User Tag List

123 Last

MBTI
    INTJ

Default Howdy from Texas, y'all

Well, I tried to sneak in and just join some conversations but ByMySword kindly pointed out how rude it was of me to not introduce myself first.
    So, at gunpoint, here goes:

I'm 30 y.o., married with children, and suffer from chronic Lyme Disease (meaning the docs didn't catch it in time to give me antibiotics before it spread through my whole system and entrenched itself beyond reach).

I think I am INFJ or INTJ, but I am trying to figure out how much of that might be influenced by my illness.

Ummm... wow, I'm boring... hobbies are reading, writing, cooking (and eating!), watching movies, home improvement projects, mineral collecting, geocaching, charity work, and making people shake their heads because they can't figure me out.

Before the Lyme, I used to enjoy being outdoors and being active (camping, hiking, biking, scuba diving, etc).

And anyone that is still reading at this point deserves some extra bonus karma...
    So hello everyone, and watch out for those darned ticks!!
    Last edited by TexasChaos; 02-23-2008 at 09:54 AM. Reason: spelling, D'OH!

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5/8
    Socionics
    ENTp None

Pleasure to be of your acquaintance.

MBTI
    Intp
    Enneagram
    5w6
    Socionics
    ILI

welcome to the forum!
    Vanitas vanitatum omnia vanitas

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    9w1
    Socionics
    INFj None

Welcome!
    “There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old’s life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other, of course, involves orcs.”
    ~ John Rogers

~dangerous curves ahead~
    MBTI
    ENTP

I see you got felled by Sword.

Welcome, and don't worry too much about figuring out your type. If you post more, the other members will be able to get a sense of you, which is like to be more accurate than tests per se.

Methinks personality is a confluence of experiences & perspectives; values, principles and beliefs. Any illness is a subset of experience; probably, it is not the illness per se that influences you, but the choices taken and consequences you face as a result. Experience was merely the catalyst, not the shaper.

To that end, who you are, with your experiences, is your personality, isn't it?

A selective filtering of experiences to define ourselves may not be who we are, but who we wish to be.

Makes sense?

MBTI
    INTJ

Thank you for the warm welcomes!

Aelan, I agree with you on what components make up personality as we see it. I am not sure about it simply being the choices taken that shapes me rather than the actual illness itself, although I do think that is part of it. (See my post here: http://www.typologycentral.com/forum...tml#post140783)
    I will have to think on that... thanks for the insight!!

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sx

Welcome! this place is really getting loaded with Texans. We are going to take over the forums. =)
    INFP 4w5
    facebook
    The pain won't let me get away.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6
    Socionics
    ????

Hi!

Enneagram
    827 sp/so

Hello and welcome! Are those your dogs? They're adorable! My sis and her fiance have a husky to geocaching- and I'm actually freaked out by blood sucking insects so I am always careful about them

sorry about that and please fill this out so that we can get to know you better!
    “Oh, we're always alright. You remember that. We happen to other people.” -Terry Pratchett

MBTI
    INFJ

Howdy backatcha from Texas! Did you get Lymes from a Texas tick? It's not really that common in Texas but I do know some other folks who caught it here, including my father-in-law. Luckily for him they caught it early and treated it. Sorry you're having to deal with the fall-out of that nasty disease.