very very true!

    Welcome you adorable NF!

Similar Threads

  1. An introduction I will most likely regret.
    By md5fungi in forum Welcomes and Introductions
    Replies: 20
    Last Post: 01-11-2010, 01:33 PM
  2. An Introduction
    By Miserable in forum Welcomes and Introductions
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 12-24-2009, 10:38 AM
  3. An introduction to excess
    By wank in forum Welcomes and Introductions
    Replies: 25
    Last Post: 07-24-2009, 03:59 PM
  4. An Introduction..
    By polarmonk in forum Welcomes and Introductions
    Replies: 23
    Last Post: 12-28-2008, 10:41 AM
  5. [ISTJ] Hi! An ISTJ looking for advice
    By Shadow496 in forum The SJ Guardhouse (ESFJ, ISFJ, ESTJ, ISTJ)
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 01-17-2008, 12:40 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO