User Tag List

12 Last

Thread: Hello

Default Hello

I have been visiting the INFP & INTP boards and doing a lot of reading. I have tested ISTP, INTP & INFP. It seems that differing sides of my personality come out depending on whom I am with. When I am with someone I feel comfortable with I laugh and joke, I can even be silly in short bursts. When someone needs information or when I am concentrating on something I am serious and precise in how I give the answer. I want to make sure I am understood when I do. If I do not know I will say so, but then I am driven to find out. I do not like to be interrupted when I am trying to do something. I have worked at a Developmental Center for 18+ years, the last 3 as a supervisor. I am not comfortable being a leader, but it was a way to get to the position I did want. I don't really want to follow either, I would rather make my own path with a simple outline for what my duties are. I have designed and built a modest "Tranquility" garden with a waterfall and pond. I assisted my husband when we built (hands on) our 2 car garage and deck. I enjoy photography, music (all types) and bird watching. I also ride a motorcycle and have been to an advanced riders course. I have a tendency to observe people's action and body language as much as listen to what they are saying verbally.
    "One day your life will flash before your eyes. Make sure its worth watching"I(95%) N(53%) T(84%) J(58%)
    5 sp/sx/so varient Global 5: sloan RCOEI; r|C|oei; primary Calm; R(66%)C(76%)O(58%)E(66%)I(62%)

~dangerous curves ahead~
    MBTI
    ENTP

Hello and welcome.

You could have borderline functions, not that it is anything to worry about. Which do you feel more like?

* NFs here have tended to choose cats as avatars

Quote Originally Posted by aelan View Post
    Hello and welcome.

You could have borderline functions, not that it is anything to worry about. Which do you feel more like?

* NFs here have tended to choose cats as avatars
    LOL... I did have 3 others that I use to choose from

Me not Me

ISTP

hidden, private, has trouble describing feelings, not very affectionate, loner tendencies, lower energy, can be insensitive to the misfortunes of others, disorganized, messy, fears drawing attention to self, anti-tattoos, anti counter culture, not comfortable in unfamiliar situations, avoidant, rather unemotional, does not like attention, more interested in intellectual pursuits than relationships or family, hermitic, not complimentary, dislikes leadership, more submissive then domineering

INTP

loner, more interested in intellectual pursuits than relationships or family, wrestles with the meaninglessness of existence, likes esoteric things, disorganized, messy, likes science fiction, can be lonely, observer, private, can't describe feelings easily, detached, likes solitude, not revealing, unemotional, rule breaker, avoidant, familiar with the darkside, skeptical, acts without consulting others, does not think they are weird but others do, socially uncomfortable, abrupt, fantasy prone, does not like happy people, appreciates strangeness, frequently loses things, acts without planning, guarded, not punctual, more likely to support marijuana legalization, not prone to compromise, hard to persuade, relies on mind more than on others, calm

INFP

creative, smart, idealist, loner, attracted to sad things, disorganized, avoidant, can be overwhelmed by unpleasant feelings, prone to quitting, prone to feelings of loneliness, ambivalent of the rules, solitary, daydreams about people to maintain a sense of closeness, focus on fantasies, acts without planning, low self confidence, emotionally moody, can feel defective, prone to lateness, likes esoteric things, wounded at the core, feels shame, frequently losing things, prone to sadness, prone to dreaming about a rescuer, disorderly, observer, easily distracted, does not like crowds, can act without thinking, private, can feel uncomfortable around others, familiar with the darkside, hermit, more likely to support marijuana legalization, can sabotage self, likes the rain, sometimes can't control fearful thoughts, prone to crying, prone to regret, attracted to the counter culture, can be submissive, prone to feeling discouraged, frequently second guesses self, not punctual, not always prepared, can feel victimized, prone to confusion, prone to irresponsibility, can be pessimistic

That's a start
    Attached Images Attached Images
    "One day your life will flash before your eyes. Make sure its worth watching"I(95%) N(53%) T(84%) J(58%)
    5 sp/sx/so varient Global 5: sloan RCOEI; r|C|oei; primary Calm; R(66%)C(76%)O(58%)E(66%)I(62%)

