MBTI
    COOL
    Enneagram
    5w4
    Socionics
    Dino None

Welcome.
    Quote Originally Posted by Thalassa View Post
    Oh our 3rd person reference to ourselves denotes nothing more than we realize we are epic characters on the forum.

Narcissism, plain and simple.

MBTI
    INTP

hello

Quote Originally Posted by Randomnity View Post
    Hi, welcome. From your analysis of the descriptions, you seem istp, but there are quite a few of each of those types here, which might help you see which group fits you best (if any).
    I would say from those descriptions ISTP fits me best, but other desciptions of ISTP seem to include traits that are not like me at all.

Thank you all for your warm welcome.
    "One day your life will flash before your eyes. Make sure its worth watching"I(95%) N(53%) T(84%) J(58%)
    5 sp/sx/so varient Global 5: sloan RCOEI; r|C|oei; primary Calm; R(66%)C(76%)O(58%)E(66%)I(62%)

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

Quote Originally Posted by AliciaS2R View Post
    I have been visiting the INFP & INTP boards and doing a lot of reading. I have tested ISTP, INTP & INFP. It seems that differing sides of my personality come out depending on whom I am with. When I am with someone I feel comfortable with I laugh and joke, I can even be silly in short bursts. When someone needs information or when I am concentrating on something I am serious and precise in how I give the answer. I want to make sure I am understood when I do. If I do not know I will say so, but then I am driven to find out. I do not like to be interrupted when I am trying to do something. I have worked at a Developmental Center for 18+ years, the last 3 as a supervisor. I am not comfortable being a leader, but it was a way to get to the position I did want. I don't really want to follow either, I would rather make my own path with a simple outline for what my duties are. I have designed and built a modest "Tranquility" garden with a waterfall and pond. I assisted my husband when we built (hands on) our 2 car garage and deck. I enjoy photography, music (all types) and bird watching. I also ride a motorcycle and have been to an advanced riders course. I have a tendency to observe people's action and body language as much as listen to what they are saying verbally.
    Hello, AliciaS2R. Welcome to MBTI Central. Feel free to ask any questions you may have about MBTI or general psychology.

You're quite balanced if you test as so many types.

You definitely sound like an Introvert, though. A practical introvert. ISTP is my guess, too.

That's a good way to find their intent. I try to pay attention to cues like that as well.

MBTI
    INTJ

I would say from those descriptions ISTP fits me best, but other descriptions of ISTP seem to include traits that are not like me at all.

Thank you all for your warm welcome.
    Welcome!

I have 2 ISTPs in my family and I don't think either one of them are anti-culture, nor are they necessarily anti-tattoos, so those 2 red items I don't think describes every ISTP.

As a matter of fact, what I've learned is that no profile fits anyone 100%, so I think you just go with the one that fits you the best, but at the same time, you want to look at profiles from different authors, so you get a full picture.

Also, there's a lot of folks on this forum who understand "cognitive functions" really well and they might be able to help you figure out your dominant function, which would in turn help you define your type.

Here's a couple of good descriptions if you're still trying to decide:
    ISTP - Introverted Thinking with Sensing
    INTP - Introverted Thinking with Intuition

The Personality Type Portraits

Your kitty cat is beautiful!

Quote Originally Posted by INTJMom View Post
    Welcome!

I have 2 ISTPs in my family and I don't think either one of them are anti-culture, nor are they necessarily anti-tattoos, so those 2 red items I don't think describes every ISTP.

As a matter of fact, what I've learned is that no profile fits anyone 100%, so I think you just go with the one that fits you the best, but at the same time, you want to look at profiles from different authors, so you get a full picture.

Also, there's a lot of folks on this forum who understand "cognitive functions" really well and they might be able to help you figure out your dominant function, which would in turn help you define your type.

Here's a couple of good descriptions if you're still trying to decide:
    ISTP - Introverted Thinking with Sensing
    INTP - Introverted Thinking with Intuition

The Personality Type Portraits

Your kitty cat is beautiful!
    That ISTP profile seems very close to the mark, thank you for the link.

The cat, Luna, came to live with me appx ~ 12 years ago. She is my "Diana" the huntress, and a real sweetheart.
    "One day your life will flash before your eyes. Make sure its worth watching"I(95%) N(53%) T(84%) J(58%)
    5 sp/sx/so varient Global 5: sloan RCOEI; r|C|oei; primary Calm; R(66%)C(76%)O(58%)E(66%)I(62%)

Quote Originally Posted by athenian200 View Post
    Hello, AliciaS2R. Welcome to MBTI Central. Feel free to ask any questions you may have about MBTI or general psychology.

You're quite balanced if you test as so many types.

You definitely sound like an Introvert, though. A practical introvert. ISTP is my guess, too.

That's a good way to find their intent. I try to pay attention to cues like that as well.
    I'm thinking that it is ISTP also.

MBTI
    INTJ

That ISTP profile seems very close to the mark, thank you for the link.

The cat, Luna, came to live with me appx ~ 12 years ago. She is my "Diana" the huntress, and a real sweetheart.
    I'm glad that link helped you!

Aww. We have a huntress as well, for every winter we have at least one mouse try to move in. But she faithfully catches them and lays them dead at my daughter's feet!