User Tag List

First 4567 Last

Results 51 to 60 of 61

  1. #51
    Per Ardua Metamorphosis's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Posts
    3,466

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by logan235711 View Post
    find me a nice INTJ girl to settle down with and a bag of all marshmellow cereal
    Of all the craziness on your page, this is the biggest giveaway. What INTJ could possibly want another one?

    but, more power to you.
    "You will always be fond of me. I represent to you all the sins you never had the courage to commit."

    Reason is, and ought only to be the slave of the passions, and can never pretend to any other office
    than to serve and obey them. - David Hume

  2. #52
    Senior Member ThatsWhatHeSaid's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4
    Posts
    7,233

    Default

    I can't stop laughing... great thread!

  3. #53
    Senior Member indigo2020's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Posts
    122

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by logan235711 View Post
    Hello, ask me anything, fun or serious or something else. Or just comment. As long as everyone posts we'll be happy : )

    -logan

    Oh. And nice to meet everyone : )
    are you sure you are an intj? the whole happy thing just seems downright creepy for an intj. i think you are very confused about your type or you are fucking with us. you do sound like an esfp or esfj to me, but whatever you say, dude...

  4. #54
    Senior Member Alienclock's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    MBTI
    infp
    Posts
    118

    Default

    Now I am happy, Welcome!

  5. #55
    Member Alesia's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    MBTI
    INFP
    Posts
    90

    Default

    I don't care what type you are Logan. You're freakin hilarious!

    I also want to know your thoughts on this. It's from that first site about INTJs.

    INTJs are known as the "Systems Builders" of the types, perhaps in part because they possess the unusual trait combination of imagination and reliability. Whatever system an INTJ happens to be working on is for them the equivalent of a moral cause to an INFJ; both perfectionism and disregard for authority may come into play, as INTJs can be unsparing of both themselves and the others on the project. Anyone considered to be "slacking," including superiors, will lose their respect -- and will generally be made aware of this; INTJs have also been known to take it upon themselves to implement critical decisions without consulting their supervisors or co-workers
    First of all, what kinds of Systems do you build? And secondly, what do you do to those who you consider to be "slacking"?

    And welcome!

  6. #56
    Senior Member logan235711's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Posts
    166

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Bushranger View Post
    Could this be a case of hexidecipolar disorder?
    haha! I know! like I type these really reasonable and boring responses and then when I click the submit button it goes all whacky on me!! wweeeee!!! <--- seee! I didn't really type that either!!

    Quote Originally Posted by Alesia View Post
    I don't care what type you are Logan. You're freakin hilarious!

    I also want to know your thoughts on this. It's from that first site about INTJs.

    INTJs are known as the "Systems Builders" of the types, perhaps in part because they possess the unusual trait combination of imagination and reliability. Whatever system an INTJ happens to be working on is for them the equivalent of a moral cause to an INFJ; both perfectionism and disregard for authority may come into play, as INTJs can be unsparing of both themselves and the others on the project. Anyone considered to be "slacking," including superiors, will lose their respect -- and will generally be made aware of this; INTJs have also been known to take it upon themselves to implement critical decisions without consulting their supervisors or co-workers
    First of all, what kinds of Systems do you build? And secondly, what do you do to those who you consider to be "slacking"?

    And welcome!
    lol I don't know about "a moral cause" I never really got that :p but, what systems? hmm *thinks* mm, well I think that will change of course and have different focuses and topics of interest as I move through life of course : ) but I mean, I have soo many systems already! whether I believe in them enough to impliment or act on them on a frequent basis is something completely different though. lol ok, so buckling down, what 'kinds' of systems...mmm, I guess systems that try to include any other possible system as possible as well, while trying to work out contradictions that might arise by trying to impliment varying ideas that might not seem to work first ats face value : ) so since contradiction is an interesting concept, I'm doing some philosophy of logic because logic is not just about T/F; for example there are systems where you can have 5 answers, including T/F, and still have consistency, while other systems try to establish contradictions as being a consistency in itself, interesting stuff : ) (but this is just one aspect of stuff I look into towards thinking about systems I build)

