First 45678 Last

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    8w7 sx/so
    Socionics
    EIE

Quote Originally Posted by Cbelle View Post
    I'm a Christian. There's nothing against kissing in Christianity. It's just that I haven't found my lover yet. My lips will be his.

Oh thank you dearly for the tips! That is helpful and nice, even though you are pagan. I will make good use of Today's Posts.

I write stories and poems, little bits of formless writing, I write in my journal (which is a boring word for all the dynamite that is in it), I've never been published, at least not in my mind (tiny publications do not count) and I figure my life as a writer will be a failure since I have a lack of self-discipline and tend to be impulsive about starting new projects (and using parentheses)... and so here I quit.

Awwww That's very, very cute.

Just hang in there, dream up new things and continue writing.
    An idea that I have found to be helpful for writing fantasy is that whenever you get a new idea and start a new project, try to incorporate it with your previous projects so that the entire thing finally creates a world that is big, full of stuff and very diverse.
    Doesn't matter if you squeeze it all into one planet or many worlds linked by gates or somehow.
    Just make it work, if it's doable.

Now, I don't know if it is fantasy that you write, but it would seem likely.
    Continue writing, drawing and dreaming.

Mightier than the tread of marching armies is the power of an idea whose time has come

MBTI
    ENFP
    Socionics
    ENFp

Quote Originally Posted by Beat View Post
    Which part of the country are you from?
    Inland Northwest. Spokane, home of me.
    WANTED: Somebody to go back in time with me.
    P.O. Box 322, Spokane, WA. You'll get
    paid after we get back. Must bring your own
    weapons. Safety not guaranteed. I have only done
    this once before.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Socionics
    ENFp

Quote Originally Posted by YourLocalJesus View Post
    Awwww That's very, very cute.

Just hang in there, dream up new things and continue writing.
    An idea that I have found to be helpful for writing fantasy is that whenever you get a new idea and start a new project, try to incorporate it with your previous projects so that the entire thing finally creates a world that is big, full of stuff and very diverse.
    Doesn't matter if you squeeze it all into one planet or many worlds linked by gates or somehow.
    Just make it work, if it's doable.

Now, I don't know if it is fantasy that you write, but it would seem likely.
    Continue writing, drawing and dreaming.
    Thank you dearly sir!

I used to write fantasy but it's not so much my thing as brusque and almost adultish coming-of-age novels, and/or exciting historical fiction. However, I have done some of that incorporating in the past... thanks for reminding me, maybe I'll try that when my next idea flash hits me.

And sir what do you do to occupy your time? (I know this thread is about me, but I feel so impolite talking about my silly self!)
    this once before.

MBTI
    ISTx

Inland Northwest. Spokane, home of me.
    Oh, right on. My dad is from Spokane... I've never been there. I'm moving to Seattle in a couple of weeks though.

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    8w7 sx/so
    Socionics
    EIE

Thank you dearly sir!

I used to write fantasy but it's not so much my thing as brusque and almost adultish coming-of-age novels, and/or exciting historical fiction. However, I have done some of that incorporating in the past... thanks for reminding me, maybe I'll try that when my next idea flash hits me.

And sir what do you do to occupy your time? (I know this thread is about me, but I feel so impolite talking about my silly self!)

I guess the incorporation-technique could be used in non-fiction as well, but in a more limited capacity.
    Well, madame, I work with autists for a living, spend time at the gym, read a lot, shoot guns, read about and look at motorcycles (gonna get one next summer)...
    I've got so many interests that they are hard to list. I mostly collect useful information, knowledge and things that amuse me.
    Then I incorporate it into the big picture. I see the world as a puzzle, and i'm trying to grasp the essential entirety of the picture.
    My main interest has always been history and related subjects. Knowledge is my thing. Especially military things.
    Apart from that, I write when I feel like it.

So, now you can feel less bad, even if the purpose of this thread is about you That was also cute, by the way.

Now, what do you do to occupy your time, fair lady?

Mightier than the tread of marching armies is the power of an idea whose time has come

MBTI
    ENFP
    Socionics
    ENFp

Oh, right on. My dad is from Spokane... I've never been there. I'm moving to Seattle in a couple of weeks though.
    Where do you hail from originally? You should come visit Spokane if the opportunity arises. It's a beautiful strange little city.
    this once before.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Socionics
    ENFp

Quote Originally Posted by YourLocalJesus View Post
    I guess the incorporation-technique could be used in non-fiction as well, but in a more limited capacity.
    Well, madame, I work with autists for a living, spend time at the gym, read a lot, shoot guns, read about and look at motorcycles (gonna get one next summer)...
    I've got so many interests that they are hard to list. I mostly collect useful information, knowledge and things that amuse me.
    Then I incorporate it into the big picture. I see the world as a puzzle, and i'm trying to grasp the essential entirety of the picture.
    My main interest has always been history and related subjects. Knowledge is my thing. Especially military things.
    Apart from that, I write when I feel like it.

So, now you can feel less bad, even if the purpose of this thread is about you That was also cute, by the way.

Now, what do you do to occupy your time, fair lady?
    I like this military/shoot guns/motorcycle thing you have going. I understand the collecting of useful and interesting material. Sometimes I wonder if listing interests is inadequate.

My time is filled with knowledgable and/or wild conversations, imagining I am something or something else, daydreaming, catching frogs, working as a receptionist for a construction and casework company. I think cabinets are sexy.

Now I would write more if I hadn't brought a tree frog into the house to sit by me while I checked Facebook and Personality Cafe and Typology Central. He's being a good sport and I think I should let him go for the time being. He's about the size of my ring finger nail.
    this once before.

MBTI
    ISTx

Where do you hail from originally? You should come visit Spokane if the opportunity arises. It's a beautiful strange little city.
    I've heard pleasant things about Spokane. I may go through there (depending on if I fly or drive for my move).

I'm from San Francisco originally, but currently living in Tennessee. I've been with my parents here since I've discharged from the service. For the past several years I've been stationed on the coast in North Carolina.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Socionics
    ENFp

I've heard pleasant things about Spokane. I may go through there (depending on if I fly or drive for my move).

I'm from San Francisco originally, but currently living in Tennessee. I've been with my parents here since I've discharged from the service. For the past several years I've been stationed on the coast in North Carolina.
    Wow, I have barely been out of the Northwest. I love it here but I'd also love to see other exciting places! I will say right now that I'm not into original-born Tennesseeans (and I can't exactly tell you why) so I am glad to hear you are actually from the fantastic San Francisco. I've always wanted to go there. Smog and fog can be so beautiful!!
    this once before.

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    8w7 sx/so
    Socionics
    EIE

I like this military/shoot guns/motorcycle thing you have going. I understand the collecting of useful and interesting material. Sometimes I wonder if listing interests is inadequate.

My time is filled with knowledgable and/or wild conversations, imagining I am something or something else, daydreaming, catching frogs, working as a receptionist for a construction and casework company. I think cabinets are sexy.

Now I would write more if I hadn't brought a tree frog into the house to sit by me while I checked Facebook and Personality Cafe and Typology Central. He's being a good sport and I think I should let him go for the time being. He's about the size of my ring finger nail.

Thank you kindly. I like it as well

Those sound like nice things to do. Does your job leave you socially exhausted at the end of the day so that you retreat into solitude and nerdy interests?

Catching frogs is fun. And the small ones are horribly cute. Is the wart thing a myth?