User Tag List

12 Last

MBTI
    INTP

Default another INTP from INTPc...

I'm a 21 year old undergrad at UCSB, majoring in biopsychology, maybe double major in psychology as well... no idea what I want to do for money when I graduate. Seriously... just make enough to eat, sleep, and breathe, while saving a little every year will be fine by me. I found out about MBTI by stumbling on an INTJ Self-Improvement blog.

My passions are psychology, particularly evolutionary psychology. I also like to secretly obsess on how all the 'disorders' are not disorders if you look at them from a ev psych POV, and that ?normal? is just a portion of the selectively advantageous. I just love trying to understand the whole of human interaction rationally. I also love theoretical physics, can't get enough of it. Although that?s kind of a secret obsession I feel I hide from the from the world I usually associate with, I don't bring it up unless others ask, but then I never stop talking. I just love any book with unique observations and ideas involving physics.

I used to say I have a sleeping problem, but I think I really have a thinking problem. But the irony is I don't care to get rid of the 'problem'. This comes off like such a foreign language to others, so I never get around to telling them I don't care to use my thinking practically. My idea of a perfect life would be to sit around all day with no schedule, and think about answering our biggest questions with logic. All the while being around everyone, but not associate with anyone (except for a few periodically and spontaneously).

Did anyone 'catch' me?

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6
    Socionics
    ????

Hi!

MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    873 sx/so
    Socionics
    SLE Ti

I must've not had my computer when you signed up, over there. Welcome.

Glowy Goopy Goodness The_Liquid_Laser's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTP

Once the immigration has completed then the genocide can begin.

That is just my quirky way of saying welcome. Feel free to stay as long as you like.
    My wife and I made a game to teach kids about nutrition. Please try our game and vote for us to win. (Voting period: July 14 - August 14)
    http://www.revoltingvegetables.com

Enneagram
    827 sp/so

hello and welcome! have some welcome points!

also, please fill this out so that we can get to know you better!

http://www.typologycentral.com/forum...pe-survey.html
    “Oh, we're always alright. You remember that. We happen to other people.” -Terry Pratchett

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

Quote Originally Posted by cdal233 View Post
    I'm a 21 year old undergrad at UCSB, majoring in biopsychology, maybe double major in psychology as well... no idea what I want to do for money when I graduate. Seriously... just make enough to eat, sleep, and breathe, while saving a little every year will be fine by me. I found out about MBTI by stumbling on an INTJ Self-Improvement blog.

My passions are psychology, particularly evolutionary psychology. I also like to secretly obsess on how all the 'disorders' are not disorders if you look at them from a ev psych POV, and that "normal" is just a portion of the selectively advantageous. I just love trying to understand the whole of human interaction rationally. I also love theoretical physics, can't get enough of it. Although that's kind of a secret obsession I feel I hide from the from the world I usually associate with, I don't bring it up unless others ask, but then I never stop talking. I just love any book with unique observations and ideas involving physics.

I used to say I have a sleeping problem, but I think I really have a thinking problem. But the irony is I don't care to get rid of the 'problem'. This comes off like such a foreign language to others, so I never get around to telling them I don't care to use my thinking practically. My idea of a perfect life would be to sit around all day with no schedule, and think about answering our biggest questions with logic. All the while being around everyone, but not associate with anyone (except for a few periodically and spontaneously).

Did anyone 'catch' me?
    Hello, cdal233. Welcome to MBTI Central. It sounds like you already know enough that you don't need help understanding any of the basics. Please feel free to share with us any insights you may have into MBTI or general psychology.

That sounds like an interesting topic to study. What can you tell us about the relationship of the brain structure and usage patterns to observable behavior?

I agree about not all disorders being negative. There's actually a very limited subset of behavior that's beneficial/acceptable in modern society, and that's why so many things are described as disorders. Almost everyone I've ever met had at least one disorder, and they all seemed fine.

I would like to spend my life doing basically nothing as well (if I could), except that I would probably prefer to just read books, watch television, go online, and occasionally have one or two friends over to talk to. I might use logic occasionally if I were bored enough, but otherwise probably not.

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Neat, welcome to MBTIc. And I appreciated the posts I saw from you on INTPc today, so I'm glad you've come over.

I'm a 21 year old undergrad at UCSB, majoring in biopsychology, maybe double major in psychology as well... no idea what I want to do for money when I graduate. Seriously... just make enough to eat, sleep, and breathe, while saving a little every year will be fine by me.
    With a double-major like that, yuh -- the topics sound fascinating, not sure how to leverage them for cash. But if you are okay with the ambiguity, then you are probably in for a fun time because the topics themselves sound pretty intriguing.

My passions are psychology, particularly evolutionary psychology. I also like to secretly obsess on how all the 'disorders' are not disorders if you look at them from a ev psych POV, and that ?normal? is just a portion of the selectively advantageous.
    You have probably seen the theories, then, that use the less-extreme tendencies of the official psych disorders to categorize people? (I guess that Oldham does some of that -- as an example, there is a Sensitive type which is the "normal" form of Avoidant Personality Disorder.)

