User Tag List

Thread: Hi there from an INFJ!

Senior Member Array SubtleFighter's Avatar
    6w5 sx/so

Default Hi there from an INFJ!

Hi everyone!

I've been interested in MBTI for about a year now. I used to take personality tests online for fun, and when I realized that one that I took actually made a whole lot of sense and had a lot of depth, I became hooked! And even though MBTI doesn't explain everything, the more I know about it, the more it helps me get along with and understand the main people in my life.

I've been a lurker here for awhile, and I can't promise I'll never lurk again, but I want to start contributing to the conversation, so here I am

Some info about me:

I have consistently tested as an INTJ on all the MBTI tests I took, but I'm about 99% percent convinced I'm actually an INFJ. The more information I learn about both types, the more I'm convinced of this.

I'm a college student in my mid-twenties who's studying to be an English teacher. (I just passed the halfway mark, whoo-hoo!) So not surprisigly, I love to read, both fiction and non-fiction. My favorite genres are gothic romance, 19th century British lit, science fiction, and mysteries. I also love to write, and I hope to be a published author one day. My other love is music--I used to be a performer from kindergarten to high school, including being in a show choir (which everyone is shocked to find out since I can come off as very quiet). I love music from just about every genre, but my favorite is Broadway showtunes.

I guess that's it for now. I'm looking forward to meeting everyone.

welcome, comrade. i've tested as INFP before but i am also 99% sure i am INFJ based on researching the differences. i've figured that perhaps i act like an INFP when i'm depressed.
    "All authority of any kind, especially in the field of thought and understanding, is destructive and evil. Leaders destroy the followers and the followers destroy the leaders. You have to be your own teacher and your own disciple. You have to question everything that man has accepted as valuable, as necessary."

It's always something... Array PuddleRiver's Avatar

Howdy Welcome, glad to meetcha.
    "In the depth of winter, I finally learned that within me there lay one invincible summer."
    A Christian's life may be the only Bible some people ever read.
    "The first time someone shows you who they are, believe them" Maya Angelou.
    I like your Christ. I do not like your Christians. Your Christians are so unlike your Christ" Gandhi

Senior Member Array burymecloser's Avatar

Welcome! Glad to have you. FWIW, I test as INTJ, too.