First 3456 Last

Thread: I'm back

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4

Lightbulb

Quote Originally Posted by digesthisickness View Post
    i want to know if he's ever going to get over winning a couple of 'awards' on some internet site.
    I AWARD THEE THE SMARTASS AWARD! CONGRATULATIONS!!!

✿ڿڰۣஇღ♥ wut ♥ღஇڿڰۣ✿ digesthisickness's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTP

Quote Originally Posted by xNTP View Post
    I AWARD THEE THE SMARTASS AWARD! CONGRATULATIONS!!!
    OMFG!!!

*posts the news on facebook*
    ✻ღϠ₡ღ✻
    (¯`✻´¯)
    `*.¸.*'ღϠ₡ღஇڿڰۣ
    •.¸¸. Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒჱܓ. இڿڰۣ.¸¸.இڿڰۣ´¯`·.─♥

Cerebral Artery
    http://www.facebook.com/CerebralArtery

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Great. Now she'll go on Pers Cafe and tell them about all the awards she gets here at TypoC, to try to make them feel bad...
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

✿ڿڰۣஇღ♥ wut ♥ღஇڿڰۣ✿ digesthisickness's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTP

Quote Originally Posted by Jennifer View Post
    Great. Now she'll go on Pers Cafe and tell them about all the awards she gets here at TypoC, to try to make them feel bad...
    did you hear about the award i got today for being a smartass? they don't just give those away; you have to earn them. the smartass awards, that is.
    ✻ღϠ₡ღ✻
    (¯`✻´¯)
    `*.¸.*'ღϠ₡ღஇڿڰۣ
    •.¸¸. Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒჱܓ. இڿڰۣ.¸¸.இڿڰۣ´¯`·.─♥

Cerebral Artery
    http://www.facebook.com/CerebralArtery

MBTI
    3h50
    Socionics
    ILE

If the narcissistic supply was just that much better on the other site, why return?

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ILI Ni

Welcome back.

Interesting function theory posts.

Please provide feedback on my Nohari and Johari Window by clicking here: Nohari/Johari

Tri-type 639

Away with the fairies Southern Kross's Avatar
    MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 so/sp

Quote Originally Posted by simulatedworld View Post
    Great post, thank you. That's an interesting point. I think it's more or less what I was trying to say, just in more precise terms.

I suspect that there are two causes of this:

A) That Ti and Fi are not focused on the same aspects of people (so one sees and emphasizes similarities that the other either doesn't notice or doesn't consider important), and
    B) Fi users consider categorization in Te terms, so they want any categories to be objectively verifiable, empirically evident and static according to collective standards for impersonal ideas. They don't seem to recognize that Ti categories are neither static nor objectively measurable because they describe only blueprints and not real processes with measurable truth/falsehood. They're more continually evolving overarching explanations for the frameworks of everything, but they're constantly subtly adjusted every time we gain new information.

Ti is really just as subjective as Fi! It's just not ethics-focused in most cases.

Consider that as we move away from an introverted perspective and toward an extroverted one, we sacrifice depth and precision in order to gain breadth and broader/more externally realistic applicability. So Te only uses categories insofar as they can be applied consistently and unflinchingly across many contexts, and in order to achieve this they sacrifice some depth and precision. Te users dislike the degree to which Ti will emphasize its own personal experience in its formulation of categories, because when those categories are constantly changed and updated in order to reflect reality in total completeness and depth in real time, there's no way they can have yet passed through the Te process of objective verification and collective consensus; therefore, since they seem to work fully and reliably only for the Ti user himself, they have no objective value. Ti constantly states, "I think", but Te users do not value a Thinking idea until it has had time to work its way into the Te-friendly, "We think", and thus comes off as too speculative and insistent upon an unrealistic degree of precision.
    That's interesting, I never thought of that as a Te influenced thing. This all makes me wonder about the relationship between Fi-dom and Ti-dom approaches to critical thinking; if these two subjectives attitudes to it can ever result in any similarities when they are divided by their Te and Fe influences.

As for the whole Fi opposition to categorization: I don't have a problem with it. Fortunately, I am able to "use my Ti" and recognize the need for such things
    INFP 4w5 so/sp

I've dreamt in my life dreams that have stayed with me ever after, and changed my ideas;
    they've gone through and through me, like wine through water, and altered the colour of my mind.

- Emily Bronte

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    5&4 sx
    Socionics
    INFj

[the OP]
    omg, really?

You know, this is not unlike some poor, bitter guy running up to the ex-girlfriend who dumped him & bragging to her about how much better his new girlfriend is & how much she missed the boat. But! also! pointedly asking if she has someone new in her life/if she's seeing someone else. Funny huh?

On a less aggravated note, I like your Dom/Tert Loop & Personality Disorder theory, very interesting. It makes me wonder, though, why you never posted anything nearly as cool while you were here. All that time & you were holding out on us, champ! Sad.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5 sp/sx

I use Jungian functions, not MBTI.
    nitpicky much?

Uh huh, and he can also say lots with lots of words. What's your point?
    5 3 9

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx/so
    Socionics
    ILE

Quote Originally Posted by King-Of-Despair View Post
    nitpicky much?
    Not even a little bit. The difference between the two is staggering.

Quote Originally Posted by onemoretime View Post
    If the narcissistic supply was just that much better on the other site, why return?
    Cause two sources of narcissistic supply are better than one!

Quote Originally Posted by digesthisickness View Post
    i want to know if he's ever going to get over winning a couple of 'awards' on some internet site.
    Just illustrating the differences between the ways the two forums responded to me...thought it was funny.
    If you could be anything you want, I bet you'd be disappointed--am I right?