Thread: A confused XNTP

MBTI
    xNTP
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    ILE

Default A confused XNTP

Hello to all!

I'm an ENTP who sometimes tests as an INTP under social pressure. At least that's what I've deduced from the differing test results at various times in my life.

When I do get E or I they are very slight.

Have any insight into an xNTP?

Phantonym

Hello and welcome! And nope, never ever even heard of this kind - xNTP - you're speaking of, let alone have any kind of insight into them. You're on your own...with finding your path.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp

They're slippery. And they eat their own young.
    That's all I know.

Welcome!
    Quote Originally Posted by Ivy View Post
    Gosh, the world looks so small from up here on my high horse of menstruation.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so
    Socionics
    SLI None

Hello there new XNTP person. Confusion may be fixed by expert logical analysis on exactly the scale of probability of the level of introversion/extraversion you may be. Should probably interest you, perhaps, maybe. Welcome to the forums.

Maybe you're often around people who do not appreciate extraverted intuition?

MBTI
    ISFJ

I'd say it's more like for one to be an ENTP who tests as INTP than the other way around.

And I say it's very likely for ENPs to tests as I.

And I also say a bunch of other stuff, when I feel like it.

ReflecTcelfeR

I'd say it's simple... But it's not. I still have trouble deciding which function comes first. I have to step back and look at my thoughts and decide if I came up with an idea, spoke it and analyzed it through conversation or tried to learn everythingI could so that I could personally understand it and then come up with an idea from there. I admittedly do the first more I now realize, but this is not about me. I would ask yourself the same question and see what arrives from there.

MBTI
    xNTP
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    ILE

Quote Originally Posted by JAVO View Post
    Maybe you're often around people who do not appreciate extraverted intuition?
    Very asstute of you. I grew up (13 onward) in a very conservative evangelical social context. I would now characterize that social construct as a cult. And no my personality is not welcome there. I was the ass as much as I could be, but the lack of "appreciation" took a toll.

Quote Originally Posted by Moiety View Post
    I'd say it's more like for one to be an ENTP who tests as INTP than the other way around.

And I say it's very likely for ENPs to tests as I.

And I also say a bunch of other stuff, when I feel like it.
    I like what you say. You should do more of that when you feel like it.

Quote Originally Posted by ReflecttcelfeR View Post
    I'd say it's simple... But it's not. I still have trouble deciding which function comes first. I have to step back and look at my thoughts and decide if I came up with an idea, spoke it and analyzed it through conversation or tried to learn everything I could so that I could personally understand it and then come up with an idea from there. I admittedly do the first more I now realize, but this is not about me. I would ask yourself the same question and see what arrives from there.
    I very much like how you have addressed this. I think I must answer the same way, in that I put my ideas out there first. But I do wonder if the psychology of perception is both top down and bottom up. In other words it's synchronous rather than asynchronous.
    ENTP - ILE - 8w9 - RCOEI

ReflecTcelfeR

That is the hardest concept for me to grasp. The fact of the matter truly is like you said that they occur simultaneously. Perceiving is unconscious and is always technically first. I suppose the only difference between ENTP and INTP is that the 'I' forces themselves to stop and think about the perception instead of just blurting it out because it could exist, or some such. Most believe that in order to balance the types out each function individually has to act like a synergist to each other function. Just because you prefer a specific order does not mean you prefer a specific function, though some people do.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

Introverted means you get energy when alone and extroverted when you're with people. If anxiety produces extroversion... it can be that you are an introvert. Are you more likely to experience feeling worn out when you've been around people too long, or when you've been alone too long?