MBTI
    eNxp
    Enneagram
    5/7
    Socionics
    eii

Default why herro thar

Hi everyone,

INFP here. Found this site by searching INFP on youtube, listened to INFPs talk about themselves. Saw on bey0ndaurora's video info box that there was a typologycentral.com. And here I am.

I guess I'm most interested in how MBTI and other such theories can help me understand my relationships with other people. Not just in a reomantic sense, but with friends and family as well. I'll try and post my thoughts in the relevant category, but not before I explore a bit and try to find my bearings here.

Looking forward to getting to know everyone.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4

So you're having romantic problems?

Banned
    MBTI
    eNxp
    Enneagram
    5/7
    Socionics
    eii

I wouldn't say romantic problems necessarily.

About a month or so ago, I was on this streaming website and met a girl there who I'm almost certain was an INFP. It took me awhile to realize it, but I fell pretty hard for her. It seemed to me at the time that she wasn't interested, and I felt like I was getting too attached and that's never healthy, so I just closed my account and left the site without saying anything. I would've said goodbye, but I don't think she would've been interested enough to care. I know nothing about her details (no idea where she's from, what she does for a living) but I feel like I know a lot about how she is on the inside.

I guess I mention this because meeting this girl helped me out in a lot of ways - mostly, I think in terms of getting a better idea of what kind of girl might be good for me. Pretty much someone a lot like her.

I'm curious to see what other people believe the MBTI of their ideal mate would be. And for the already married or involved folk, what they might have to say on the subject.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4

Wow! I was just kidding and trying to put you on the spot, but that worked surprisingly well. And it's rather apropos. I can definitely relate to what you said and have been in the same situation.

I can't speak for other people regarding compatibility, but I can offer my perspective. I used to think type was important, that I could only date an N, only someone with decent Thinking powers, and probably only an Introvert. I've since abandoned that way of thinking because I think energy is much more important. Some people make you feel special, happy, calm, comfortable, and it's not because of they're type. It's because of their range of moods and the rhythm with which they cycle through those moods. I guess you could think of it as frequency and amplitude. Some people resonate with each other independent of their type. It's usually unexpected.

Banned
    MBTI
    eNxp
    Enneagram
    5/7
    Socionics
    eii

Quote Originally Posted by xNTP View Post
    Wow! I was just kidding and trying to put you on the spot, but that worked surprisingly well. And it's rather apropos. I can definitely relate to what you said and have been in the same situation.

I I've since abandoned that way of thinking because I think energy is much more important. Some people make you feel special, happy, calm, comfortable, and it's not because of they're type. It's because of their range of moods and the rhythm with which they cycle through those moods. I guess you could think of it as frequency and amplitude. Some people resonate with each other independent of their type. It's usually unexpected.
    This is a great point and I couldn't agree more. But experience has taught me that if I have to discriminate based on MBTI, I cannot cannot be close with an S type ever again.

Two falling outs with friends who were Ss and the only two serious relationships I've been in were with Ss and only ended up in heartbreak. Not just heartbreak, but I've found I was carrying the relationship and idealizing them, when there were so many issues, especially regarding just simple communication.

But yeah, I agree with you. I think the word you might be looking for is "chemistry" and that definitely can trump everything.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4

Chemistry's too vague.

Welcome to the boards! Good to have you.

MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    7w8 sx/so
    Socionics
    SLE

Herrrro Darrr SecondBest! <--- Hillbilly Me

I'm from Chicka-Faw-Sawh, Florida.

Nice to meetcha'!

--------------------
    Type Stats:
    MBTI -> (E) 77.14% | (i) 22.86% ; (S) 60% | (n) 40% ; (T) 72.22% | (f) 27.78% ; (P) 51.43% | (j) 48.57%
    BIG 5 -> Extroversion 77% ; Accommodation 60% ; Orderliness 62% ; Emotional Stability 64% ; Open Mindedness 74%

Quotes:
    "If somebody asks your MBTI type on a first date, run". -Donna Cecilia
    "Enneagram is psychological underpinnings. Cognitive Functions are mental reasoning and perceptional processes. -Sanjuro

Banned
    MBTI
    eNxp
    Enneagram
    5/7
    Socionics
    eii

Thanks guys/gals. Still trying to figure out where everything is and how it all works.

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    8w9

Herro sairror!

Welcome here!

It's always something... PuddleRiver's Avatar
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    5w6

Hey thar Welcome, nice to meet you.
    "In the depth of winter, I finally learned that within me there lay one invincible summer."
    ~~~~
    A Christian's life may be the only Bible some people ever read.
    ~~~~
    "The first time someone shows you who they are, believe them" Maya Angelou.
    ~~~~
    I like your Christ. I do not like your Christians. Your Christians are so unlike your Christ" Gandhi
    ~~~~