User Tag List

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    1w2

Default Greetings everybody

Well, I suppose I should make a post of introduction. While I work as a Web Developer in Calgary, Alberta, some of this psychology stuff is like a hobby to me. I've studied some Myers-Briggs, Enneagram and a few other typing systems that led me to some interesting revelations of myself. On Myers-Briggs I type as an INTJ, which can be an interesting type to be, though I guess each has its own interest in a sense. I tend to be rather open about almost anything though of the millions of ideas floating in my head, I'm not sure this post could hold them all.

In Enneagram terms, I type as a 1w2. I do tend to be the type that is always trying to do better while still being helpful in general. While I can give to those closer to me, it does take a lot of work to get close to me. I'm rather guarded about a lot of things, partially because of bullying when I was little though another factor is a somewhat dysfunctional family side. I grew up a Mama's boy where Mama ran the household but I ran Mama. I often got what I wanted in material terms but emotionally I was left wanting a lot more than I got. I didn't even do my own laundry until I was 22 and moved a couple thousand miles away from home. I was the kid that played by myself and found ways to entertain myself. This often meant I'd go through various phases where the focus of my learning was rather concentrated. A few examples would be my dinosaur phase where I got to know many names of dinosaurs and could talk about them for hours. There was a marine biology phase where I wanted to go live near Monkey Mia and live near the dolphins. There was an astronomy phase where I got all kinds of facts and figures about the planets memorized and enjoyed discussing various constellations and how to put things together.

I did graduate from university with a Double Honor's Bachelor of Mathematics with majors in Computer Science and Combinatorics & Optimization. I also completed a Pure Math minor but I couldn't get 3 things on my degree. While I was in the co-op program initially, my first work experience was a bit of a disaster where I ended up in counseling after the 2 months that I lasted before being asked to resign or be fired, my choice. I did go through many changes while in university as part of being there was getting into social circles and having my first girlfriend. I suppose if there are other questions I'll answer them but like I said above I know a million things about myself.

What's your favorite dinosaur?
    Your kisses, sweeter than honey. But guess what, so is my money.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    1w2

Default Well....

Quote Originally Posted by gromit View Post
    What's your favorite dinosaur?
    Ankylosaurus is I believe where my favorite was. Something armored and low to the ground seemed appealing to me back then.