User Tag List

12 Last

Thread: New ENFJ

MBTI
    ENFJ

Default New ENFJ

Hello!

I've been lurking here for about a month, finally decided to register.

I tested as an INTP in high school and early college, but I test as an ENFJ now. I suspect ENFJ is more accurate; in the earlier tests the only thing I tested strongly in was N, so I was more xNxx but the test had to place me in something . . . .

I suspect that the environment I was in during high school caused me to test more INTP than what I really am - I remember being particularly unhappy as I culturally didn't fit in. I was most certainly a loner and had a difficult time making friends. The nerds and geeks had their own clique and I didn't even fit into that.

From the descriptions I read of ENFJs I think I match pretty well to that.

I do think the one thing I'm still on the border of is the I/E spectrum. I do enjoy being around people but I prefer to be alone to recharge my batteries. Also I don't really care for large crowds/parties.

Hmm. What else? I'm a software engineer in Los Angeles. I like to run road races (mostly half marathons but I've run one marathon so far and I have another one planned for this Fall) and am starting to get into running triathlons. I go to 'SC part-time for my master's.

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    8w9

Welcome!
    Triathlons you say, serious business.
    What are you getting your master's in?

MBTI
    ENFJ

Thank you!

Yes - I still need to buy a bike (probably next month). But hopefully the triathlons will help the running and I can really start to shave my time down. My big goal is a sub 4:00 marathon.

I'm getting my master's in Computer Science, emphasis computer security.
    Last edited by ExAstrisSpes; 08-11-2010 at 11:59 AM. Reason: .

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    8w9

That's cool! My goal is to not sit in this chair all day today, too..

Good luck with your master's! You seem very ambitious

MBTI
    ENFJ

Thank you again! I will most certainly need a lot of luck with my master's. Some days I wonder if I took on just a bit too much this time. . .

What work out do you have planned today?

Welcome, ExAstrisSpes!
    Your kisses, sweeter than honey. But guess what, so is my money.

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    8w9

Ugh. I'm sort of having a rest day, today. Worked out yesterday and the day before.
    Today is a time for stretching. Like, stretching out my stomach with food!
    My calves are sore, I didn't get enough sleep and I'm just full of excuses..
    I'll make sure to punish myself tomorrow with a few laps around the neighbourhood.

What is it about running that you like so much?

MBTI
    ENFJ

Thank you Gromit! I like your profile photo! (Although that avocado is begging to be eaten!)

Salt - maybe some yoga today then? You can find some easy workouts online, although I've had the best luck at home with a yoga CD I have that I can "build" different yoga playlists from.

I love that a 30 minute run can just make the difference between me having an OK day to a really great one. Also, when I find my running "groove", it's just really great quality time that I can't get from anything else. Very few activities have consistently made me feel like I was "alive" more than running. If you ever compete in races, you'll enjoy running across the finish line too. It just feels so satisfying no matter what place you actually are. And I run slow! (~12 minute miles, but the speedwork I started doing this summer is helping with that!)

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    8w9

Quote Originally Posted by ExAstrisSpes View Post
    Salt - maybe some yoga today then? You can find some easy workouts online, although I've had the best luck at home with a yoga CD I have that I can "build" different yoga playlists from.

I love that a 30 minute run can just make the difference between me having an OK day to a really great one. Also, when I find my running "groove", it's just really great quality time that I can't get from anything else. Very few activities have consistently made me feel like I was "alive" more than running. If you ever compete in races, you'll enjoy running across the finish line too. It just feels so satisfying no matter what place you actually are. And I run slow! (~12 minute miles, but the speedwork I started doing this summer is helping with that!)
    Yoga is good! I used to do Power yoga. It was fun in the beginning when it was all new and shiny, but I lost interest. I'm looking into doing some Bikram yoga. Sounds interesting!

Hm. That sounds quite inspiring actually. I never though I had the patience or mind set for running. At least longer than to the bus! But I can certainly relate to crossing the finish line and that great rush of adrenaline. OK, you've convinced me. I'm gonna buy the vibram five fingers and start running! I like to change up my lifestyle.

He who laughs
    Enneagram
    5w4

hello triathlon sounds cool