User Tag List

12 Last

MBTI
    IxxP

Default Looking for the right community to be a part of

Hello,

I've been a part of the internet culture since the early 90's. I've never really found a community to stay a part of for long term. Most of them usually the trolls and cliques turn my interest away from them after a while.

a few weeks ago I registered at another personality type forum. I'm not giving up on it just yet, but some of the chatter is starting to be repetitive, and some people I've noticed like to criticize others views and not provide any input of their own.

anyhow sorry for the rant. Just wanted to make my first post the introduction.

I'm at that point in my life where I need to stop repeating my previous ways of going about my thinking, and figured I should be a part of a community where I might be able to work out my thoughts & feelings. I have an idea of how I want to be, but some events in my past effected me and I didn't do anything at the time to work it out with myself. I only withdrew

Habitual Fi LineStepper JocktheMotie's Avatar

Hello and welcome to the forums.

Phantonym

Welcome!

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/so

welcome...i like your name...creates pretty lil images in my head... i hope you enjoy it here...nice to meet ya..i'm erin.
    There can’t be any large-scale revolution until there’s a personal revolution, on an individual level. It’s got to happen inside first.
    -Jim Morrison

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4

First off, welcome.

Quote Originally Posted by Bokeh View Post
    I've been a part of the internet culture since the early 90's. I've never really found a community to stay a part of for long term. Most of them usually the trolls and cliques turn my interest away from them after a while.
    Cliques are pretty hard to avoid on any longstanding message forum; the natural evolution of the system basically guarantees that the old timers will end up running the show and leading the discussion to some extent. The trick is finding a place where new voices are heard and appreciated in spite of the cliques, and few ideas are assassinated immediately by the "oh boy it's THIS thread again" and "hey here's a new poster let's torture him for no reason" crowds.

I'm at that point in my life where I need to stop repeating my previous ways of going about my thinking, and figured I should be a part of a community where I might be able to work out my thoughts & feelings.
    I haven't been here very long myself, but from what I've observed so far, it seems to be an adequate and relatively troll-free environment to do just that.
    83% I 70% N 64% T 73% P | 5w4 sp/so/sx | Chaotic Good

MBTI
    INFJ

Welcome, and good luck! I hope this forum works for you. This is the first internet forum I've ever been a part of, and I am very happy here (it is strange to talk about it like a place though -- being happy here, having cliques, etc.)

Welcome Bokeh.
    Your kisses, sweeter than honey. But guess what, so is my money.

Banned
    MBTI
    eNxp
    Enneagram
    5/7
    Socionics
    eii

Quote Originally Posted by Bokeh View Post
    I'm at that point in my life where I need to stop repeating my previous ways of going about my thinking, and figured I should be a part of a community where I might be able to work out my thoughts & feelings. I have an idea of how I want to be, but some events in my past effected me and I didn't do anything at the time to work it out with myself. I only withdrew
    This is the perfect place for that. Welcome!

Also, there is no sex in the champagne room. Don't find out the hard way.

MBTI
    INFP

Work on changing the way you respond internally and externally to trolls and cliques, and they will disappear. They will do so because you don't see them anymore, not because they aren't there.

It sounds impossible, but it's not.

Welcome

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4~9

Hello!
    I hope you will enjoy it here! I know I do
    "...Have you fallen in love with the wrong person yet?"
    Jace said, "Unfortunately, Lady of the Haven, my one true love remains myself."
    "At least," she said, "you don't have to worry about rejection, Jace Wayland"
    "Not necessarily. I turn myself down occasionally, just to keep it interesting"

- The City Of Bones

Here is my blog where I post my thoughts and feelings. Please have a go and comment if you like.