Arcesso pulli gingerios! Eldanen's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4
    Socionics
    ENTp

Quote Originally Posted by Zorpheus View Post
    Recently read the Ender/Shadow series, and I thoroughly enjoyed all of them.

Other favorites- Dune, Johnny Got His Gun, LOTR, The Stand, and Amazonia.

Any other suggestions?
    Hey, I have one for you . I was at the bookstore today and came across a Science book that looked good -- The Holographic Universe. If you're interested in Science that is.

MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by Eldanen View Post
    Hey, I have one for you . I was at the bookstore today and came across a Science book that looked good -- The Holographic Universe. If you're interested in Science that is.
    How is it so far?
    Music Virtuoso/INTP/Apple User.

Arcesso pulli gingerios! Eldanen's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4
    Socionics
    ENTp

Well, I didn't actually buy the thing, but I read/scanned several parts of it while I was there. (Must have been my Ne, hehe.) I'm actually familiar with the theory from searches on-line. It works quite well in my opinion. It just seems to "fit." Check it out if you want. Maybe it's in a local library somewhere.

The basic premise is that all reality (the stuff you see, feel, hear, touch, smell) and even some of the "higher paranormal" realms are just holograms, and that who we actually are exists on the outside of those. So, you could say that according to this, perhaps, that we are actually all on the edge of the universe, and it's just that our perceptions are on the angle of the level of physical reality -- so that's what our senses see. As you tune into other areas of consciousness, you'll start to see things from different angles again.

A hologram is of course, very simply, the idea that you have a whole, picture "A", that is made up of smaller parts, which are identical to picture "A." So for example, you could have a hologram of an apple made up of smaller "bits" that look exactly like the whole, with somewhat less detail. The book also supports the idea of the brain being a hologram, and provides evidence stemming from research with large percentages of brain matter removed with no apparent effect on memory. Also, to cite a specific one, there was an experiment done with a cat, I believe. They removed 98% of its optic nerve and it could still perform complex visual tasks without much hidrance. The removal of the brain matter (in things such as rats, i.e. rats and mazes) made it more difficult for them to perform motor functions -- but their memories were pretty much intact. So this also brings up the idea that memory is not localized in the brain.