User Tag List

First 123 Last

Thread: ENFJ

MBTI
    ENFJ

Quote Originally Posted by MacGuffin View Post
    I picked it out myself!
    It is sweet, seriously.

So, I am all excited. I think I found an ENFJ for you. Did you see? Ender Wiggins! If you have not yet read Enders Game you have to do so now. One of the best books ever!

Permabanned
    MBTI
    xkcd
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/sp
    Socionics
    INT_

Quote Originally Posted by LilyLOL View Post
    It is sweet, seriously.

So, I am all excited. I think I found an ENFJ for you. Did you see? Ender Wiggins! If you have not yet read Enders Game you have to do so now. One of the best books ever!
    Ender? He's more INTP...

MBTI
    ENFJ

Ender? He's more INTP...

Could be, but I always related to him utterly. All the way thru to my fear of being like Peter, what I could be like if I used my understanding of people against them. I hold that he is ENFJ, but I suppose we'd hae to ask Orson.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    xkcd
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/sp
    Socionics
    INT_

Could be, but I always related to him utterly. All the way thru to my fear of being like Peter, what I could be like if I used my understanding of people against them. I hold that he is ENFJ, but I suppose we'd hae to ask Orson.
    He just wasn't very extraverted at all. I saw him more as a Type 9 than anything (but that's not MBTI).

Welcome. Is it ok if I just call you LOL? LOL

MBTI
    ENFJ

He just wasn't very extraverted at all. I saw him more as a Type 9 than anything (but that's not MBTI).
    The Extrovert thing threw me, too. But ENFJs (from my noob powers of assessment -- ha!) seem to be extroverts of a different sort. ENFJs are reflective, they show people what they think they need to see. We are really generous and open in that way, but turned inward with regard to our true nature and feelings and passions.

Do we know what Oprah is really like? Really? Everyone knows Oprah, NO ONE knows Oprah. She is a perfect example of the ENFJ extroversion. We do see the real Oprah, but not the INNER Oprah. I am not sure if that makes sense or not, but when I learned my type I was like... extroverted?? Really? But so few people KNOW me. Then I learned Oprah was one of us and it clicked. Nearly everyone at my work knows me and we get along great, but I have no friends at work.

I would love to know what others think about the Andrew "Ender" Wiggins question.

MBTI
    ENFJ

Quote Originally Posted by JAVO View Post
    Welcome. Is it ok if I just call you LOL? LOL
    LOL

LOL

Nearly everyone at my work knows me and we get along great, but I have no friends at work.
    Would you really want friends at work though? Are you happy keeping your inner self inner? I get along well with several people, but I'm not sure I want to have someone bridging that personal friend to work gap. I have a good INTJ friend I used to work with. We talked and interacted more when we worked together, but I think we're actually better friends now that we don't work together.

MBTI
    ENFJ

Quote Originally Posted by JAVO View Post

Would you really want friends at work though? Are you happy keeping your inner self inner? I get along well with several people, but I'm not sure I want to have someone bridging that personal friend to work gap. I have a good INTJ friend I used to work with. We talked and interacted more when we worked together, but I think we're actually better friends now that we don't work together.
    You know... this is something I am struggling with, and I guess one of the reasons I am here.

Do I accept that being lonely is the human condition?
    Is it the human condition, or only for weirdos like me (just kidding, not kidding, just kidding... )

Perhaps I am overthinking things and perhaps I should just try harder to cultivate friendships outside of work.

You know... this is something I am struggling with, and I guess one of the reasons I am here.

Do I accept that being lonely is the human condition?
    Is it the human condition, or only for weirdos like me (just kidding, not kidding, just kidding... )

Perhaps I am overthinking things and perhaps I should just try harder to cultivate friendships outside of work.
    I'm such a weirdo that it took me until age 27 to really understand how to make friends.

I think loneliness is the human drive to connect with others, and is part of the human condition as much as hunger. Our society conditions us to feed both drives with fast food and junk food, neither of which fully meets the basic need. Both technology and consumerism play a major role in this. Part of the solution is to select friends with thought over convenience, and to purposely cultivate deeper friendships.

Are you in some type of leadership position at work? That would make making friends at work very challenging.