User Tag List

123 Last

Thread: Semi-new INFJ.

MBTI
    INFJ

Default Semi-new INFJ.

I would have made this post last week had my internet not died. Anyway, hello, everyone. My name is Meg, but you'll surely call me "silkbite". I'm a musician, a writer, and a future psychologist. My current favorite hobbies are making up profiles for different kinds of troubled youth, contemplating the origins of odd ailments, and playing Ace Attorney. My current woe is being thought of as a crank in all of my classes.

Welcome, Meg. I have a BA in psych. I couldn't figure people out, so for the past 12 years, I've been working on doing the same with computers.

MBTI
    Zzzz

Quote Originally Posted by silkbite View Post
    I would have made this post last week had my internet not died. Anyway, hello, everyone. My name is Meg, but you'll surely call me "silkbite". I'm a musician, a writer, and a future psychologist. My current favorite hobbies are making up profiles for different kinds of troubled youth, contemplating the origins of odd ailments, and playing Ace Attorney. My current woe is being thought of as a crank in all of my classes.

Yello~~

I predict aelan! *prepares to shuffle*

Quote Originally Posted by JAVO View Post
    Welcome, Meg. I have a BA in psych. I couldn't figure people out, so for the past 12 years, I've been working on doing the same with computers.

But when you can't figure people out, they don't exist. They...don't exist... That's how I treat'em

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by DeliriousDisposition View Post
    But when you can't figure people out, they don't exist. They...don't exist... That's how I treat'em
    hahaha.

for me, when i don't get people, i'm ridiculously intrigued by them until i understand...

oh and hi silkbite!

MBTI
    INFJ

Quote Originally Posted by DeliriousDisposition View Post

I predict aelan!
    What's this "aelan"?

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

Hello, silkbite. Welcome to MBTI Central. Feel free to ask any questions you may have about MBTI or general psychology.

Musician and writer? I like to read and listen to music, but I'm more the type to absorb such things than create them.

I've been considering going into psychology as well. I've thought of doing those kinds of things myself. What's "Ace Attorney"?

Why do they think of you as a crank?
    What's this "aelan"?
    This is aelan. She likes to keep track of active INFJ posters. But she's not weird or anything (well, not by ENTP standards, anyway). Why does no one ever figure out that that's a person's name?

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram

What's this "aelan"?
    one of our members. she has a list of all the active INFJs.

edit: aw, athenian did the edit before i could post...

MBTI
    Zzzz

What's this "aelan"?
    YAY! I knew it would work! I too asked this question despite the answer swirling inside the multiverse of my mind. Only until it happened did I recall that hazy memory of aelan...oh aelan...

But I'm mean person sometimes so...I shan't tell you...You must wait for your turn. keke

My Turn To Edit: Sigh...My playfulness dashed...oh wells. I'll catch another one yet.

MBTI
    INFJ

Quote Originally Posted by athenian200 View Post
    What's "Ace Attorney"?
    Ace Attorney is a video game series where you play as a lawyer. It's quite silly and addictive.

Why do they think of you as a crank?
    I guess we should ask them To my knowledge it's because I contribute things they find odd - I can't raise my hand and say something without half the room gawking at me as if I just killed their mothers/destroyed their entire worlds, which hurts my Fe. So now all my contributions are spoken in the privacy of professor office hours. Bleh.

This is aelan. She likes to keep track of active INFJ posters. But she's not weird or anything (well, not by ENTP standards, anyway). Why does no one ever figure out that that's a person's name?
    I thought it might be a person's name, but I wasn't sure. I guess she really likes INFJs, as so many other ENTPs do.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

I guess we should ask them To my knowledge it's because I contribute things they find odd - I can't raise my hand and say something without half the room gawking at me as if I just killed their mothers/destroyed their entire worlds, which hurts my Fe. So now all my contributions are spoken in the privacy of professor office hours. Bleh.
    I know what you mean. I once asked a teacher in my History class why they considered Indian removal policy to be a failure in American history. I was confused because it seemed to be effective at removing the Indians and paving the way for settlement, and I didn't really understand how you could call that a failure. I still don't, honestly. But he kept going on about how we "know better" now, and everyone else seemed to get it... I really didn't. Everyone else seemed to think I was insane or something.

But seriously, if the Indians lost/waned, and the United States won/prospered from the policy, how on earth could that be considered a failure unless you were an Indian?

This is why I only share my opinions on message boards now... I don't want people to dislike me for reasons I don't understand.