User Tag List

123 Last

Results 1 to 10 of 53

Thread: I'm back

  1. #1
    Freshman Member simulatedworld's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx/so
    Socionics
    ILE
    Posts
    5,554

    Default I'm back

    K so, if anything interesting has happened in the last couple months, you all can fill me in on it. (I did notice that one of my articles from Per-C ended up getting posted here, and that the girl I got banned for "harassing" actually made a post expressing how much she thinks the forum needs me back...both of which I found pretty amusing.)

    I've been posting intermittently on personalitycafe.com since getting banned here...amusingly they've already made three of my articles front page features and/or stickies, and bestowed upon me the "Advanced MBTI Knowledge" and "Awesome Posts" awards.

    Personalitycafe is cool; people actually care about type theory and you don't just get a bunch of "tl;dr" every time you post anything meaningful.

    Oh yeah and the mod staff isn't retarded, that helps too. They don't intervene in any threads unless their presence is requested or you do something egregiously offensive, like massive porn spamming or something.

    The best part, though, is that they actually value knowledge over politeness. Type-c will throw out its best contributors for being rude, but if you're sweet and polite but have absolutely nothing worthwhile to contribute, you're golden.

    All in it pretty much kicks the shit out of this place, and yet, here I am again. (Although I will confess they don't have the emoticon, which I have sorely missed.)

    Anyway I'll probably be around less often now, since trying to teach the community how incredibly bad 99% of you are at Jungian function theory results in getting banned.

    If you want to read my newer type theory posts, check them out on Personalitycafe:

    Intro to Function Theory + More Detailed Descriptions of Each Function

    Public Service Announcement: Five Common Functional Misconceptions

    Dominant/Tertiary Loops and Common Personality Disorders


    Currently working on a new article about spot reading people and what to look for when picking out a new person's type with very little information...probably will be posted on Per-C and not here.


    P.S.,

    ESTP for Harry Potter is still the #1 worst type read I've ever heard.


    P.P.S.,

    Magic sponge-ophant, they're not going to make you a moderator no matter how much you suck up to them or how many creepy shirtless pics you post on your profile. I'd just give it up if I were you.


    Peace out.
    If you could be anything you want, I bet you'd be disappointed--am I right?

  2. #2
    Intriguing.... Quinlan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    9w1
    Socionics
    Booo
    Posts
    3,005

    Default

    I like your misconception post.
    Act your age not your enneagram number.

    Quinlan's Creations

  3. #3
    Senior Member Nonsensical's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4
    Posts
    4,010

    Default

    welcome back.
    Is it that by its indefiniteness it shadows forth the heartless voids and immensities of the universe, and thus stabs us from behind with the thought of annihilation, when beholding the white depths of the milky way?

  4. #4
    Senior Member Abstract Thinker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5
    Socionics
    INFp
    Posts
    330

    Default

    I joined a few days before you got banned, so I'm interested to see what all the hype is about. (They've been talking about you since you got banned.)

    And btw, Harry Potter is INFP.

  5. #5
    Senior Member Nonsensical's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4
    Posts
    4,010

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Abstract Thinker View Post
    I joined a few days before you got banned, so I'm interested to see what all the hype is about. (They've been talking about you since you got banned.)

    And btw, Harry Potter is INFP.
    Score.
    Is it that by its indefiniteness it shadows forth the heartless voids and immensities of the universe, and thus stabs us from behind with the thought of annihilation, when beholding the white depths of the milky way?

  6. #6
    Senior Member Nonsensical's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4
    Posts
    4,010

    Default

    I'm going to be blunt and say I didn't used to like you very much.

    But I'm not on here to make friends.

    You getting banned was bullshit. You're vital to TypoC. Without people like you (and Jack Flak), we really are just a bunch of mediocre posters that are "sweet and polite but have absolutely nothing worthwhile to contribute."
    Is it that by its indefiniteness it shadows forth the heartless voids and immensities of the universe, and thus stabs us from behind with the thought of annihilation, when beholding the white depths of the milky way?

  7. #7
    Freshman Member simulatedworld's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx/so
    Socionics
    ILE
    Posts
    5,554

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Abstract Thinker View Post
    I joined a few days before you got banned, so I'm interested to see what all the hype is about. (They've been talking about you since you got banned.)

    And btw, Harry Potter is INFP.
    Quote Originally Posted by Funkadelic View Post
    Score.

