User Tag List

MBTI
    EsTP
    Enneagram
    6w7

Default An INXP here, I wonder if I can change the X.

I'm happy to introduce myself!

I am interested in MBTI because I feel that while it doesn't completely define a person, that it has proven to be a good way to learn about people and try to predict what they will be like.

I have been into MBTI for a couple of years, but my interest has been piqued recently since I started attending college. As I met more people, I realized that how easy it was to discover positives and negatives about people by learning about their types.

Something interesting about the college I'm attending in particular (Duke) is how there are more Intuitives and Judgers than usual. (Sensors still likely make the majority though). This makes sense to me. In high school, there were more SJ's who were top students than NP's, however, I always found it easier to bond with people who are considered NP's because of similar personalities and interests. The NJ's were almost always top students and the SP's were similar to the NP's, I do know of someone at Princeton now who I'm pretty sure is an ISTP though.

I/E & T/F are pretty much the same though. Haven't met too many INFP's here yet though.. a rare type it is. I met some people who were at least interested in taking an MBTI test and have had some knowledge of the preferences and 'temperament theory'.

Another difference from college and high school is how friends 'perceive' my type, when I told friends at college that I am an INTP, they were doubting of that and commented that I didn't seem like a "T", even though I am fairly reserved about expressing emotion, an important reason was that I seemed more eager to achieve 'harmony' rather than 'efficiency'. However, at times, I always thought that in terms of human relationships that the logical answer is to have harmony rather than a relationship that is as efficient as possible.

Back home, the idea was more so that I am a "T", mostly because I am relatively skilled at logic and am relatively skilled at Sudoku, strategy games, etc and I have the "NT" trait of being calm in a crisis.. but I've learned that is true for Intuitive and Perceiving types in general.

I am confused about whether I am actually a T or an F. One thing I am confused about is how I actually make decisions. I tend to have 'gut feelings' about everything but tend to rationalize it later on like a T would. I wonder if this is NT or NF. The only thing is that many of the NT's I've known don't like trusting their gut on many issues and for making decisions. I rely on Intuition because it has served me well in the past. Hell, I used it to go to Duke for college instead of some early established colleges in the Northeast. That's mostly because Duke's better too in every way.

But what would you guys think? T or F? If you have any questions, feel free to ask. and it's good to be here!

Enneagram
    827 sp/so

hello and welcome! have some welcome points and please fill this out so that we can get to know you a bit better!

sorry- I'd stay and help, but I must be at work!!!
    “Oh, we're always alright. You remember that. We happen to other people.” -Terry Pratchett

It's always something... PuddleRiver's Avatar
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    5w6

Hi there Mondo! Welcome, glad to have you here.
    "In the depth of winter, I finally learned that within me there lay one invincible summer."
    ~~~~
    A Christian's life may be the only Bible some people ever read.
    ~~~~
    "The first time someone shows you who they are, believe them" Maya Angelou.
    ~~~~
    I like your Christ. I do not like your Christians. Your Christians are so unlike your Christ" Gandhi
    ~~~~

MBTI
    EsTP
    Enneagram
    6w7

Thank you for the welcomes!
    I'm filling the personality type survey now.
    I thought about my type for some time and now I think INFP is a better fit, but I'm always willing to learn.

Glowy Goopy Goodness The_Liquid_Laser's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTP

Welcome Mondo!
    My wife and I made a game to teach kids about nutrition. Please try our game and vote for us to win. (Voting period: July 14 - August 14)
    http://www.revoltingvegetables.com

MBTI
    Intp
    Enneagram
    5w6
    Socionics
    ILI

Hm, why does it really have to be one of them? It sounds so wonderful to know that you have a very balanced profile on the F-T scale. However, there is a significant difference between both types. Reading solid descriptions of both types will probably help you out.
    Welcome to the forum. Observe some others, and you will learn a lot about yourself
    Vanitas vanitatum omnia vanitas

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6
    Socionics
    ????

Hi!