User Tag List

12 Last

MBTI
    INTP

Default INTP...Now I know why I really like Cold Play

I honestly thought there was something wrong with me!!! At 1% of the population it's no wonder most people are confused by my "detached" nature. The INTP profile written by Paul James is a personality "instruction manual" on "me".

I'm currently an Information System Manager who has gotten bored with my job. Just like P. James mentions, once I discovered what I'm capable of, I'm content with "just knowing" what I can do whenever I decide to. Often my skills are never called upon once I've decided to move on to a new skill set, which inevitably occurs.

I have a BS in MIS...decided I might be interested in general business, so finished a MBA 18 months ago, thought I might want to specialize that knowledge with an MS in ECommerce...and now I've decided I no longer enjoy any of those options...but it's nice knowing I have those options...hence the ability to go down that path if I so desire. Armed with two masters degrees, I'm now going back to school for a bachelors in Psychology so I can apply for a Clinical Psychology Doctorate program next year.

Even as I type this I'm analyzing how crazy this sounds, but my (Ti) justifies this (Si) side of me by saying, "Hey, if you feel this strongly about Psychology, and you're willing to attack it as fervently as computer technology, you might be able to make a living at it." I truly enjoy the endless possibilities Psychology offers...perhaps less redundancy than other careers.

Regardless, it's a breath of fresh air to know that others know and understand me.

I'm looking forward to communicating with other types and fully comprehending the intricate levels of communication that collide to form this thing we call "chemistry".

Oh yes, lastly, the reason behind the title of this post. Author Paul James points out in his INTP review, that many/most INTPs gravitate toward melancholy or esoteric pieces. I have never fully been able to understand my pull towards groups like these, or independent artists like Tori Amos. My mixed Black/Caucasian heritage should've proven to polarize me to perhaps a heavier base laden music genre, but instead I became board with simple rhythms at an early age...choosing instead music with complex and diverse overtones in mood.

Interesting.

Okay, sorry to go on and on. It's nice to be here.

MBTI
    ENFJ

Hey there, welcome aboard! Coldplay is one of my favorite bands and I'm an ENFJ. Which is your favorite album? Have you heard anything about when the album they're currently working on is coming out? I heard that Chris Martin is going to be doing something with Timbaland, which should be very interesting.
    There is no such thing as separation from God.

The Unwieldy Clawed One Falcarius's Avatar
    MBTI
    COOL
    Enneagram
    5w4
    Socionics
    Dino None

Welcome, even if the title sucks.
    Quote Originally Posted by Thalassa View Post
    Oh our 3rd person reference to ourselves denotes nothing more than we realize we are epic characters on the forum.

Narcissism, plain and simple.

Reigning Bologna Princess Rajah's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram

Ack, I hate Coldplay. Please tell me liking Coldplay is not in the book of INTP requirements. Because I'm more than willing to change type.

Welcome.

I... suppose. Yeah!

Welcome, and enjoy your time here

MBTI
    INFP

yay welcome tekhed!!!!!! you sound interesting. start a blog

MBTI
    ENfP
    Enneagram
    8w9 sx/sp

Hello.
    I didn't read your post at all, because I have a low attention span. I'm sorry that I'm not sorry about that. I like Coldplay too, but they have no testicles.
    sparkly sparkly rainbow excretions

Quote Originally Posted by ThatGirl View Post
    holy shit am I a feeler?
    if you like my avatar, it's because i took it myself! : D

MBTI
    INTP

Welcome.

A lot of INTPs are shocked at the accuracy of the Paul James profile piece. When I read it, I wondered if someone had been watching me for the past few years taking notes on my habits and preferences.

You might also like to check out INTP Central - a site similar to this one but with an INTP focus.

MBTI
    INFJ

Howdy

Quote Originally Posted by Tekhed View Post
    I have a BS in MIS...decided I might be interested in general business, so finished a MBA 18 months ago, thought I might want to specialize that knowledge with an MS in ECommerce...and now I've decided I no longer enjoy any of those options...but it's nice knowing I have those options...hence the ability to go down that path if I so desire. Armed with two masters degrees, I'm now going back to school for a bachelors in Psychology so I can apply for a Clinical Psychology Doctorate program next year.

Even as I type this I'm analyzing how crazy this sounds, but my (Ti) justifies this (Si) side of me by saying, "Hey, if you feel this strongly about Psychology, and you're willing to attack it as fervently as computer technology, you might be able to make a living at it." I truly enjoy the endless possibilities Psychology offers...perhaps less redundancy than other careers.

Regardless, it's a breath of fresh air to know that others know and understand me.

I'm looking forward to communicating with other types and fully comprehending the intricate levels of communication that collide to form this thing we call "chemistry".

Interesting.
    A long intro....interesting...refreshing. Good luck with the psychology thing.

Okay, sorry to go on and on. It's nice to be here.
    My mixed Black/Caucasian heritage should've proven to polarize me to perhaps a heavier base laden music genre, but instead I became board with simple rhythms at an early age...choosing instead music with complex and diverse overtones in mood.
    Brother man!
    Never attribute to malice that which can be adequately explained by stupidity.
    -- Unknown

It's always something... PuddleRiver's Avatar
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    5w6

Welcome to the forum, Tekhed!
    "In the depth of winter, I finally learned that within me there lay one invincible summer."
    ~~~~
    A Christian's life may be the only Bible some people ever read.
    ~~~~
    "The first time someone shows you who they are, believe them" Maya Angelou.
    ~~~~
    I like your Christ. I do not like your Christians. Your Christians are so unlike your Christ" Gandhi
    ~~~~