    I dunno what it is with people misreading Harry Potter/projecting their favorite types on to him.

    I'm hard pressed to think of a more obviously ISFP literary character.

    But I will say this--INFP isn't half as bad a read as ESTP. At least you got the right dominant function (Fi.)


    Quote Originally Posted by Quinlan View Post
    I like your misconception post.
    Thank you.
    If you could be anything you want, I bet you'd be disappointed--am I right?

  8. #8
    Permabanned
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    MBTI
    xkcd
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/sp
    Socionics
    INT_
    Posts
    10,733

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by simulatedworld View Post
    K so, if anything interesting has happened in the last couple months, you all can fill me in on it. (I did notice that one of my articles from Per-C ended up getting posted here, and that the girl I got banned for "harassing" actually made a post expressing how much she thinks the forum needs me back...both of which I found pretty amusing.)

    I've been posting intermittently on personalitycafe.com since getting banned here...amusingly they've already made three of my articles front page features and/or stickies, and bestowed upon me the "Advanced MBTI Knowledge" and "Awesome Posts" awards.

    Personalitycafe is cool; people actually care about type theory and you don't just get a bunch of "tl;dr" every time you post anything meaningful.

    Oh yeah and the mod staff isn't retarded, that helps too. They don't intervene in any threads unless their presence is requested or you do something egregiously offensive, like massive porn spamming or something.

    The best part, though, is that they actually value knowledge over politeness. Type-c will throw out its best contributors for being rude, but if you're sweet and polite but have absolutely nothing worthwhile to contribute, you're golden.

    All in it pretty much kicks the shit out of this place, and yet, here I am again. (Although I will confess they don't have the emoticon, which I have sorely missed.)

    Anyway I'll probably be around less often now, since trying to teach the community how incredibly bad 99% of you are at Jungian function theory results in getting banned.

    If you want to read my newer type theory posts, check them out on Personalitycafe:

    Intro to Function Theory + More Detailed Descriptions of Each Function

    Public Service Announcement: Five Common Functional Misconceptions

    Dominant/Tertiary Loops and Common Personality Disorders


    Currently working on a new article about spot reading people and what to look for when picking out a new person's type with very little information...probably will be posted on Per-C and not here.


    P.S.,

    ESTP for Harry Potter is still the #1 worst type read I've ever heard.


    P.P.S.,

    Magic sponge-ophant, they're not going to make you a moderator no matter how much you suck up to them or how many creepy shirtless pics you post on your profile. I'd just give it up if I were you.


    Peace out.
    tl;dr

  9. #9
    THIS bitch stringstheory's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    1
    Socionics
    EII
    Posts
    932

    Default

    i should look before i post.....i don't think i ever came across your posts, so i don't know who you are but hello and welcome back anyway!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

    Introverted Feeling (46.7)
    Extraverted Intuition (45.7)
    Introverted Intuition (37.5)
    Introverted Thinking(26.5)
    Extraverted Feeling (25.4)
    Extraverted Thinking (22.1)
    Extraverted Sensing (19.5)
    Introverted Sensing (17.0)



  10. #10
    Senior Member Abstract Thinker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5
    Socionics
    INFp
    Posts
    330

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by simulatedworld View Post
    I'm hard pressed to think of a more obviously ISFP literary character.
    S vs. N?

    Hmm... good point. He is always aware of his surroundings, but he's also always thinking/feeling/seeing into the future or the past. Sorta necessary for his character.

    Now, that having been said... INFP is not my "favorite type." Just cuz I'm an INFP doesn't mean I'm happy about it. "I am what I am, and that's all that I am" said the cartoon sailor.

    My
    favorites are SPs. Especially those SP women. Yummy.

Similar Threads

  1. Rusty and dipping toe back in...hi.
    By Liz in forum Welcomes and Introductions
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 10-22-2007, 06:19 AM
  2. Life: to be taken ambitiously or laid-back?
    By niki in forum Myers-Briggs and Jungian Cognitive Functions
    Replies: 47
    Last Post: 10-07-2007, 09:04 AM
  3. Replies: 10
    Last Post: 08-14-2007, 07:04 AM
  4. Replies: 4
    Last Post: 05-06-2007, 02:28 PM
  5. guess who's back
    By niffer in forum Welcomes and Introductions
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 04-27-2007, 12:28 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO