User Tag List

Thread: Salutations!

Default Salutations!

Hi everyone! I'm a twenty-something INFP grad student in the humanities (ergo, well on the path to over-education and future unemployment.) I enjoy history, literature, identifying a little too deeply with fictional characters, and dinking around on the internet and my inner world.

Anyhow, I first came across the MBTI in college some three years ago while lolling around on an INFJ friend's couch one quiet Friday evening. The INFJ who had himself discovered it very recently and was burning with a convert's zeal to spread the word cajoled me into sitting up and taking the test. I'm glad he did; we both agree that the type descriptions were, in our cases at least, uncannily accurate. Beyond that, it's just interesting to think with.

Earlier today, I started talking about this again with a friend (another INFJ!), stumbled across this site, and decided to give it a whirl. So here I am.
    Last edited by 011235813; 02-22-2011 at 09:08 AM.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sp/so
    Socionics
    INTj

Welcome to TypoC! Beautiful avatar, by the way.

Which fictional characters do you identify with the most?
    Enneagram: 5w4 5-9-2 (5w4 9w1 2w1) sp/so

"Do not argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience." - Greg King
    The worst mistake people make in political arguments is assuming that the other side is not trying to do the right thing. This simple oversight makes productive conversation nearly impossible.

Thank you! The Soul of the Rose is probably one of my favorite paintings ever. I'm a sucker for Pre-Raphaelite art.

The fictional characters I identify with most would be Anne of Green Gables, Anne Elliot from Jane Austen's Persuasion, Matilda, Scout Finch, and finally, the Piemaker from Pushing Daisies. The usual suspects, I suppose!

Quote Originally Posted by senza_tema View Post
    Anyhow, I first came across the MBTI in college some three years ago while lolling around on an INFJ friend's couch one quiet Friday evening.
    Ahahaha...LOLling around.

Welcome! Your avatar really is quite beautiful. So sensual.

Pretty much. I have an unfortunate habit of giggling unexpectedly when I think of something funny. It often happens in public and usually has nothing to do at all with the situation at hand. Embarrassing.

And thank you!