User Tag List

12 Last

Thread: Hey

MBTI
    ENFP

Default Hey

Hi, I got tired of reading these things and not being able to reply, so I signed up...
    ha, these little guys are awesome

:steam:

MBTI
    INFP

Welcome!

MBTI
    INFJ

Hello! I see we are in for more smiley usage! Welcome to the forum!

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    5w4

Welcome! I like your username.

MBTI
    ENFP

Default =)

Thanks

The Unwieldy Clawed One Falcarius's Avatar
    MBTI
    COOL
    Enneagram
    5w4
    Socionics
    Dino None

Welcome.

Falcarius goes off to add block the newbie's avatar.
    Quote Originally Posted by Thalassa View Post
    Oh our 3rd person reference to ourselves denotes nothing more than we realize we are epic characters on the forum.

Narcissism, plain and simple.

Enneagram
    827 sp/so

hello and welcome! have some welcome points and please fill this out so that we can get to know you a bit better!

your avatar is making me hungry
    “Oh, we're always alright. You remember that. We happen to other people.” -Terry Pratchett

MBTI
    yupp

welcome
    In no likes experiment.

that is all

i dunno what else to say so

MBTI
    ENFP

Ha, yeah, I was hungry when I picked the avatar...Alright, here goes...

btw, what do the little reputation points do for us, besides become something I have to obsessively check all the time to see if they've gone up?

Backgound
    1. What is your personality type? ENFP!
    2. Are you male or female? male
    3. What country do you live in now? What country are you born in? U.S.A.
    4. What cultural background are you? Mom is 1st generation Indian (dot, not feather) and Dad is German/English/Scottish from a one-stoplight Pennsylvanian town
    5. What religion are you? What religion is your family?
    I'm an atheist; my Dad is Lutheran and Mom Hindhu, but neither have really practiced their religions after leaving home.
    Questions
    6. What career are you in or looking to be in? What are you doing right now to help you achieve this career goal?
    I'm doing a one-year M.S. in Mechanical Engineering, focusing on Biomechanics...hopefully will be able to do something with hospital machines or prosthetic limbs...but I can't see myself being an engineer for ever, or even very long
    7. What is your friendships like with both genders? How many good friends do you have and why are you friends with these people? Let's see...I have a lot of good friends, too many to spend as much time with them as I'd like. I guess I'm friends with these people for all kinds of different reasons...I really just like people in general, I have a lot of different interests and tend to do things with the people that fit into or share that interest the most or best if that makes sense; a lot of my friends who are girls usually tend to be people who do or used to like me (and the reverse) in a romantic way, but it never really panned out. I guess I tend to like doing things with guys, but talking about or figuring out "life" things with girls. Or talking to guys about how best to "get things done." I don't know, I feel like I'm making up half of this right now.
    8. What paranoias do you have?
    That I'll get eaten alive by the herd of camels that lives in my kitchen as soon as I turn my back on them.
    No, just kidding...umm...can't think of any right now. I can think of a bunch of fears, but that's a slightly different question.
    9. What are your vices?
    Terrible procrastinatior...I just can't concentrate on what I am supposed to be doing until the 11th hour, and I hate it. Sometimes am an opportunist and keep people hanging about plans until the last minute. Can be extremely critical and perfectionistic about things that I really care about (even though I'm super laid-back about everything else). And finally, I feel really terrible about all of these once I realize I am doing/have just done them, but still can't do anything about them/do them again.
    10. What are your fears?
    Being completely alone or unloved. Being wrongly accused of something, especially to the point of being wrongly imprisoned. Being unable to break myself of my awful ENFP habits, haha.
    11. What is your relationship like with your parents? siblings (if you had any)? No siblings. Parents are definitely the "strict" parents, or at least they were when I was growing up. Because of this, I tend to not have my friends over and not share much of anything personal with them because, in the back of my mind, I think I am always afraid of "getting in trouble." They are also quite a bit older than me, almost two generations, so there's definitely a gap. But they always love me a ton, and are good at conveying it. Mom is an ESFP, although a lot of the easily-identifiable traits have faded with age (she's 60) and maturity. Dad is an INTP, I think (whichever the "realist" is...). I relate to my mom about people and those kinds of issues, and to my dad about "things..." he always seems to know everything about whatever subject I want to talk about. They clash over the T/F thing sometimes, but they like doing the same kinds of things and agree on the P.
    12. How are you with expressing emotion in public?
    Ummm...completely depends on who I am with; I sort of adjust to the company I am in. If I trust people though, I'll express whatever I feel like.
    13. How do you think people saw you in high school? How do you think people see you now?
    In high school this girl once told me that I was "the coolest dork she knew..." I kind of liked that. Most people only see part of me...if they are people I work or do school with or who talk to me about "serious" subjects or come to me for help, they are always shocked when I get crazy in a fun situation (what are you on today?). If they only know me from doing fun things with me, they would never give me any responsibility or ask me anything serious. I don't really know how people see me, but it seems like there are two distinct camps of people who "get" me and who don't and think I'm weird, and a lot of times it doesn't seem to have to do with time of knowing me.
    And finally....
    14. What do you see as the point to your life and life in general? Hmmm...I guess I don't really see a point to life in general. As for finding a point to my life, or at least something to move towards, I'll let you know when I figure it out, lol

It's always something... PuddleRiver's Avatar
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    5w6

Hello Welcome, glad you're with us.
    "In the depth of winter, I finally learned that within me there lay one invincible summer."
    ~~~~
    A Christian's life may be the only Bible some people ever read.
    ~~~~
    "The first time someone shows you who they are, believe them" Maya Angelou.
    ~~~~
    I like your Christ. I do not like your Christians. Your Christians are so unlike your Christ" Gandhi
    ~~~~