User Tag List

First 123 Last

Enneagram
    827 sp/so

Hello!
    “Oh, we're always alright. You remember that. We happen to other people.” -Terry Pratchett

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6
    Socionics
    ????

Hi!

Hello =)
    Introverted: 100%
    INtuition: 95%
    Feeling: 58%
    Perceiving: 89%

5w4 sp/sx

INFP.gc

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

Quote Originally Posted by Ender View Post
    I generally don't do these introduction threads, but more and more people keep telling me I need to "step outside of my safe zone" so I'll give it a shot.

Ennegram wise while I have a strong 4w5 side to me. I tend to be primarily 7. I can swap between sx/sp and sp/sx depending on the situation was well.

I'm probably not the typical INFP in terms of interests. I'm not a major fan of Art/English etc. I'm more of a science/technology kinda guy.

Growing up I was very Calvin & Hobbes-ish. Tho there wasn't a Susie. It was just me and my dog out in the creeks/fields/parks from sun up to sundown. Don't think I really had any type of "friendship" with anyone until high school.

When it comes to music I can't say that I have any favorite artists, or a favorite genre of music. I tend to gravitate to music more on an emotional level. I listen to songs for the words, and tend to change what I'm listening to based on whats going on with my life. In a way I used them to express how I'm feeling at the moment. It's not uncommon for me to switch from Rock to Techno to Alternative to Country music.

I spend a lot of time reading when I get in the mood. Usually it's either tech news, sci-fi/cyberpunk or fantasy.

I tend to go against the grain when it comes to fads. I don't have an iPod, I have a Creative Zen, I don't own an iPhone, I have an LG Prada.

Humor wise I can be sarcastic/sadistic at times.

I love snow, I hate winter.. Snow is fun to drive in, the cold I can do without.

I'm a car nut, especially anything GM. Mainly for their nickname as "Generic Motors". I love finding new uses for things, so a company that as a rule uses the same parts across 10 different cars draws me to them as I can get creative and add Camero parts to my Grand Prix etc. Plus messin with them is dirt cheap.

When it comes to religions I have no use for them. While I agree that things like the bible can be a good thing morally, I don't agree with the idea of people basing their lives and their views on whats written in them word for word. There is such a thing as taking religion to far in my eyes, generally I don't care what your religion is, as long as you don't try and force it on me.

Which I guess brings me to my political views. Generally I'm very Liberal, however on certain subjects I can be extremely Right Wing. I'm jaded with the world at large due to the ever increasing "Nanny State" attitude. With any luck my future kid(s) won't turn out like me, otherwise they're gonna end up with quite the criminal record, as I dislike being told I can or can't do something because I may get hurt. I'm aware of the risks, I've accepted them, go away and leave me alone.

I guess to stop this from being a biography sized novel, I'll leave the rest for people to find out through posts etc.
    Hello, Ender. Welcome to MBTI Central. Feel free to ask any questions you may have about MBTI or general psychology.

How close is your T/F score, out of curiosity? You seem like an INFP with INTP tendencies.

I'm not particularly religious either... I just don't feel I can judge people on something without really knowing more about it for certain. I don't have that raw "faith" in me.

What do you mean by "Nanny State"? I've never heard that term.

Quote Originally Posted by PinkPiranha View Post
    Hi, Ender. Here to play your game?

*shows geekness* lol
    I was going to say the same thing.

Welcome Ender.

Accept the past. Live for the present. Look forward to the future.
    Robot Fusion
    "As our island of knowledge grows, so does the shore of our ignorance." John Wheeler
    "[A] scientist looking at nonscientific problems is just as dumb as the next guy." Richard Feynman
    "[P]etabytes of [] data is not the same thing as understanding emergent mechanisms and structures." Jim Crutchfield

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    2w%

Quote Originally Posted by PinkPiranha View Post
    Hi, Ender. Here to play your game?

*shows geekness* lol
    Quote Originally Posted by ygolo View Post
    I was going to say the same thing.