    I don't think I think of people as slacking really, everyone has their own stuff that they are going through in lyfe so I try to be considerate of understanding what they are going through and how it can affect them in various aspects in the workplace or something : ) Plus, its good to have variety in methods at a place cause it can bring new ideas and inspirations from places one might not normally consider, but when the time comes to get the job done, I think I might take what we've all gathered and try to use whichever method I think works best for the situation--I try to include others in the picture though, not just a one-man show about me : ) However, like, for example, I might also expect most people, to be pretty reasonable in what they do. They can have all these ideas and be going through these things, but they need to always try to consider their effect on others as well. So, if one chooses a job where they cannot perform very well (maybe it is just not right for them at their moment in life), then I might try to be patient, give some subtle help here and there and hope they can move into it soon-enough, but if they just can't for some reason, or knew it wasn't great for them and chose it anyways I might be a bit skepticle about their judgement--you know, like you can have a lot going on in life, but that doesn't mean you can't try to reasonable about where you are also, knowing yourself and stuff : )

    Lastly!! in personal relationships I am more critical, if not very, cause I value growth really high so I am always aiming for constant growth with the very close relationships I have with a few people, so if they are slacking I will confront them on it, be direct perhaps and ask them "what's crackin' g?" I mean, they probably know me well anyways if we are close, so they are not too likely to be bothered by directness or something, but that doesn't mean the pace I set for growth can't be very demanding for people I'm close with though; I try very hard to keep people as a pretty consistent pace with one another so others aren't too far ahead or behind so we can relate better and get more out of it together, but if after long help to try to catch someone up, if it ends up not going too well for a prolonged period of time, I will probably have to drop them as they are setting me back too much in my growth as well :\ though I will try very hard not to do this as stated and will probably have a tough time feeling that it was something I needed to do :''''(

    Quote Originally Posted by indigo2020 View Post
    are you sure you are an intj? the whole happy thing just seems downright creepy for an intj. i think you are very confused about your type or you are fucking with us. you do sound like an esfp or esfj to me, but whatever you say, dude...
    woot! INTJ fo' lyfe!!

    Quote Originally Posted by Alienclock View Post
    Now I am happy, Welcome!
    hI!!!

    And welcomes the everyone else, thanks for the awesomeness oh and I like everyone's new avatars XD

  7. #57
    only bites when provoked
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Posts
    2,127

    Default

    I read just a little bit and my suspicions that this is not an INTJ were confirmed repeatedly.

  8. #58
    ✿ڿڰۣஇღ♥ wut ♥ღஇڿڰۣ✿ digesthisickness's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Posts
    3,262

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by logan235711 View Post
    oohh cool! a real question it's been awhile :p

    I'm looking at these two sites (but if there is one you would like me to look at for us to talk about, then please let me know : )
    1. INTJ Profile
    2. Portrait of an INTJ

    for the 1st one I liked these parts
    "may appear to project an aura of "definiteness", of self-confidence. This self-confidence, sometimes mistaken for simple arrogance by the less decisive, is actually of a very specific rather than a general nature;" but I worked on this in the last few years so I don't appear this way to people as much, I didn't want to intimidate them with how I spoke or just how confident I seemed in my ideas, but try to reach them on a more personal level and/or just with the appeal of the idea itself--though I can still come off this way if I'm under stress or something : )

    "know what they don't know" I think I was kind of like this more and I kind of still am, but I think maybe I'm more open to questioning what it is that I 'really' think I know and from there I look deeper into things : ) so sometimes I can have trouble feeling like I am giving good advice when I can think of a million other possibilites for the situation, tho no doutz that this is where practicallity comes in, as most would say, but even then, it has it's limits, so deciding where to stop and what to fill it with and when is hard : )

    "perfectionists, with a seemingly endless capacity for improving upon anything that takes their interest" ooh tricky! I think I used to be more worried about perfection on a short term basis such as typing perfecting, have to have some objects in the right order etc., but i stepped back and asked why doing these things were really important and now I focus on what I can do now to make a long-term perfection be more realizable and in that sense by focusing too much on small things, the larger picture slips through...They are important no doubt, but a time and place for them all and grasping the large picture tends to be important than the small details that soon usually follow there-after...course if someone is fully grasping this, then it doesn't mean that analysis is small or details per-se are small, it is more tricky than that :p

    ""Does it work?" to everything from their own research efforts to the prevailing social norms. This in turn produces an unusual independence of mind, freeing the INTJ from the constraints of authority, convention, or sentiment for its own sake." kind of, but if I really think about 'does it work' then I am forced to consider what affects the work that I am doing and in that sense convention, authority,sentiment, etc. for sources even outside myself are very important towards making sure and helping to push and find ideas...so I try to consider it all, but in the end we have to make that stopping point to move forward and as I put earlier, that seems to be one of the hardest parts

