User Tag List

123 Last

Thread: Nubbishness

no clinkz 'til brooklyn Nocapszy's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTP

Default Nubbishness

Well, I couldn't find the sub-forum where 0ldbs were sposta introduce themselves, so I guess I'll have to take my large post sack and wiggle into this tiny little place.

I don't really get these things... especially with the responses that normally contain nothing more then " herronub wercome to the forum
    :gi:"

Anyway, it's sort of an experiment. I guess I've developed an [appropriate] reputation as a rabble-rouser around here, and I'm curious if I'll get any less positive sentiment from the same people who ordinarily frequent these threads dropping the rope ladder, as it were.

Oh... I guess you'll wanna know some shit about me too.

Uhm... I study MBTI, and other psychology, physics; basically any book I can find, I'll read parts of it.

I'm currently working my way through my first C++ book. I've never been much of a programmer, but it's recently caught my fancy, so I'm dicking around with that a lot now.

I already have a blog somewhere around here. It's called "nonspecific title". I don't wanna go searching for the link which is ok, because if you're that fascinated by what I've got here, you'll look it up.

Also, I'm pretty misanthropic, for reasons I'm not entirely sure of. I think it's got more to do with my parents and advertising than with individuals. In fact, I'll talk to nearly anyone. It's my firm belief that there's a little bit of knowledge can be squeezed out of anyone no matter how dumb. You just gotta know where to look. I do, but usually I can find it elsewhere.

Hmm... maybe that's it.

I greatly dislike groups of people -- any group of people more than 10 strong with a single shared interest. It seems oddly reminiscent of communism. I do however enjoy collaborating with people, but it's especially fun for me, if they have a different end than I do. Or at least, if we are working together on the same project, then it's not like the 'main' thing. If they can't pass these tests, I usually stay away.

I'm in an annoying mood. I've heard EN_Ps are dependent on the 'flow of intuitive energy' and that they get irritated when it's stifled. Maybe it's that.

I also think I'm sleep deprived. Maybe not sleeping deters my intuitive energy flow.
    we fukin won boys

MBTI
    INTJ

Glad you finally gave in and decided to introduce yourself.
    Is your avatar a photo of yourself?

MBTI
    ENTP

Yeah. Who else? My cousin? Hahaha.

Yeah I figured, since I'm clearly not as hated as I thought around here, I'd give it a go.

I've heard ENTPs struggle to gauge their relationships. To be honest, I've always thought I was pretty good at it, but lately, I've proven myself wrong (not just here).
    we fukin won boys

Enneagram
    827 sp/so

don't complain- some of us were busy all day long!

you just want welcome points don't you

well, Hello and welcome! please answer this!

http://www.typologycentral.com/forum...pe-survey.html

(there the n00b treatment for you!)
    “Oh, we're always alright. You remember that. We happen to other people.” -Terry Pratchett

~dangerous curves ahead~
    MBTI
    ENTP

how does a newbie welcome an oldie. *wonders*

what traits of the ENTP do you identify with actually. ENTPs are seldom misanthropes, my impression at least.

And oh yea, the obligatory

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6
    Socionics
    ????

Hi there!
    I think we have met in some thread!

MBTI
    INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by Nocapszy View Post
    Yeah. Who else? My cousin? Hahaha.
    Smart Aleck.
    I have learned not to jump to conclusions.

Yeah I figured, since I'm clearly not as hated as I thought around here, I'd give it a go.

I've heard ENTPs struggle to gauge their relationships. To be honest, I've always thought I was pretty good at it, but lately, I've proven myself wrong (not just here).
    Ah! So THAT's what NeTi stands for!

Though you seem a little like an INTP also.

The ENTPs here are entirely likable. No reason why people wouldn't like you, too - unless you go out of your way to be obnoxious, I guess.

MBTI
    ENTP

Quote Originally Posted by aelan View Post
    how does a newbie welcome an oldie. *wonders*
    Once the word "Junior" is replaced with "Senior" in the little tag under the

what traits of the ENTP do you identify with actually. ENTPs are seldom misanthropes, my impression at least. [/quote] Seldom doesn't mean never. ENFPs are even less commonly misanthropic, and yet our resident CaptainChick claims to be one.

What type do you think I am, out of curiosity?

To my reckoning, ENTP is the most likely of all extraverts to have any kind of misanthropic tendencies.

Think of me more as about at Jack Sparrow's level of extraversion -- he's not really all to dependent on people, and he only talks to them when he needs to.

As far as why I'm a misanthrope, I began to expound in the first post. I'm just frustrated with stupidity. Come to think of it, I think the misanthropy is partially a front -- an act. My social circle... oblong... whatever it is I have, which is small I admit, responds favorably to my critical remarks. Of course I couch these criticisms in humorous wrapping, to which I have even the most softhearted people laughing at.

I'm about to brag. I'm funny. I'm fucking hilarious. Just ask Dissonance. Not on here -- jokes are always lost without tone... I've all but given up making funnies on the internet. (please don't bother me with "a likely story" you guys don't have to believe me...)

Hmm... I guess I didn't really answer your question. Just a bunch of rationalizations. Well, I know I'm ENTP. You've heard of ENTP multitasking? I got that down (skimming wikipedia article on asbestos, talking to a few friends (IM), on and off between reading my new C++ book I told you guys about right now). Whatever inventiveness I employ is used primarily in social situations, but does leak its way into engineering a little bit. Of what is directed toward engineering is more specifically focused on electronics and computer programming, both of which I still, admittedly know little of.

How's that?

Everyone I know, who knows MBTI, (many: I taught some of them) say I'm undoubtedly the most NTP person they've ever met. Not one of them say I'm an introvert, but they do seem to agree that I'm not really really E. If that explains whatever misanthropy I spoke of...

And oh yea, the obligatory

I may have overdone this...

Ah well... I need to get a few things sorted out in my own head anyway. Read if you want. Don't if you don't.
    we fukin won boys

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram

yeah, based on 70+ hours of AIM discussion, i'd say Nocapszy is about as blatantly an ENTP as you can get.

MBTI
    ENTP

Quote Originally Posted by INTJMom View Post
    Smart Aleck.
    I have learned not to jump to conclusions.

Ah! So THAT's what NeTi stands for!

Though you seem a little like an INTP also.
    Despite what BlueWing will have you believe, I have great Ti. Also, I've played with the idea that I come here to use my Ti more than my Ne anyway. I figure, Ti requires solitude -- more specifically, it requires silence. If there's an excessive amount of noise, then it's all information to be taken in, which makes Ti's work much harder. It already has to muddle through the tangled mess of cords Ne brings in, but then with more and more being poured on top, Ti is apt to give way to the information stream.

So here is where I clarify my thoughts, because rather than speaking them, where there is a great deal of sound, I can 'hear' myself think, as I type it allowing me to work a 'checks and balances' system

. The repetitive clicking of the keys is of little hinderance to my Ti, as the sound dissolves after a while, much like the sound of the air conditioner 'disappears' until you hear it shut off a few minutes later.

The ENTPs here are entirely likable. No reason why people wouldn't like you, too
    Well apparently, given the rapid increase in reputation points, I'm not such a pain in the neck as I thought.
    unless you go out of your way to be obnoxious, I guess.
    In public, I often do. It's funnier. Here, it's probably just natural. I have a number of 'rebellious' viewpoints as Magic Poriferan [perhaps aptly] titled them.
    we fukin won boys