Welcome Ender.
    lol.. My nickname draws from a couple different things. It is more heavily influenced from playing online games where I used to go by "/you" and my ex's reaction at times to the fact I usually say "err?" instead of "umm?". That lead me to change it from /you to /er, which fits just as well in FPS'. Tho I do like the book Ender's Game.

Quote Originally Posted by athenian200 View Post
    Hello, Ender. Welcome to MBTI Central. Feel free to ask any questions you may have about MBTI or general psychology.

How close is your T/F score, out of curiosity? You seem like an INFP with INTP tendencies.

I'm not particularly religious either... I just don't feel I can judge people on something without really knowing more about it for certain. I don't have that raw "faith" in me.

What do you mean by "Nanny State"? I've never heard that term.
    F is 79%, T is 21%. The T side I've developed more as a shield when I deal with the outside world. My father, brother and oldest friends are very much T's, with my father and brother being TJ's. My F side is more or less heavily guarded in that sense.

Nanny State is a term coined back in 1963. Policies such as mandatory helmet laws and bans on smoking in public places, high taxes on junk food, bans on recreational drug use, gun control, a legal drinking age or legal smoking age that is higher than the age of majority, political correctness, censorship, and content regulation are criticized as nanny state actions. Such actions result from the belief that the state (or, more often, one of its local authorities) has a comprehensive duty to protect the citizenry from their own harmful behaviors, and that the state knows best what constitutes harmful behavior.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Fe/Fi 36.9/37.7
    Ne/Ni 34.9/25.8
    Se/Si 25.7/19.5
    Te/Ti 28.4/31.9
    Type: 2w% sx/sp/so

I don't want it, I just need it, to breathe, to feel, to know I'm alive.

Never take life to seriously.. No one gets out alive in the end anyway.

MBTI
    GONE

Quote Originally Posted by Geoff View Post
    Hello there! Do you have those blue neon nights under your car?

-Geoff
    Hahhaa, that's illegal in Virginia, dang stick-in-the-muds.

Welcome Ender!!

And 'Nanny State' sounds so amusing. Like everyone gets a free state-issued helmet and tea and cookies at 3pm.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    2w%

Quote Originally Posted by CzeCze View Post
    And 'Nanny State' sounds so amusing. Like everyone gets a free state-issued helmet and tea and cookies at 3pm.
    Sure, but first you must go through training on how to properly wear your helmet, how to handle and drink your tea, plus the proper way to bite and chew your cookie.

However we regret to inform you that your 3PM tea and cookie is not available at this time. The staff who brew your tea are currently under going training and certification on how to safely brew tea.

That training however has been suspended as one of the trainee's accidentally spilt some water on the floor, and we're currently in the process of training someone else in the process of safely cleaning up the spilt water. Do not worry though, we have evacuated the tea brewing training facilities until such time as the spilt water can safely be removed.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Fe/Fi 36.9/37.7
    Ne/Ni 34.9/25.8
    Se/Si 25.7/19.5
    Te/Ti 28.4/31.9

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    2w%

Update:

Dear Sir or Madam,

We regret to inform you that your 3PM Tea and Cookie privileges are being revoked. It has come to our attention that certain ethnic and or religious groups have expressed that it goes goes against their beliefs, and in being that we strive for equality for all people, we feel that any further plans for said activity could in some way lead to further discomfort on their part. Hence forth any and all 3PM Tea and Cookie breaks are now deemed unethical.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Fe/Fi 36.9/37.7
    Ne/Ni 34.9/25.8
    Se/Si 25.7/19.5
    Te/Ti 28.4/31.9

MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    5x/o

Quote Originally Posted by Ender View Post
    No clue, don't know enough about other types to say.

Edit: I was just linked to an article that compares Calvin & Hobbes to Fight Club.

Metaphilm - Fight Club
    Welcome.

And that is a very interesting article! I don't think I know any INFPs who became that damaged (if we go by the premise of the article). I mean, certainly, most INFPs I've met aren't all new-age love and lost in fantasies. (Though I have always admired their ability for fantasy.) I guess it's just really hard for me to deduct what kind of person the Narrator really is. He's "Jack" and he's "Tyler". Hmmm.