User Tag List

First 123 Last

Thread: Semi-new INFJ.

MBTI
    Zzzz

Quote Originally Posted by athenian200 View Post
    I know what you mean. I once asked a teacher in my History class why they considered Indian removal policy to be a failure in American history. I was confused because it seemed to be effective at removing the Indians and paving the way for settlement, and I didn't really understand how you could call that a failure. I still don't, honestly. But he kept going on about how we "know better" now, and everyone else seemed to get it... I really didn't. Everyone else seemed to think I was insane or something.

But seriously, if the Indians lost/waned, and the United States won/prospered from the policy, how on earth could that be considered a failure unless you were an Indian?

This is why I only share my opinions on message boards now... I don't want people to dislike me for reasons I don't understand.
    *stalks athenian200* I would've said the same thing. It wasn't a failure for Americans at all. If they consider it a failure now, why doesn't every 'American' and foreigner go back to their ancestral homeland?

I don't know about prosper...well, maybe at that time. How long ago was that? I care not for how others see me! ..........no! okie I do! But I'll still fight the good fight and---

The Unwieldy Clawed One Falcarius's Avatar
    MBTI
    COOL
    Enneagram
    5w4
    Socionics
    Dino None

Welcome.
    Quote Originally Posted by Thalassa View Post
    Oh our 3rd person reference to ourselves denotes nothing more than we realize we are epic characters on the forum.

Narcissism, plain and simple.

~dangerous curves ahead~
    MBTI
    ENTP

I'm not a "what"

Yes, deliriousdisposition, mind making a wee bit of room over there? Yes, there's a good 'un.

*pops silkbite into the basket*:

Alchemist
    AllAboutSoul
    athenian200
    cafe
    cascademn
    DeliriousDisposition
    dissonance
    faith
    Hotherym
    Jen
    Kiddo
    Kyrielle
    MJ_
    nightning
    Pseudonym_Alpha
    quietgirl
    Shinzon
    Silently Honest
    silkbite
    theshadow
    Toonia(?)
    tovlo
    Wandering
    wedekit
    wolfmaiden14

Minor point, the collection is for study. I'm still not sure I like 'em, like 'em. I mean, I've not tasted any.

Welcome, silkbite. Yours is a pretty name.

Glowy Goopy Goodness The_Liquid_Laser's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTP

Welcome!

Quote Originally Posted by silkbite View Post
    What's this "aelan"?
    "Aelan" is the code word that we use around here when talking about "fish tacos". People find the words "fish tacos" have too many letters, so we shortened it to "Aelan". It makes sense huh? Occasionally you will see these "fish tacos" post, but what do you expect? That is what happens when you leave them in the refrigerator for too long.

I guess we should ask them To my knowledge it's because I contribute things they find odd - I can't raise my hand and say something without half the room gawking at me as if I just killed their mothers/destroyed their entire worlds, which hurts my Fe. So now all my contributions are spoken in the privacy of professor office hours. Bleh.
    This happened to me a lot when I was in school, but for some reason I found it enjoyable.
    My wife and I made a game to teach kids about nutrition. Please try our game and vote for us to win. (Voting period: July 14 - August 14)
    http://www.revoltingvegetables.com

MBTI
    INxJ
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    ILI

Welcome to MBTIc! Your nickname sounds and reads very nice.
    Not really.

~dangerous curves ahead~
    MBTI
    ENTP

Quote Originally Posted by The_Liquid_Laser View Post
    Welcome!

"Aelan" is the code word that we use around here when talking about "fish tacos". People find the words "fish tacos" have too many letters, so we shortened it to "Aelan". It makes sense huh? Occasionally you will see these "fish tacos" post, but what do you expect? That is what happens when you leave them in the refrigerator for too long.

This happened to me a lot when I was in school, but for some reason I found it enjoyable.
    ENTPs are horrible people, I swear! They come up with the wittiest lines, and it makes you forgive the dig they took at you.

yours,
    fish tacos.

sillkbite, I think most on the board here seldom fit in IRL. I used to have kids writing down everything I said in class as some gospel truth. It wasn't a good feeling. I think a lot of people always say the schooling years are the best of your life, but am I glad I'm out of school.

So... it gets better. Yes.

Quote Originally Posted by DeliriousDisposition View Post
    But when you can't figure people out, they don't exist. They...don't exist... That's how I treat'em
    My current theory is that in that case, it's more likely that they don't exist as they think they exist.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6
    Socionics
    ????

Hello!

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx/so
    Socionics
    IEI

Welcome to the nuthouse ^_^
    Dreams are best served manifest and tangible.

INFP, 6w7, IEI

I accept no responsibility, what so ever, for the fact that I exist; I do, however, accept full responsibility for what I do while I exist.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Glowy Goopy Goodness The_Liquid_Laser's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTP

Quote Originally Posted by aelan View Post
    ENTPs are horrible people, I swear! They come up with the wittiest lines, and it makes you forgive the dig they took at you.

yours,
    fish tacos.

sillkbite, I think most on the board here seldom fit in IRL. I used to have kids writing down everything I said in class as some gospel truth. It wasn't a good feeling. I think a lot of people always say the schooling years are the best of your life, but am I glad I'm out of school.

So... it gets better. Yes.
    Admit it. You want to join us ENTP's. Oh wait I see that you already have. Carry on then.
    My wife and I made a game to teach kids about nutrition. Please try our game and vote for us to win. (Voting period: July 14 - August 14)
    http://www.revoltingvegetables.com