User Tag List

12 Last

MBTI
    INFJ

Default Hello, from an INFJ!

Hey,

I'm a male INFJ studying chemical engineering and physics. I've been reading this forum for quite some time and have found the NF Idyllic very helpful in making me feel like I'm not alone, since I don't seem to meet my engineering colleagues eye-to-eye. College is the first time in my life that I've felt out of place (but then again I shouldn't be surprised - studying engineering at one of the top party schools in the country doesn't really sound like a place for me).

I've tried to use MBTI mostly to help me figure out what I want to do with my life in terms of a career. Ever since I was a kid I've been interested in understanding how other people think and feel, and how I can best help them with any problems with which they approach me. So, I've long considered becoming a psychologist, but I've been sidetracked for now by the encouragement of family and friends to study something more "rigorous."

Besides learning about psychology, I like to write and play music: I've been drumming for almost 12 years, and now I'm trying my hands at guitar. I'd love to hear about what interests you all and what makes you come alive: I've always had a weird fascination with watching people do what they love. It seems like that's one of the few times you actually get to see the person for who they are inside. Anyway, that's me. I look forward to talking with y'all more!

Enneagram
    827 sp/so

hello and welcome! Have some welcome points and please fill this out so that we can get to know you better!

and poor you studying chem e
    “Oh, we're always alright. You remember that. We happen to other people.” -Terry Pratchett

MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    873 sx/so
    Socionics
    SLE Ti

Holy... are all those rep points from whatever?

Welcome blargsauce.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sx

welcome. enjoy your stay. =)

drums for 12 years? wow you must be pretty good. I'd like to hear you. Are you in a band?
    INFP 4w5
    facebook
    The pain won't let me get away.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by blargsauce View Post
    Hey,

I'm a male INFJ studying chemical engineering and physics. I've been reading this forum for quite some time and have found the NF Idyllic very helpful in making me feel like I'm not alone, since I don't seem to meet my engineering colleagues eye-to-eye. College is the first time in my life that I've felt out of place (but then again I shouldn't be surprised - studying engineering at one of the top party schools in the country doesn't really sound like a place for me).

I've tried to use MBTI mostly to help me figure out what I want to do with my life in terms of a career. Ever since I was a kid I've been interested in understanding how other people think and feel, and how I can best help them with any problems with which they approach me. So, I've long considered becoming a psychologist, but I've been sidetracked for now by the encouragement of family and friends to study something more "rigorous."

Besides learning about psychology, I like to write and play music: I've been drumming for almost 12 years, and now I'm trying my hands at guitar. I'd love to hear about what interests you all and what makes you come alive: I've always had a weird fascination with watching people do what they love. It seems like that's one of the few times you actually get to see the person for who they are inside. Anyway, that's me. I look forward to talking with y'all more!
    wow. you're me!

i'm doing a science-ey major, i'm considering becoming a psychologist, and i've been playing drums for 12 years too.

welcome.

what school to you go to?

MBTI
    INxJ
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    ILI

Hello, from an INFJ!
    Not really.

MBTI
    Zzzz

Quote Originally Posted by blargsauce View Post
    I'd love to hear about what interests you all and what makes you come alive: I've always had a weird fascination with watching people do what they love. It seems like that's one of the few times you actually get to see the person for who they are inside. Anyway, that's me. I look forward to talking with y'all more!
    Yello, new kindred! I enjoy observing others too! As well as playing with the subjects so as to see where they shall turn in the cage next or I give them cheese to make them feel better. I only abandom them when they get too fat and bite my fingers

Almost did psychology too, then considered trying psychotherapy but I am now re-re-revaluating of my options. Writing is one, for sure! No more doing what is expected or what was done in order to break those expectations from quickly thought of plans or fear of failure, oh noes! So long as you enjoy what you're doing and you have the option of doing what you love during or after, then all's well! Greatest of luck~

~dangerous curves ahead~
    MBTI
    ENTP

Welcome blargsauce. There're a lot of INFJs running around here, so you should feel at home. I kind of lost track of my list already.

Quote Originally Posted by Silently Honest View Post
    Holy... are all those rep points from whatever?

Welcome blargsauce.
    Yes, whatever's rep alone is enough to green-neon a lot of little jewel boxes. Be nice to her.

It's always something... PuddleRiver's Avatar
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    5w6

Hi there! Welcome, glad you're here.
    "In the depth of winter, I finally learned that within me there lay one invincible summer."
    ~~~~
    A Christian's life may be the only Bible some people ever read.
    ~~~~
    "The first time someone shows you who they are, believe them" Maya Angelou.
    ~~~~
    I like your Christ. I do not like your Christians. Your Christians are so unlike your Christ" Gandhi
    ~~~~

Welcome!

...and anyone who doesn't think psychology is rigorous obviously didn't study it very hard themselves! Either that, or they stopped reading after the chapter on Freud.