User Tag List

MBTI
    INFP

Default INFP, for the most part, I think

I'm an INFP whose historic high valuation of science/justice/equality led me to score INTP from the first time I took the test until I ended up in tears in a silly argument with a friend (boyfriend at the time) about who was more INTP. Then I reevaluated.

I -- not an extreme I (and since my introversion in childhood started following the death of a family member, I may be a very delayed E).
    N -- up the wazoo. 100% every time.
    F -- see above. Not sure how strong of an F I am.
    P -- again, up the wazoo. Case in point: I love making lists, but I get no satisfaction from crossing stuff off them.

I've stumbled across this site more than once, but today specifically because I'm trying to figure out how to, you know, function as a human being. Basically I'm very motivated by my values and problem-solving and thinking and not at all motivated by the mundane and boring and money. And this leads to problems like me forgetting to write down hours when working for clients (I am self-employed) or blowing off grocery shopping for good conversation.

I'm extremely values-driven (ever more nuanced and complex values) and passionate. I love creating things/problem solving/design, especially within parameters. I hate most routine (I can sometimes get over that by romanticizing it and making it pretty) but I love traditions. I find the world in general endlessly mesmerizing and interesting and tend to cross-apply knowledge/ideas/theories in my head experimentally. I love languages and words.

When I'm happy (my innate self), I'm gregarious, generous, effusive, open, energetic, optimistic, and enthusiastic. I'm game for anything*, full of idea after idea, and can't help but laugh and smile.

When I'm depressed, I'm judgmental, angry, frustrated, overly- AND un-empathetic, indecisive, fatigued, hopeless, and liable to rant about apathy and wrongness in the world.

How's that for an intro?

*If it doesn't violate my values
    Likes The Wailing Specter liked this post

Welcome, thinkling. Your name sounds CUTE. UGH and I can relate a lot to what you say about forgetting to write down hours, etc.
    Your kisses, sweeter than honey. But guess what, so is my money.

Phantonym

Welcome!

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sp/so
    Socionics
    INTj

Hiiii.
    Enneagram: 5w4 5-9-2 (5w4 9w1 2w1) sp/so

"Do not argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience." - Greg King
    The worst mistake people make in political arguments is assuming that the other side is not trying to do the right thing. This simple oversight makes productive conversation nearly impossible.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4~9

Heeeellooooooo ^^
    "...Have you fallen in love with the wrong person yet?"
    Jace said, "Unfortunately, Lady of the Haven, my one true love remains myself."
    "At least," she said, "you don't have to worry about rejection, Jace Wayland"
    "Not necessarily. I turn myself down occasionally, just to keep it interesting"

- The City Of Bones

Here is my blog where I post my thoughts and feelings. Please have a go and comment if you like.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx

Welcome! Rather descriptive intro you got there! Hopefully this forum helps you figure out how to function as a human being!

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5
    Socionics
    INFp

Hello. I am a complete noob myself, but I also first tested T about 20 years ago, when I first saw the MTBI test in book form at the University. Now I consistently test F, and all the descriptions fit me quite well. (I have embraced my own "F"iness.)

At the time of my T test, I was a Math student, now I am a Software Engineer. I think that I have survived in this field so long because, to me, these are art forms. (I think I am somewhat unique among my colleagues in this view.)

INFP
    4w5 so or 9w1 sx -- testing conflicts, still trying to decide

You sound very interesting.

Grocery shopping is evil, inefficient, and is contributing to the decline of modern civilization.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4

From the description, you definitely sound like an INFP.

I like INFPs.

Welcome!
    83% I 70% N 64% T 73% P | 5w4 sp/so/sx | Chaotic Good