User Tag List

123 Last

Thread: INTP Chick

MBTI
    INTP

Post INTP Chick

Hey everyone.

I am an INTP girl. I have taken the test many times including at my former workplace where they made us take it officially (Senior members of the organisation made us all take it to view our compatibility as a team, etc)
    I always come out as an INTP.However on these forums, INTP girls come accross like tomboys. Although I am an INTP, I love fashion..(un INTP-girl like)

However, the INTP part shows with the way I go about my obsession. I have taken it so far, I know way too much and have hoarded too much information. I sit alone for hours, cumilating ideas, inspiration and information. (INTP-like)

But I also like dressing up .. ALOT (un INTP-girl like)

I have masses of EN friends to the extent that I can professionally mirror them and for the few hours I am out, appear to be an EN. But the fact remains that I am a hardcore INTP. If left up to me I wouldnt even go out. I am a fake socialite. I can go for days without having the need to speak to anyone. I have fallen in love twice (I am 25) both the same way.. friends, then fancying eachother (Im a Brit- i have heard US ppl dont like that word, sorry!!) and then keeping my cool and being in that place (just before titles) for aaaages. then getting it on and becoming official. and then becoming more and more emotionally attached. The tables turn and I am more dependant, less cool. They were INTP and INTJsrespectively. I am currently 'talking' to an INTsomething.. Im not 100% sure yet.

The relationships ended in a very typical INTP fashion. I couldnt bear to talk to them properly/ be friends. I have personally cut them off but I put on the civilsed act and act happy to hear from them etc. It makes them feel better or something.

My family is a mixture. My 19 year old bro is INTJ. from birth. He doesnt say much.
    My mum was born an INTP..its only with the progression of her career she has had to develop more ENTP ness.
    My father is INTJ to a fault. His is extreme. My parents are divorced because of it, im sure. He was waaaay to introverted. Its not feasible once you have a family. No matter how introverted you are you have to adobt some E-ness once there are children and family involved. He still behaved like he lived alone.

My mum remarried an ENTJ. Life of the party type of man. They had my half sister. Shes a 12 year old life of the party type of girl. Very ENTP. I love her to bits

Anyway, I love these forums and just though I would introduce myself. and maybe learn more about myself from your comments and hear about you guys too

Thanks for reading

From datagirl. (Im a quant, data analyst in finance, hence the name lol)

Habitual Fi LineStepper JocktheMotie's Avatar

Hello, and welcome to the forums

I'm also in finance, and more analysis is something I'd like to do. Too much implementing at the moment. I just want to come up with the strategy moving forward. I don't actually want to have to do anything

What is that essential quality in fashion that pulls you toward it?

MBTI
    INTP

haha everything!! Sometimes I think its not just fashion, but its' knowing more about it than anyone I know (I'm guessing thats typical INTP). You just have to show me a glimpse of a fabric and I can tell you the designer, the year, the city, the model, the campaign lol everything. And i collect magazines. I have thousands. I have recently cut back after my mum made a comment that we could have put down a mortgage down payment with the number of magazines I bought. I locked myself in my shoebox of a room reflecting after that.

I know what you mean about more analysis. less rules, more room to spread ones wings. My ex was in the analysis part. Much juicier than my quant stuff. Although i find quant very..comforting. lol

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w7 sx/so
    Socionics
    N/A

I'm assuming some, if not, all mistyped. The probability of this variance occurring is almost nil.

What's your favorite "fabric"?

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4
    Socionics
    ILE

Quote Originally Posted by datagirl View Post
    The relationships ended in a very typical INTP fashion. I couldnt bear to talk to them properly/ be friends. I have personally cut them off but I put on the civilsed act and act happy to hear from them etc. It makes them feel better or something.)
    I find this part rather interesting.

What shortly happens before this that you think makes you begin to lose interest in your partner?
    I redact everything I have written or will write on this forum prior to, subsequent with and or after the fact of its writing. For entertainment purposes only and not to be taken seriously nor literally.

Quote Originally Posted by Edgar View Post
    Spamtar - a strange combination of boorish drunkeness and erudite discussions, or what I call "an Irish academic"

MBTI
    INTP

Actually the last relationship ended due to circumstance: moving away for work.

The first ended: because he didnt think we were compatible.

Both I took pretty hard so that's why its hard for me to remain friends. especially since it took me so long to accept the relationship and open up in the first place. So I dont want to be friends with them. But they seem to want to 'keep in touch' and no throw away what we had. I can't do that.

MBTI
    INTP

Apologies for the mistakes, I'm at work and have minimised this window that I can barely see what I am typing.

P.S: No need to make fun of fashion.

He who laughs
    Enneagram
    5w4

Quote Originally Posted by datagirl View Post
    Actually the last relationship ended due to circumstance: moving away for work.

The first ended: because he didnt think we were compatible.

Both I took pretty hard so that's why its hard for me to remain friends. especially since it took me so long to accept the relationship and open up in the first place. So I dont want to be friends with them. But they seem to want to 'keep in touch' and no throw away what we had. I can't do that.
    I have cut off all contact in the past. It was best for me atleast. Now I can be all sentimental about that time in my life, while still being confident of my decision.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by Craft View Post
    I'm assuming some, if not, all mistyped. The probability of this variance occurring is almost nil.
    My thoughts exactly.
    I'm not getting INTP vibes from this one.

Welcome, anyway.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ivy View Post
    Gosh, the world looks so small from up here on my high horse of menstruation.

MBTI
    INTP

due to spelling mistakes? i see. I must say, I do better with numbers more than words. Hence my profession. Or typing just isn't my Forte. But regardless, this automatically means I'm not an INTP? So other personality types can't spell as well? I must take that test again then.