MBTI
    INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Galt View Post
    Um, ask some of the old-timers. :redface:

MBTI
    ISTP

Quote Originally Posted by Economica View Post
    Um, ask some of the old-timers. :redface:
    I would, but that would require striking up some sort of conversation with them.

You. Tell. Now.

Go.
    But sir, your opinion is wrong.
    TANSTAAFL!

MBTI
    INTJ

You. Tell. Now.
    You read that thread I linked to in my signature disclaimer/explanation and I'll answer any questions you have after that, deal?

MBTI
    ISTP

You read that thread I linked to in my signature disclaimer/explanation and I'll answer any questions you have after that, deal?
    Just what I needed. A compromise.

Deal. I'll edit this when I'm done, assuming I don't pass out on my keyboard.

edit: I read the thread. I voted. However, you forgot one of the voting options: "I am an INTJ and I believe that I do not suffer from closed-minded certitude. I quite enjoy it."
    TANSTAAFL!

MBTI
    INTJ

edit: I read the thread. I voted. However, you forgot one of the voting options: "I am an INTJ and I believe that I do not suffer from closed-minded certitude. I quite enjoy it."
    Facetious answer: This is exactly what I would have replied at, oh, around age 20.

Serious answer:

I believe that becoming aware of the extent and intensity to which one suffers from closed-minded certitude constitutes the bulk of the work one has to do to overcome it, because it's the ego-wrenching part. Once wallowing in the magnitude of one's idiocy , taking steps to improve attains paramount importance. (We want to get back to being inculpable as soon as we can, right? ) So I suggest that those who acknowledge some CC tendencies but feel unmotivated to modify their behavior in any way vote for the "never suffered from it" option.

MBTI
    ISTP

In my short life I have never found a reason to think my cerebral narcissism hurts me. It helps me not agree with those who are just plain wrong, which I usually follow by correcting them and systematically destroying their undeserved self confidence. I suppose it's hindered my ability to make friends, but they can become rather annoying (or maybe that's just my rationalizing again).

The only real problem with it is that we tend to reject ideas before even considering their merits. This saves time in 95% of all cases, but the 5% are probably rather helpful.

age 20.
    No wonder Niffer surprised you.
    TANSTAAFL!

MBTI
    INTJ

No wonder Niffer surprised you.
    That's my point exactly! If I knew you were even younger, I'd be more forgiving of 'seemingly immature but actually age-appropriate moments'.

MBTI
    ISTP

That's my point exactly! If I knew you were even younger, I'd be more forgiving of 'seemingly immature but actually age-appropriate moments'.
    But that would ruin the fun of keeping you guessing.

Now for your end of the deal. It's story time.
    TANSTAAFL!

MBTI
    INTJ

Now for your end of the deal. It's story time.
    I really should get around to writing that planned blog post. In the meantime and in this spirit: Punished Kin For My Own Sin.

To flesh it out a bit: I couldn't stand my own closed-minded certitude and when I sensed it in other INTJs, I went ballistic. Essentially it was self-flagellation through projection. (See my posts to Mendacity in this thread and this thread (she stopped posting after that :blushing, and see also my dissection of my reaction to Night in the later part of my blog.) I'm still coming to terms with my CC, but I'm happy to report that I'm feeling much more calm around other INTJs these days, no matter how smugly self-satisfied they/you are. *pats self on the back* The only drawback is that now I have to think of a new signature.

MBTI
    Zzzz

I may not know your age (28? ) but you revealed you work in Customer Service WTF?! How have you survived, man?! I'd bite my tongue trying to remain civil (when it escalates, that is, as I'm sure you know). And I'm inherently nice and polite.

All I know is...my sis (INTJ and almossst 15) loathes interracting with 99% of population so far encountered because they are ramapant morons fueled by their willfull ignorance and are laughably ignorant of being controlled by each other at hand, society in general and reality TV at home. Sis: "Oh, they think they're being rebellious, riiiiight, so does every 'gen x' wannabe who leeches off their parents, trying so hard to fit in their Factory Cults :rolli:. They amuse me at least --". She has all but lost regard for people as she entered gr.9 this year-- She remains "polite" (even sarcastically nice) but keeps her distance to old friends whom she was always distant b/c they were generally superfluously silly in behaviour and particularly 'stupid' in character--I've met them, she's right--- It's just not reasonable, to her, in this point of time to get rid of them b/c they may become useful (i.e HW/notes).

I like mentioning this to people I suspect are INTJs or even ISTPs like my best friend b/c we regularly poke fun (though they sound more serious about it...): "There should be global genocidal weeding and breeding out of stupid people. There should be further genetic screening to ensure that they never return thus allowing evolution to make another leap let alone another fucking jump within our lifetimes and thereafter--"

or my own particular (aggrieved) invention "Words such as "like" must be obliterated or replaced with "as" since it's repetitive application has rendered it virally airborne and is toxic to the, so far, English language. It has transmuted Valley Girlism superceding into the 'Like Like Strain2 Virus'. I predict further mental collapse will follow, resulting in cancerous brain-dead cells which will culiminate into total brain failure and ultimate collapse of society."

So...do either or both resonate with you? Or any INTJs here (would it change with age, I wonder?)?