I just love trying to understand the whole of human interaction rationally. I also love theoretical physics, can't get enough of it. Although that?s kind of a secret obsession I feel I hide from the from the world I usually associate with, I don't bring it up unless others ask, but then I never stop talking. I just love any book with unique observations and ideas involving physics.
    Neat. I hope to pick your brain then; I'd love to hear any of your thoughts on these topics.

I used to say I have a sleeping problem, but I think I really have a thinking problem.
    Ha. I take sleeping pills sometimes at night because my brain will not turn off enough for me to sleep. I can't stop thinking.

Did anyone 'catch' me?
    If you mean, "Does anyone 'get' you?" Jah, I think so.

Welcome again, hope you enjoy your time here and an INTPc.
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

MBTI
    Zzzz

Yello, my green sir!

Ah, if only more people were as content with money as you seem to be.

My passions are psychology, particularly evolutionary psychology. I also like to secretly obsess on how all the 'disorders' are not disorders if you look at them from a ev psych POV, and that ?normal? is just a portion of the selectively advantageous. I just love trying to understand the whole of human interaction rationally. I also love theoretical physics, can't get enough of it. Although that?s kind of a secret obsession I feel I hide from the from the world I usually associate with, I don't bring it up unless others ask, but then I never stop talking. I just love any book with unique observations and ideas involving physics.
    The only secrets I hold, though, are mostly personal feelings about people unless they are worthy of knowing . Otherwise, it's no secret that I extravert my feelings a lot, however intelligently I sound about it! *coughsINFJs know this*

I used to say I have a sleeping problem, but I think I really have a thinking problem. But the irony is I don't care to get rid of the 'problem'. This comes off like such a foreign language to others, so I never get around to telling them I don't care to use my thinking practically.
    Chronic Insomniac since childhood. Sleep is a great dream I have or am having. Thinking is love. Love is thinking. I'm always thinking of love? errr I don't somewhat get the thinking practically part. Do you mean applying your thoughts in a practical manner?

My idea of a perfect life would be to sit around all day with no schedule, and think about answering our biggest questions with logic. All the while being around everyone, but not associate with anyone (except for a few periodically and spontaneously).
    This is why you spend less, earn more and leech off your parents whenever you can and save that money (you're 21, you might still have the chance if you still live with them!)...and hope your investments do well... and then you can sit around a lot, maybe not all day, and then think til your heart's content and then start all over again on the next newest-big questions!

Did anyone 'catch' me?
    Oh, I rarely catch myself. When I do, it's simply marvelous fun holding on and then running after myself again.

Oh yes, we may perhaps be kindred. You are 21 and you don't seem to annoy me (yet?) as most our age, above and below, do! INTJ as my precociously little sister is. Your birthday is 2 days after hers, so I say Happy Early Birthday! -- Edit: drats , you are an INTP! I may have to rethink the kindred part... jk~~

You can apply my lesson on making others spend more on you during this time, preferrably with giving you money ... and then save it for that rainy day you deign to venture outside your cave. I mean, house....

MBTI
    INTP

Thanks for the greetings and commentary! I'll have fun posting on this site. I'll try to answer some of those questions...

What can you tell us about the relationship of the brain structure and usage patterns to observable behavior?
    My opinion is that nothing I've come across does more than explain that a part of the brain creates an observable behavior, and that the correlation exists. People don't know why it works, just how. I'm more of a 'why' thinker. Also, neurology is thought of in networks now, so it's not like one area is thought to do one thing. More like this one behavior involves many X parts of the brain, happening in a certain order. I think we need to find theories to explain why the parts of the brain exist to have a full understanding of their full functions, and we're pretty far away from that.

You have probably seen the theories, then, that use the less-extreme tendencies of the official psych disorders to categorize people?
    I think that a ToE involving psychology will be forced to have a very blunt truth recommending theories like these exist. With all the bogus 'disorders' out there, it's painfully obvious that a disorder is something that doesn't fit into the mold of society. I think thats total BS. We are socially intelligent animals, all taking the easier path in life by joining society. This isn't what our natural mechanisms are designed for, but it's more efficient, which creates a world that doesn't know what they want or what really motivates them.

Do you mean applying your thoughts in a practical manner?
    Whenever I hear a new piece of information, or digest a fact, I immediately fit it into my working model of how I see the world. I don't have much of a motivation, outside of survival, to use this knowledge before I have a complete understanding. Maybe some day I will, but not right now... I don't understand nearly everything... not even close, and there is information out there I haven't found yet. But with every good theory or counter-intuitive observation comes a big step in the right direction.

PS... this is what I meant by did anyone 'catch' me

MBTI
    Zzzz

Whenever I hear a new piece of information, or digest a fact, I immediately fit it into my working model of how I see the world. I don't have much of a motivation, outside of survival, to use this knowledge before I have a complete understanding. Maybe some day I will, but not right now... I don't understand nearly everything... not even close, and there is information out there I haven't found yet. But with every good theory or counter-intuitive observation comes a big step in the right direction.

PS... this is what I meant by did anyone 'catch' me
    Well, then, I'd say you are being practical in a mindful way but not practical with application until you feel wholly confident of its use and your knowledge of its use. So I wouldn't think that's lack of motivation, IMO, it's lack of assured comprehension which doesn't have direction as of yet.

I may not have 'caught' you that way but it sure sparked inspiration enough that I altered it into my sig below lol