    ""what INTJs "do" tends to be what they "know"" kind of hard to think outside this, I mean if you don't know it then how can you do it consciously? obviously unconsciously or something, but more to the point lol maybe I was more focused on this a few years back when planning my life, now I try to consider what potential I can also get from a job into areas I 'don't know,' so a job that contains growth for the here and also tries to anticipate myself and what I dont know for the future. obviously some people may be like, duh, but there's a subtle idea i put in there that most might not notice, so we'll see ;P

    "many also find it useful to learn to simulate some degree of surface conformism in order to mask their inherent unconventionality" perhaps this is just a nice way of saying 'be more open to how others view things and consider it in your plans!' I might have thought of it as more of conformism but now I think of it more of like I am always myself regardless of how I act. So if I act mad, this is how logan is when he's mad, if I act sad :'( then this is logan when he is sad, to say I hide my true self or something is kind of not how I view it for me; I am logan in every way I try to act. but someone might argue that it really means, 'how you would like to act more dominantly if you could,' but I think I would like to act how I am now, because I'm only who I am in any way because of others being around so it would be pointless to act anyway if there is no one to notice/see it, then I couldn't also compare it to anything. But for the sake, I would say I am pretty efficiency driven towards goals in the ''''''long-term''''' but efficiency is so malleable so how far that goes is up in the air when talking about how to live life--certainly on small things its more apparent and I try that, but it works quite differently the more one tries to include in that vision of efficiency--but possible none-the-less if one tries really hard...?

    "they are capable of caring deeply for others (usually a select few), and are willing to spend a great deal of time and effort on a relationship" lol yeah, if I pursue something that I have made my mind up on, I put a great deal of effort into it, and everyone cares, just about different things so i cant say anything there :p

    "usually extremely private people, and can often be naturally impassive as well, which makes them easy to misread and misunderstand" i used to be more like this, but i've learned that helping others to read one is better for one in the long-run, but it's an effort for everyone to always try to maximize this ideal while keeping other ideals too, and that is something I'm working on in vary ways/means/levels : )

    "the INTJ will expect inexhaustible reasonability and directness" hmm yeah, I'm still this way, when I have a specific question, I like it quick, to the point, and as close to the idea of more objective as possible. Certain types of answers can give certain results though, so variety can be useful but perhaps in personal conversation with someone or serious matters, I kind of cut through the layers getting to the point, kind of hard for many people because so many of those layers are comfort layers so cutting through can be like an arrow through the heart lol but that's probably why I like it more for me, because I attempt to cut through a lot of barriers I may set up for myslelf and I can get straight to the heart of what's bothering me, or whatever, if I can not let those other things distract me from the real meat of the issue...not to say those other things aren't important of course--but they can all sort of be there just to point out even more what is really bothering someone etc : )

    "willingness to "work at" a relationship" lol yes!! I CANNOT be with someone who gives up so easily, or even who judges the end without even trying...if two people really work, any boundary can be overcome, but this is very hard to find people who want to stick it through for sooo long...not to beat it in, but it might seem many people lose motivation part-way through, lose sight of the big goal, get distracted by other things, etc, because there are so many traps along the road in life so we have to be careful about which ones we fall for and which ones there are...it's hard to blame people when these are so vast and many--so I like to believe in people. You Can Do It!! I Can Do It!! We Can All Do It!! Together!!

    lol I got lazy I dont think Ill finish the other profile hopefully this was useful and helped answer any questions

    laterz!
    just letting you know that i did read all of this. it was hard, but i did.

    and to me you sound much more like an INFJ, than intj. which isn't saying i know more than you, just an observation. you seem MUCH more like the INFJs that i've known. have you ever read the profile for that type?

    Quote Originally Posted by Wolf View Post
    I read just a little bit and my suspicions that this is not an INTJ were confirmed repeatedly.
    same here.

  9. #59
    Member Alesia's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    MBTI
    INFP
    Posts
    90

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by logan235711 View Post

    lol I don't know about "a moral cause" I never really got that :p but, what systems? hmm *thinks* mm, well I think that will change of course and have different focuses and topics of interest as I move through life of course : ) but I mean, I have soo many systems already! whether I believe in them enough to impliment or act on them on a frequent basis is something completely different though. lol ok, so buckling down, what 'kinds' of systems...mmm, I guess systems that try to include any other possible system as possible as well, while trying to work out contradictions that might arise by trying to impliment varying ideas that might not seem to work first ats face value : ) so since contradiction is an interesting concept, I'm doing some philosophy of logic because logic is not just about T/F; for example there are systems where you can have 5 answers, including T/F, and still have consistency, while other systems try to establish contradictions as being a consistency in itself, interesting stuff : ) (but this is just one aspect of stuff I look into towards thinking about systems I build)