MBTI
    INFP

Quote Originally Posted by AliciaS2R View Post
    LOL... I did have 3 others that I use to choose from

Me not Me

ISTP

hidden, private, has trouble describing feelings, not very affectionate, loner tendencies, lower energy, can be insensitive to the misfortunes of others, disorganized, messy, fears drawing attention to self, anti-tattoos, anti counter culture, not comfortable in unfamiliar situations, avoidant, rather unemotional, does not like attention, more interested in intellectual pursuits than relationships or family, hermitic, not complimentary, dislikes leadership, more submissive then domineering

INTP

loner, more interested in intellectual pursuits than relationships or family, wrestles with the meaninglessness of existence, likes esoteric things, disorganized, messy, likes science fiction, can be lonely, observer, private, can't describe feelings easily, detached, likes solitude, not revealing, unemotional, rule breaker, avoidant, familiar with the darkside, skeptical, acts without consulting others, does not think they are weird but others do, socially uncomfortable, abrupt, fantasy prone, does not like happy people, appreciates strangeness, frequently loses things, acts without planning, guarded, not punctual, more likely to support marijuana legalization, not prone to compromise, hard to persuade, relies on mind more than on others, calm

INFP

creative, smart, idealist, loner, attracted to sad things, disorganized, avoidant, can be overwhelmed by unpleasant feelings, prone to quitting, prone to feelings of loneliness, ambivalent of the rules, solitary, daydreams about people to maintain a sense of closeness, focus on fantasies, acts without planning, low self confidence, emotionally moody, can feel defective, prone to lateness, likes esoteric things, wounded at the core, feels shame, frequently losing things, prone to sadness, prone to dreaming about a rescuer, disorderly, observer, easily distracted, does not like crowds, can act without thinking, private, can feel uncomfortable around others, familiar with the darkside, hermit, more likely to support marijuana legalization, can sabotage self, likes the rain, sometimes can't control fearful thoughts, prone to crying, prone to regret, attracted to the counter culture, can be submissive, prone to feeling discouraged, frequently second guesses self, not punctual, not always prepared, can feel victimized, prone to confusion, prone to irresponsibility, can be pessimistic

That's a start
    Good evening to you...
    Where did you find all these one line descriptions?

Quote Originally Posted by Jive A Turkey View Post
    Good evening to you...
    Where did you find all these one line descriptions?
    Similarminds.com under "personality types"

Thank you for the welcome.

MBTI
    eNFJ
    Enneagram
    4w3 sx/so
    Socionics
    eNFJ Ni

Glad to have you here, Alicia!

I'm a little puzzled by some of the things on the lists... ISTPs *not* being counter-culture or being against tattoos strikes me as a little odd.

Glad to see you're not attracted to sad things though . *NF emo fit*
    eNFJ 4w3 sx/so 468 tritype
    Neutral Good
    EII-Fi subtype, Ethical/Empath, Delta/Beta
    RLUEI, Choleric/Melancholic
    Inquistive/Limbic
    AIS Holland code
    Researcher: VDI-P
    Dramatic>Sensitive>Serious

It's always something... PuddleRiver's Avatar
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    5w6

Hey there, AliciaS2R! Welcome, glad to have you here.
    "In the depth of winter, I finally learned that within me there lay one invincible summer."
    ~~~~
    A Christian's life may be the only Bible some people ever read.
    ~~~~
    "The first time someone shows you who they are, believe them" Maya Angelou.
    ~~~~
    I like your Christ. I do not like your Christians. Your Christians are so unlike your Christ" Gandhi
    ~~~~

Enneagram
    827 sp/so

Hello! (and welcome!)
    “Oh, we're always alright. You remember that. We happen to other people.” -Terry Pratchett

insert random title here Randomnity's Avatar
    MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    6w5 sp/sx

Hi, welcome. From your analysis of the descriptions, you seem istp, but there are quite a few of each of those types here, which might help you see which group fits you best (if any).

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6
    Socionics
    ????

Hello!