User Tag List

Thread: Newb-to-Here

Default Newb-to-Here

Just a relatively quick introduction, here. Normally, I'm a pretty long-winded sort, but presently I am typing with a freshly broken hand which robs me of my full range of forum expression, heh. I can't type quickly enough to keep my train of thought, if that makes sense.

So, I've been studying various personality theories for about a dozen years, but MBTI was the start of it all. Actually, I transitioned into MBTI after reading Psychological Types, and I still approach MBTI from a "functional analysis" perspective.

As for my personal type, I'm in perpetual limbo... I don't trust any of the self-reporting instruments, and it's all to easy to see through test questions to know what they're trying to ascertain. Not that I want to "cheat", of course, but.... well, I figure ya'll know what I'm saying.

My first test was KTS about twelve years or so back. That one said INTJ. I've sort of ran the gamut of types since then, but for the most part the leaders for "most oft tested" are INTJ, ENTJ, ENTP, ISTP.

I've come to conclude that it depends on who's asking to a great degree. If you associate I/E strongly with sociability, it's best to consider me "I". I'm pretty externally-focused, but fairly asocial and don't like milling about in throngs of people, for instance.

For day-to-day mentality, ENTJ is a pretty good fit, and I tend to relate well to those rare ENTJs I encounter online.

In real life, I am a NICU respiratory therapist. Significant Life Hobbies include music, writing, art, martial arts, languages, and voracious reading. From the musical side, I fronted a few bands from age 18 to about 30. These days, I'm just doing some acoustic singer/songwriter stuff with occasional collaborations with other equally eclectic musicians.

The martial arts side has been since around age 8. I've trained significant chunks of time in Hapkido, Judo, Filipino Martial Arts, Brazilian JJ... though effectively nothing for the past two years as injuries have been telling me that my body is getting less willing to do THAT, haha.

Enough introductory prattling. Glad to find the place and look forward to reading and ranting with ya'll.

Your kisses, sweeter than honey. But guess what, so is my money.

Howdy! Glad to meet you. Oh, sorry about the broken hand.

It's always something... Array PuddleRiver's Avatar

Hi Welcome, glad to have you with us.

Broken hand :ouch:
    "In the depth of winter, I finally learned that within me there lay one invincible summer."
    A Christian's life may be the only Bible some people ever read.
    "The first time someone shows you who they are, believe them" Maya Angelou.
    I like your Christ. I do not like your Christians. Your Christians are so unlike your Christ" Gandhi