User Tag List

12 Last

MBTI
    ISTJ

Default Dizzy D the ISTJ

Hi, I am Daniel and ISTJ...
    I am 24 years old and currently studying business administration.

The things I read about ISTJ, I really like because these are the things that I value. Honouring appointments it so important to me, very interesting.

Sometimes when I clash with others in group work it is interesting that all my weaknesses come into play:
    * Ending up in win-lose conversations
    * Skipping certain steps in thinking, because they are so logical to me
    * Clashing with people who are not able to structurize their ideas.

Anyways see you guys around...
    Dizzy is online now Forward Message

MBTI
    ISXJ

Welcome!

It's always exciting to see the ISTJ population here grow (granted, I'm kind of partial to ISTJ's, myself )

Have some rep points & enjoy your stay!

Welcome.

Accept the past. Live for the present. Look forward to the future.
    Robot Fusion
    "As our island of knowledge grows, so does the shore of our ignorance." John Wheeler
    "[A] scientist looking at nonscientific problems is just as dumb as the next guy." Richard Feynman
    "[P]etabytes of [] data is not the same thing as understanding emergent mechanisms and structures." Jim Crutchfield

MBTI
    INFJ

Hello! I know what you mean--one of the things that first interested me in type was the way I saw (too ) many of my weaknesses and blind spots laid out so elegantly on paper by someone who didn't know me.

I agree that it is great to see the ISTJ population growing here!

MBTI
    ISTJ

Hehe thanks for the warm welcome
    I really like reading about my own type, although I feel like it will be hard to change some of the weak points.
    Eg in a group discussion on structuring a problem, I tend to think that my solution suits better and is more logical. Now I know that it might also be me, who is not able to see from others perspectives, but still I would proceed the same way. Next to that I sometimes ignore or fail to capture the feelings of the group when we have these heavy discussions.
    Anyways, there is a lot be learned outthere.

Do you guys know any good tests to determine how 100% ISTJ you are?

Enneagram
    827 sp/so

hello and welcome! have some welcome points and please fill this out so that we can get to know you better

nice to see some more Ss!
    “Oh, we're always alright. You remember that. We happen to other people.” -Terry Pratchett

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

Quote Originally Posted by Dizzy View Post
    Hi, I am Daniel and ISTJ...
    I am 24 years old and currently studying business administration.

The things I read about ISTJ, I really like because these are the things that I value. Honouring appointments it so important to me, very interesting.

Sometimes when I clash with others in group work it is interesting that all my weaknesses come into play:
    * Ending up in win-lose conversations
    * Skipping certain steps in thinking, because they are so logical to me
    * Clashing with people who are not able to structurize their ideas.

Anyways see you guys around...
    Dizzy is online now Forward Message
    Hello, Dizzy D. Welcome to MBTI Central. Feel free to ask any questions you may have about MBTI or general psychology.

Business administration? That's a pretty good field in general, and it's a very good choice for an ISTJ in my opinion.

Ah, I can imagine a TJ tending more towards a competitive communication style. The best way I can think of to balance that out would be to try and seem a bit less assertive/confident towards F's in particular, and try to make the other person feel appreciated rather than trying to "one up" them... does that make sense?

I can tend to skip steps, and use pronouns in confusing way such that it isn't clear who or what I am referring to, but I'm getting better with that.

I also struggle with people who use vague and "fuzzy thinking." It can be hard to understand them, or get them to understand what you really mean on a deeper level than simply "disagreeing" or "not liking them." So I can't help there.

So, I'm curious now... how much would you say that you value traditions and institutions in and of themselves, without regard for their relevance or efficiency? We don't get many SJ's, and I've been waiting to ask this because of a common stereotype about them.

MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    873 sx/so
    Socionics
    SLE Ti

Hey Dan

More ISTJs! MORE! MUAHAHAHAHAHAhahehoo...ahem...

uh, hi.

MBTI
    INFP

Talking Your name...no

I'm new too so I felt I'd be nice to welcome my contemporary (can't help the big words, brah) in join time. Nice to have more of the establishment types on here but I gotta ask about your name; why?

Are you some kinda rapper like in 8-mile that pretends to be a mild mannered business student by day or did you steal it off a muppet with gold teeth. I'm sorry if I sound cruel but when I see names like that I take it as a lack of imagination and just have to get on the person (ex. TurboNegro).

If it's any consolation I'll let you rip on my name as INFP idealizing of self or whatever.

Oh, yeah one last thing when are you and Lil' Wayne gonna bring out the remix to Stuntin Like My Daddy.
    I wanted to put something funny here but I got lazy so screw it.

INFP 4w5 Intimate Mercurial, Solitary, Idiosyncratic