INTP

Quote Originally Posted by mippus View Post
    welcome!
    Thanks!

MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by AllAboutSoul View Post
    Hey there Welcome to the lighter side of the er 'dark side'
    Thanks. I can still be dark, right? There are so many souls here to crush.

Just kidding. I'll be nice.

MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by Mort Belfry View Post
    How dare you put the word average and the acronym INTP in the same sentence! We can't let these people get hold of this kind of information. It will undermine the brotherhood!
    Well, by 'average' I meant that I'm average for an INTP- emotionally constipated, guarded, irreverent, disorganized, etc. Don't worry, I'll try not to dishonor the brotherhood.

MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by Dana View Post
    To the dungeon below!
    There's a dungeon? Cool!

MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by athenian200 View Post
    Hello, Eye-In-TiPi. Welcome to MBTI Central. Feel free to ask any questions you may have about MBTI or general psychology.

Which of the two was dangerous yet fun... living in Arkansas with two kids, or working in industrial electronics? Or was it both?

Yes, there are a few people from INTPc here. But luckily for you, we're not all INTP's (for instance, I'm an INFJ), thus we're civilized enough to avoid such xenophobia, and have no need to subject newcomers to hazing.
    Thanks, athenian200. Do you practice the psychological arts? I was visiting my phrenologist just the other day and he asked me about 'INTP.' Apparently, the bumps on my head spell it out over and over again in Braille. Go figure.
    I was talking about industrial electronics- high voltages, dangerous machines, etc. Life in Arkansas raising 2 kids isn't especially dangerous, but it does take its toll.
    The mild 'hazing' I've 'endured' so far is just enough to make me comfortable. I'm looking forward to getting to know this wider slice of the MBTI personality pool.

MBTI
    INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by Eye-In-TiPi View Post
    Howdy back atcha, TexasChaos. What part of the Lone Star State ya from? You can be as general or specific as you want when and if you respond. Just curious. One of my sisters lives in the Dallas area.
    I'm nowhere near Dallas... I'm kinda central-southish, in a little town nobody has ever heard of.

Hey, have you ever been to that Crater of Diamonds State Park there in Arkansas? I'm a rockhound and have been itching to go for years!

MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by TexasChaos View Post
    I'm nowhere near Dallas... I'm kinda central-southish, in a little town nobody has ever heard of.

Hey, have you ever been to that Crater of Diamonds State Park there in Arkansas? I'm a rockhound and have been itching to go for years!
    I've been there a couple of times. The ground sparkles there. I'm not sure if it's real diamonds or quartz, but the dirt there at the mine is loaded with tiny crystals, so it looks like you're walking on glitter. It's been about 25 years since I've been there, so someone might have come along with tweezers by now and picked them up. But seriously, if you're a rockhound, you'll love it there. You really might find a diamond. People do it now and then. Most of the diamonds you find, though, are flawed in some way-color, clarity, flavor, etc., but you won't care. You'll be able to brag that you dug your very own diamond.
    I'm sure you've been to this site, but on the off chance someone else reads this:
    Crater of Diamonds State Park Arkansas - keep what you find in this finders keepers diamond mine
    As I said it's been quite a while and I live about a hundred miles away, so I couldn't tell you much about the place other than "yup! they got diamonds!" Good luck if you ever go there.

MBTI
    INTJ

Hey!
    I've been hearing about MBTI Central now and then over at INTP Central and finally decided to get 'dual citizenship,' or something. I'm not bailing out of INTPc or anything, just thought I'd see what this place is all about. I see a few familiar faces around, so at least I'm not the only one double-dipping. Anyway, about me: I'm 35, married with 2 kids and I live in Arkansas. I work in the industrial electronics field, which is fun sometimes. Dangerous, yes, but fun.
    Some of the INTP's at INTPc are kinda hard on non-INTP's-especially n00bs- sometimes, so I expect nothing less than to be drawn and quartered upon arrival, so let the feeding frenzy begin. Come on, now. Fresh n00b meat!
    Hi!
    I'm just an average INTJ.
    Welcome!

MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by INTJMom View Post
    Hi!
    I'm just an average INTJ.
    Welcome!
    Thanks, and hi to you too. I looked at your profile and it lists 'geneaology' as one of your interests. I've been wondering if there's an easy way to look up my ancestry online. I'm part Native American from both sides of my family tree and I'd love to find some of my distant relatives who are more 'native' than me. I'm 1/8th native, I think. I should probably just go talk to my grandmother but I'm lazy and I never think of it when I do see her.

MBTI
    INTJ

Thanks, and hi to you too. I looked at your profile and it lists 'geneaology' as one of your interests. I've been wondering if there's an easy way to look up my ancestry online. I'm part Native American from both sides of my family tree and I'd love to find some of my distant relatives who are more 'native' than me. I'm 1/8th native, I think. I should probably just go talk to my grandmother but I'm lazy and I never think of it when I do see her.
    How awesome is that!

Yes! People don't live forever. Go speak to your grandmother!
    I know it's hard to appreciate family stories - or maybe you're learning now to appreciate them, but man, they are so cool!
    I recommend recording what your grandmother tells you because usually people talk to fast to write it all down.

Someone else in your family may have already traced the ancestry, and perhaps it's even posted online. You can ask around.
    ancestry.com is the most obvious place to go first.
    rootsweb.com is second.

Ask around in your family. I had my husband's mother's genealogy going all the way back to the 1600's, handed to me on a silver platter! Of course, a lot of the fun is doing the detective work yourself.

The 1800's are the easiest to search. A lot of birth records, and the 1880 US census are available on the LDS site for free. I don't have a subscription to Ancestry because I can't justify the expense, but the free family trees that people have submitted are useful - though they will not be free much longer! They're changing their software and making them unavailable, after March, so there's very little time left.
    Good luck. I do recommend you speak to your older living relatives to find out what clues you can glean from them before it's too late.

Ask them where their family lived - this will help when searching censuses, and ask them where they were born - this helps when searching birth records. The more you know about parents' names, the better.

I just remembered one more helpful site - Cyndi's List.
    It's phenomenal.
    Cyndi's List - Native American

I wish you good success!