User Tag List

First 1234 Last

Thread: Hi

MBTI
    INXP

Quote Originally Posted by mooky View Post
    Well What u doing all the way over there? Yr supposed to be coming here easter ?!?! LOL

I dont know about americans, I have only meet one myself; couldn't stand her :S but I'm not gonna judge all americans by her, after all, I've meet loads of English peeps I dont like either...............to tell the truth, I'm related to a few, LOL
    I'm glad we all get equal treatment, English or not

Quote Originally Posted by Jen View Post
    Did I miss dinner?
    Im afraid youy did Hun, sorry. Was only Mc Donadls anyway, it was my youngest sons third birthday and he wanted to go; but we did get chocolate birthday cake after

Quote Originally Posted by Geoff View Post
    I'm glad we all get equal treatment, English or not
    LOL

I dont like to judge, i'd rather get to know someone for myself. Then decide wether i'd like them in my life.

Seams the fairest way to me.

MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by mooky View Post
    Yeah, I smack as a limit setting thing, it's reserved for really naughty things, like hurting one of your brothers or sister on purpose, or doing something dangerous like running into the road for example.
    Welcome. I have 3 kids, even though I didn't have them. Male. But I did use one of those nursing bras from "Meet the Fockers".

I agree with your smacking guidelines. I was amazed at the consensus here on this issue. I have always felt like I was in the minority in RL.

MBTI
    TIGR
    Enneagram
    3w4
    Socionics
    EII None

I agree with mooky's smacking thingy as well but I wasn't surprised with the consensus not to smack as punishment for severe wrongdoing or talking back. I give several warnings before ever smacking. I've pretty much never have to smack our 6 and 7 year old (In fact I can't remember the last time I did), but our 3 year old is very willful and needs to understand that it's not okay to behave rudely and demand things.

The friends of mine who do not reprimand their children are raising brats and I do not let our children play with those children.

Mooky sorry I missed dinner and I'm especially sorry I missed cake! I cake!

Bry because of SuperNanny we are likely becoming the minority. Our 3 year old doesn't respond to time out (she actually mouths off more when I've tried to put her in it), but when I reach for the green spatula she straightens right up and behaves like a perfect Angel.
    Time is a delicate mistress.

MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by Jen View Post
    Bry because of SuperNanny we are likely becoming the minority. Our 3 year old doesn't respond to time out (she actually mouths off more when I've tried to put her in it), but when I reach for the green spatula she straightens right up and behaves like a perfect Angel.
    Guilty pleasure. I enjoy watching SuperNanny. It provides validation in my parenting skills (which I always question) when I get to see how bad other parents can be.

MBTI
    TIGR
    Enneagram
    3w4
    Socionics
    EII None

Quote Originally Posted by BryNTP View Post
    Guilty pleasure. I enjoy watching SuperNanny. It provides validation in my parenting skills (which I always question) when I get to see how bad other parents can be.
    I enjoy watching it because it shows me what angels our kids are compared to other kids and as you mentioned how much better at we are at parenting. Nanny Jo doesn't smack though! :1377:
    Time is a delicate mistress.

I have watched a few Super Nannys shows, again it reminds me how good my children are. I spend a lot of my time playing an teaching them things, a lot of other parents seam to ignore their kids.
    Tbh I get stopped all the time in the street, people telling me how lovely my kids are and how well behaved they are, its nice to hear, especially from the older members of the comunity.

Like you Jenster, I have one that any thing I do, is like water off a ducks back. Hes had more smacks than all the rest, my daughter has had about 2, shes mortified to have upset you, so theirs no need to smack her. And my youngest son has had a few, but hes good and trys hard to behave.
    Every child is different and different things work.

MBTI
    GONE

I saw your username and had to pop in and say hi! And you are EXFP! Seems like a very apt nickname for a fun personality. The number of SF's on the forum is uh, still growing, so it's good to make your acquintance. And wow, 4 kids that close in age -- I can only imagine how busy they keep you (and each other)!

I look forward to hearing your feedback when you are free.
    “If you want to tell people the truth, make them laugh, otherwise they'll kill you.” ― Oscar Wilde

"I'm outtie 5000" ― Romulux

Johari/Nohari

Hello CzeCze.

I have been called mooky since I was about 2 years old; as I have gotten older the "y" has dropped so I’m pretty much "Mook" now. I thought it was unique until we got online a few years ago, and I did a search, there’s loads!

As for the kids…..yeah I seam to have been permanently pregnant for the last 10 years……….or so it feels J They are good kids though, genuinely wouldn’t be without them.