User Tag List

Thread: Introduction

Junior Member Array

Default Introduction

My name is my username, I'm 19 years old and I'm probably an INTP. I say probably 'cause I'm not certain, I don't know what tests everyone else did, but I used one on and used a mixture of self-analysis as well as having people I know read the description for INTP to see how well it fits.

Reportedly, quite well.

I've read through a few older topics, typically ones revolving around INTP's - strangely enough, I'm interested in this notion that there are people like me yet unlike me (stretching past the expected "we both have skin!" similarity that doesn't work as an ice-breaker). I was particularly interested in seeing how other people felt about INTP's in general, since this seems to be the type I fall into, and I was a little concerned with the negative but warmly affirmed by the positive. To me, at least some of the negative qualities listed by others were quite possibly imagined - but since these topics happened years ago, some ferociously witty fellow has already came and blown whomever said whatever away.

I like the personality type test and I've had a lot of friends and acquaintances do it. My closest friend is an INTJ. He and I share many opinions and thoughts on things, although a critical difference between us seems to be that he typically has more focused interests than I do. Another friend came out as an INFP and after reading a topic on how INTP's feel about that particular type, I am able to put into words how I feel about him... which is something best left for another time (not because it's negative, just that I'm gushing a little and becoming more and more self-conscious of it).

People typically think I'm quite smart. Other people, whom I consider very unfortunate for this line of thought, have told me I'm the smartest person they know - but given that I've become victim to increasingly poor grades (or victim to my own inability to sit down and revise for things I'm not interested in) I have little means to verify this in the manner that seems to be the most important to people my age... and any other age, really, now that I think about it. If people think poorly of me, it's because they've felt I was arrogant or overly critical, something which bothered me a great deal when I was younger. When they think well, they tend to think of me as loyal and witty... if sometimes a little neurotic.

It appears to me that I'm not quite finished, but I'm going to stop here because I have to stop gushing sooner or later. Better sooner than later.

Since this seems a little long for a hello, thanks to anyone who actually takes the time to read it.

It's always something... Array PuddleRiver's Avatar

Hi Dillan Welcome, glad to have you with us.
    "In the depth of winter, I finally learned that within me there lay one invincible summer."
    A Christian's life may be the only Bible some people ever read.
    "The first time someone shows you who they are, believe them" Maya Angelou.
    I like your Christ. I do not like your Christians. Your Christians are so unlike your Christ" Gandhi