User Tag List

12 Last

MBTI
    INTP

Default whats up whats up!

recently did this myers briggs test and decided to check further and found a whole new world I never knew existed... coool

I'm 23/male from Toronto CA. just chilling trying to figure out what to do in Life.. my type is INTP but the I is right on the border of the E so that confuses me I guess I truly am INTP but after reading (I should say skimming :P) some of the other profiles ENTP does relate in a big way... can you even have a borderline personality type??.. id really like to know

anyhow.. I'm new here so hurry up and get to welcoming!! :steam: lol

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6
    Socionics
    ????

Hi!

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

Hello, KOzS. Welcome to MBTI Central. Feel free to ask any questions you may have about MBTI or general psychology.

Up is the opposite of down. Down is the direction in which gravity pulls objects. If you throw an object "up," you'll notice that it won't stay there, and will move "down," towards the floor. If you throw it "down," you'll notice that it moves more quickly, and stays where you threw it. Things you'll typically find when looking "up" include:

1. The sky.
    2. The ceiling.
    3. Ceiling fans.
    4. Exit signs with illuminated red letters.
    5. Chandeliers.

Things you'll find when looking "down" include:

1. Carpet/tiles.
    2. Shoes/feet.
    3. Concrete.
    4. Grass.
    5. Sand.

Any more questions? Yours are pretty easy.

MBTI
    INXP

Quote Originally Posted by athenian200 View Post
    Hello, KOzS. Welcome to MBTI Central. Feel free to ask any questions you may have about MBTI or general psychology.

Up is the opposite of down. Down is the direction in which gravity pulls objects. If you throw an object "up," you'll notice that it won't stay there, and will move "down," towards the floor. If you throw it "down," you'll notice that it moves more quickly, and stays where you threw it. Things you'll typically find when looking "up" include:

1. The sky.
    2. The ceiling.
    3. Ceiling fans.
    4. Exit signs with illuminated red letters.
    5. Chandeliers.

Things you'll find when looking "down" include:

1. Carpet/tiles.
    2. Shoes/feet.
    3. Concrete.
    4. Grass.
    5. Sand.

Any more questions? Yours are pretty easy.
    Nah! Actually it's a very hard question. Up and down are entirely relative expressions. If you live stood on the underside of a cloud, the ground is up, and space is down. So the carpet could be your sky...

Did you know that we view the planet the wrong way "up" too. At least if you use the angle of its deviation from vertical for spin, and closeness to the sun as factors, the Summer should be in December (like it is in the Southern hemisphere)... and all of the maps of the world should be the other way up!! The US should be down at the bottom, along with the UK and Europe...

We have an entirely northern hemisphere bias to what is up, and what is down, which doesn't actually fit the universal arrangement

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

Quote Originally Posted by Geoff View Post
    Nah! Actually it's a very hard question. Up and down are entirely relative expressions. If you live stood on the underside of a cloud, the ground is up, and space is down. So the carpet could be your sky...

Did you know that we view the planet the wrong way "up" too. At least if you use the angle of its deviation from vertical for spin, and closeness to the sun as factors, the Summer should be in December (like it is in the Southern hemisphere)... and all of the maps of the world should be the other way up!! The US should be down at the bottom, along with the UK and Europe...

We have an entirely northern hemisphere bias to what is up, and what is down, which doesn't actually fit the universal arrangement
    As far as I know, you can't stand on the underside of a cloud on a planet with gravity, because you would fall down. Up and down only really have absolute meaning when gravity is involved (and gravity pulls towards the center of the planet, so it's kind of like a centripetal force), otherwise it's fairly relative to your position... like left and right. If you don't have gravity, up is simply the remaining direction in space relative to your head that isn't left, right, forwards, or backwards and doesn't lead towards your feet. Down is the one that goes from your head towards your feet, and isn't left, right, up, forward, or backwards.

Did I cover it that time? I think it will take longer if I have to define all of the directions...

MBTI
    INXP

As far as I know, you can't stand on the underside of a cloud on a planet with gravity, because you would fall down. Up and down only really have absolute meaning when gravity is involved, otherwise it's fairly relative to your position... like left and right. If you don't have gravity, up is simply the remaining direction in space relative to your head that isn't left, right, forwards, or backwards and doesn't lead towards your feet. Down is the one that goes towards your feet, and isn't left, right, up, forward, or backwards.

Did I cover it that time?
    Don't forget that everything with mass exerts gravity. So the planet falls down very slightly towards you (down for the planet is up for you), just like you fall down a lot more towards it

We didn't even bend space yet, so at least we have straight lines

~dangerous curves ahead~
    MBTI
    ENTP

hellos, you sound like a live one. that could be ENTP, or an INTP under stress with a shadow emerging.

whichever it is, you can continue chatting and after a while, people would have a better idea.

welcome.

MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by Geoff View Post
    Don't forget that everything with mass exerts gravity. So the planet falls down very slightly towards you (down for the planet is up for you), just like you fall down a lot more towards it

We didn't even bend space yet, so at least we have straight lines
    The mass is the gravity.

MBTI
    INXP

Quote Originally Posted by wildcat View Post
    The mass is the gravity.
    Hey!... you over there. Put the higgs-boson down and step away

Welcome! The short answer: if you're borderline E/I, save yourself from a life of lonely misery and become and extravert before it's too late you're just simply naturally balanced on these preferences. No need to pigeonhole yourself just for the sake of polarizing to one trait or another.

As far as I know, you can't stand on the underside of a cloud on a planet with gravity, because you would fall down. Up and down only really have absolute meaning when gravity is involved (and gravity pulls towards the center of the planet, so it's kind of like a centripetal force), otherwise it's fairly relative to your position... like left and right. If you don't have gravity, up is simply the remaining direction in space relative to your head that isn't left, right, forwards, or backwards and doesn't lead towards your feet. Down is the one that goes from your head towards your feet, and isn't left, right, up, forward, or backwards.
    It might be possible to stand on the underside of a cloud on a planet with very low gravity due to the surface tension of the water vapor and friction of the cloud particles. By your definition, down would be up.

On a planet affected by the gravity of another planet, star, or distant supermassive object, the gravity vector would not be perpendicular to the surface of the planet as you state. By your definition, "up" might be 50 degrees from horizontal in this case.