User Tag List

First 234

Thread: Hi Gang!!

MBTI
    ISTP

Quote Originally Posted by INTJMom View Post
    You mean and my husband?
    (Just a little personal... and very INTPish, by the way)
    Historically speaking... averaging it out... he neglects me, and I let him.
    Sorry if that came across too prying. Very INTPish? Do they do that? I was more curious about broad brush-strokes...like the comment you gave me. Is that good or bad? Hmmm...don't know if I'd like being neglected.

MBTI
    INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by FrisbeeLad View Post
    Sorry if that came across too prying. Very INTPish? Do they do that?
    More than any other type, in my experience. I only said something to bring to your attention that fact that you may have a good amount of N working for you.

I was more curious about broad brush-strokes...like the comment you gave me. Is that good or bad? Hmmm...don't know if I'd like being neglected.
    Some people are troubleshooters. Some people are maintainers.

My husband and I are both troubleshooters in our general approach to life. Neither one of us are very good at maintaining a relationship, or anything else for that matter. We tend more to troubleshoot when a problem presents itself.

I didn't realize that until I met people who regularly maintain everything in their lives: their house, their car, their teeth, etc. That's their general approach to life. My husband and I are more sporadic, I guess. We do those things, but not on a regular schedule.

insert random title here Randomnity's Avatar
    MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    6w5 sp/sx

Hi, welcome. I have an INFP mom too! We have an interesting relationship, I must say.

Quote Originally Posted by aelan View Post
    Welcome. I wait for two more STPs who're gonna bump on along here within the day to sniff you out, I'll bet.
    Haha, I guess I'm your second. Oops third, I clearly can't count.

MBTI
    INFP

Quote Originally Posted by FrisbeeLad View Post
    I've already posted a couple times, but thought I should come back here and introduce myself as well.

Me: ISTP, border-line E...as a folks that don't know MBTI very well think I am...but NO!!! Definitely I (just throw me in a sea of people I don't know, doing something that seems uninteresting, and watch me hide in a corner or flee for an exit)

Raised by an INFP mom (dad's an ISTJ)...so sort of have an understanding of N's...most of my friends and wife are N's. That could simply be from going to University, where S's tend to be weeded out more often. You gotta admit...University's are geared far more for N's to succeed and travel onto to post-grad studies.

Hobbies: Ultimate Frisbee (15 years and counting), MBTI, investing, fantasy football, board games, outdoors - hiking, camping, fishing

Loves: my wife (INFJ), green/white teas and dark chocolate and organic food

I've been learning about MBTI for about 10 years now, actually 15 years. Whoa!!! Wasn't sure about my choice for college majors and took a careers class. Got exposed and initially typed there. I find "type" and type-watching amazing stuff. You can garnish sooo much insight about people and their relationships with others from this stuff. Love it!!!

So...I'm looking forward to talking about my idears, observations, and experiences with "type". Glad to be here.

What's weird is that I NEVER thought a multi-type forum like this existed. In the past, I've looked for this but it tended to be type-specific...like the ENFP's group. And I noticed not many ISTP's are into this stuff nor would they have a tendency to start their own forum. I was simply doing a Google search today for Tom Brady's type and found some chatter about him here. Cool!!!

Talk to you all soon!!! I did read about someone's post about ISTP rambling a lot. Funny!!!

Ooh! Ooh! Investing, hiking, MBTI, organic foods, dark chocolates, teas, board games... AND Tom Brady!!!
    Welcome aboard, Frisbeelad!
    -Sandy
    I - 75% N - 55% F - 55% P - 61%
    Enneagram 4w5

There is love... in the red letters
    There is truth... in the red letters

MBTI
    ISTP

Quote Originally Posted by CzeCze View Post
    Welcome!

I take it you like a rousing game of Ultimate.
    Definitely!!! If the ground's slightly wet, it's better because you slide really far when you hit the ground after diving.

Permabanned

Hi everyone! I am Mia Cruz, a friendly newbie in the forum
    :0

MBTI
    ISTP

Quote Originally Posted by INTJMom View Post
    Some people are troubleshooters. Some people are maintainers.

My husband and I are both troubleshooters in our general approach to life. Neither one of us are very good at maintaining a relationship, or anything else for that matter. We tend more to troubleshoot when a problem presents itself.

I didn't realize that until I met people who regularly maintain everything in their lives: their house, their car, their teeth, etc. That's their general approach to life. My husband and I are more sporadic, I guess. We do those things, but not on a regular schedule.
    I get it. That makes sense.

MBTI
    ISTP

Quote Originally Posted by Sandy View Post
    Ooh! Ooh! Investing, hiking, MBTI, organic foods, dark chocolates, teas, board games... AND Tom Brady!!!
    Welcome aboard, Frisbeelad!
    Thanks!!

MBTI
    ISTP

Quote Originally Posted by Randomnity View Post
    Hi, welcome. I have an INFP mom too! We have an interesting relationship, I must say.
    Yeah...I bet you do. Ours is interesting as well. She's always wanted to be very deep and close to me and had a lot of separation anxiety when I went away to college and still has it after I got married. She was definitely a great mother, but we didn't always "get" each other. She DRAGGED my feelings out of me...wouldn't let me be quiet about something that was bothering until I talked about it with her. However...as a fortunate consequence of having her as a mom, I'm not as emotionally closed as other ISTP's I've met; much to the joy of my INFJ wife. I'm definitely a T but am coming to understand my F side even more...more so with the help of my wife now.

I always thought my mom was a bit spacey. Then when I learned about MBTI it all started to make sense, including "our" dynamic.