    I don't think I think of people as slacking really, everyone has their own stuff that they are going through in lyfe so I try to be considerate of understanding what they are going through and how it can affect them in various aspects in the workplace or something : ) Plus, its good to have variety in methods at a place cause it can bring new ideas and inspirations from places one might not normally consider, but when the time comes to get the job done, I think I might take what we've all gathered and try to use whichever method I think works best for the situation--I try to include others in the picture though, not just a one-man show about me : ) However, like, for example, I might also expect most people, to be pretty reasonable in what they do. They can have all these ideas and be going through these things, but they need to always try to consider their effect on others as well. So, if one chooses a job where they cannot perform very well (maybe it is just not right for them at their moment in life), then I might try to be patient, give some subtle help here and there and hope they can move into it soon-enough, but if they just can't for some reason, or knew it wasn't great for them and chose it anyways I might be a bit skepticle about their judgement--you know, like you can have a lot going on in life, but that doesn't mean you can't try to reasonable about where you are also, knowing yourself and stuff : )

    Lastly!! in personal relationships I am more critical, if not very, cause I value growth really high so I am always aiming for constant growth with the very close relationships I have with a few people, so if they are slacking I will confront them on it, be direct perhaps and ask them "what's crackin' g?" I mean, they probably know me well anyways if we are close, so they are not too likely to be bothered by directness or something, but that doesn't mean the pace I set for growth can't be very demanding for people I'm close with though; I try very hard to keep people as a pretty consistent pace with one another so others aren't too far ahead or behind so we can relate better and get more out of it together, but if after long help to try to catch someone up, if it ends up not going too well for a prolonged period of time, I will probably have to drop them as they are setting me back too much in my growth as well :\ though I will try very hard not to do this as stated and will probably have a tough time feeling that it was something I needed to do :''''(



    This is hilarious! You are a fabulous bullshitter. I love it!


    Okay, yeah. I was just messing with you. Just wanted to see what kind of BS you would come up with. And you didn't dissappoint me. Those last two paragraphs seem sorta serious, though. I mean, even when being totally vague and random. What's up?

  10. #60
    Senior Member logan235711's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Posts
    166

    Default

    haHA! thanks everyone c, I'm actually like 4 types at once! I'm at 44%I, high N! and like balanced on the F/T and J/P, so let's see...that could make me...an INTP, INFJ, INFP, or an INTJ! aha! In the options to choose your type I didn't see an "every type" option or a "4-types in one hizzay!" option, so I had to pick INTJ since that is what I initially was but most people seem to look at types as always the extreme of the type, so if you aren't too INTJ then you aren't at all, or if you aren't too ESFP you aren't at all : ( and this seems esp. prevailent the closer the type is to the person who is critiquing! I'm working on my ES-ness and I can't wait to see how things turn out there! You know what I noticed!!!?

    "what's that brilliance that you noticed logan?"

    well let me tell you : )

    it seems that when Ns seem more under stress that they tend to turn the opposite of what their J or P is, so if someone is big at organizing, running exactly on time, thinking really judgementally about how to act etc., that stress can cause that person to go to the other extreme, so I was thinking that it would be great to instead of going to either extreme to just go to S-mode where you are balanced when stressed and in turn become very practical : ) Since many Ns are not as practical in the external world as an S might say, then it seems it might be a great way to not have to worry about the extra stresses that an N might be going through by envoking the S at those times. Of course, I was wondering, is this conflict avoidance or just putting off evaluation of what is stressing one until a calmer state of mind can be reached? ahhh! so many things to consider! *STRESS*

    Eek!

    *dies* :'(

Similar Threads

  1. New INTJ here.
    By RottenMind in forum Welcomes and Introductions
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 04-30-2012, 09:17 AM
  2. New INTJ Portrait, Please Critique
    By Blackwater in forum Myers-Briggs and Jungian Cognitive Functions
    Replies: 21
    Last Post: 08-04-2011, 11:50 PM
  3. Hi , I'm a new INFJ here!
    By aliza in forum Welcomes and Introductions
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 03-14-2011, 06:57 AM
  4. New INTJ here.
    By Oklahoma86 in forum Welcomes and Introductions
    Replies: 18
    Last Post: 12-17-2009, 05:08 AM
  5. New INTJ here!
    By Sameshadows in forum Welcomes and Introductions
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 02-12-2009, 02:54 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO