User Tag List

12 Last

Default I change personality types based on mood

I have taken the test multiple times. Each time I take it I come up with a different combination of types. Worse yet, I can see my core self in all aspect of all types, meaning I feel as though I am all of them at once.

This may or may not have anything to do with my rapid cycling of emotions (every 5 minutes my purpose in life changes and I'm going insane because of it). Why, just 5 minutes ago I wanted to work for NASA, and now I don't want to do that and have no idea what I want to do. Now that I'm typing this I feel as though I want to become a writer, but I know this emotional high will come crashing down in a few moments as I realize I don't want to do that either.

It's hard to go through life without goals. When you have so many goals, you often have buyer's remorse and wish you had done something else. This leads to habitual quitting and looking for the next best thing, without actually finishing everything.

There have been times where (this hasn't to do with careers) I have been fun-loving, funny, and completely outgoing, and the moments later, often without any outside influence, I completely change character. Just the other day I went to a friends' wedding and completely shut myself off from the reception and couldn't feel the music to dance to.

Does anyone else have this? I looked up the four temperaments of personality types and realized I am all 4 at once, and none of them at the same time. How do I deal with life? College is hard, I have quit several times looking for something else. I have changed majors each time I return. What am I to do without ruining my life, turning out to be a 55 year old unsatisfied man, and living out of garbage cans?

Or is that survival instinct what I need? To be on the ropes and have to fight my way out. It seems as if my life only has purpose when I am fighting to survive.

-Confused

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    8w9

Feeler.

jk, WELCOME!

He who laughs
    Enneagram
    5w4

go see a psychiatrist if you can see yourself in all types.

I notice that I am perfectly adaptable to all situations. Many people seek out other people, places, ideas, and situations that compliment their personality. I, on the other hand, don't have a core personality. I feel like a chameleon. The one good thing about it though, is that when I immerse myself intensely and 150% into a subject I can conquer it very quickly.

So when trying to pick a life course I am stuck, but if situated in a course I will excel because I mold perfectly to whatever life gives me.

How screwed up is that? I am a Veteran of the Army as well, and although I was the 'perfect soldier' I was not happy. So there is no correlation between happiness and performance. I'm just searching for that thing that makes me happy in which I can devote my entire life to.

Does this make any sense?

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram

Do you have your test results saved anywhere? It might help others type you if we can compare your functions from test to test. There might be a pattern or sorts. If you have them, it might be helpful to post them so we can see.
    "What's Taters, Precious?" --- Gollum.

"Bring your pretty face, to my axe". --- Gimly.

I wish I could post them all here, unfortunately I don't have any tests. Believe me when I tell you that they are all over the place. Each time I take it I literally go from introvert to extrovert, from thinker to feeler, etc. It's like a grab-bag.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by Confused View Post
    I wish I could post them all here, unfortunately I don't have any tests. Believe me when I tell you that they are all over the place. Each time I take it I literally go from introvert to extrovert, from thinker to feeler, etc. It's like a grab-bag.

http://www.typologycentral.com/forum...sses-test.html

Try this test. Take it when you're in different moods if you think to, and it might help us type you!

I also know how it feels to not have a core sense of self, and this is attrbuted to Ni Fe dominance. However, it could also mean any number of things to do with your overall health such as diabetic/ hydration/ age and stage hormones But I would just start with this test!

ognitive Process Level of Development (Preference, Skill and Frequency of Use)
    extraverted Sensing (Se) *********************************** (35.7)
    good use
    introverted Sensing (Si) **************************** (28.7)
    average use
    extraverted Intuiting (Ne) ********************************* (33.6)
    good use
    introverted Intuiting (Ni) ************************************* (37.8)
    excellent use
    extraverted Thinking (Te) ********************************* (33.6)
    good use
    introverted Thinking (Ti) *************************** (27.6)
    average use
    extraverted Feeling (Fe) ********************* (21.9)
    limited use
    introverted Feeling (Fi) ********************* (21.7)
    limited use
    Summary Analysis of Profile
    By focusing on the strongest configuration of cognitive processes, your pattern of responses most closely matches individuals of this type: ENTJ

Lead (Dominant) Process
    Extraverted Thinking (Te): Measuring and constructing for progress. Making decisions objectively based on evidence and measures. Checking if things function properly. Applying a procedure to control events and complete goals.

Support (Auxilliary) Process
    Introverted Intuiting (Ni): Transforming with a meta-perspective. Withdrawing from the world and focusing your mind to receive an insight or realization. Checking if synergy results. Trying out a realization to transform things.

I answered 90% of the questions as "Somewhat me", so the few I did answer either "not me" or "always me" were the ones that made the test. I went through the test changing my answers multiple times because I couldn't decide on the right on for most questions. In the end I used "somewhat me" just to finish it because I realized that this can sometimes be me and other times won't be me.

I will try this again tomorrow.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by Confused View Post
    I answered 90% of the questions as "Somewhat me", so the few I did answer either "not me" or "always me" were the ones that made the test. I went through the test changing my answers multiple times because I couldn't decide on the right on for most questions. In the end I used "somewhat me" just to finish it because I realized that this can sometimes be me and other times won't be me.

I will try this again tomorrow.

It would likely be more helpful if you sat on taking the test for maybe a week or so. If you are Ni dominant as I sensed you to be, you will need to give it time and space to process. It looks as though you have high Ni, and at this point despite being frustrating, NOT thinking about your type for a week or so would be beneficial.

However, if you want to take the test again tomorrow, I'm not going to stop you

Some time in the funny threads also helps. Take care!